Duncanville wow

GTAlumnus

8 hours ago, HGWar6 said:

According to pre-game show, Duncanville was supposed to have three DBs that were rated in the top 50.  They didn't play like it.  Including the Hail Mary, I think they gave up four TD passes over 40 yards.

They guy who caught those passes was a beast. He is a Dez Bryant clone with more size and is just a sophomore. They were short passes that he took the distance. I can't think of any DB's who would have stop him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HGWar6 said:

According to pre-game show, Duncanville was supposed to have three DBs that were rated in the top 50.  They didn't play like it.  Including the Hail Mary, I think they gave up four TD passes over 40 yards.

I saw it on tv.  Looks like the Galena Park kid made a huge play.  It happens! I know folks that didn’t give Duncanville a chance to even stay in this ball game.  

3 hours ago, Grainraiser said:

They guy who caught those passes was a beast. He is a Dez Bryant clone with more size and is just a sophomore. They were short passes that he took the distance. I can't think of any DB's who would have stop him.

3 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

I saw it on tv.  Looks like the Galena Park kid made a huge play.  It happens! I know folks that didn’t give Duncanville a chance to even stay in this ball game.  

Okay.  Maybe the HS equivalent of Jerry Rice vs. Deion Sanders with Rice winning this matchup.  There was on TD where there wasn't a Duncanville DB within 15 yards of the receiver. That I say shouldn't happen if you have that kind of talent in the secondary.

I guess the flip side to that is Duncanville ran for over 400 yards primarily via their QB.  I'm guessing a lot of folks wouldn't have expected North Shore to give up that many yards regardless of how talented the QB might be.

Passing game of North Shore able to make one more play than the Duncanville running game.

It was the best game of the week with two heavyweights trading blow for blow.  Would love to see them meet again like Cedar Hill and Katy did three years in a row.

• Like 1

One thing I couldn't understand while watching the game (I know, armchair quarterback 2nd guessing the eventual outcome) was continuously feeding the ball to #3 right into the teeth of the defense. If this guy is the best prospect in the state next year, why wasn't he popping outside against the flow (shows vision, seeing ahead of the play) instead of running right smack dab into his linemen. The comparison was to A.P., but that dude could cut away a from mass of bodies on a quick cut right or left. They were smoking DHS with the pass. I would have fed the ball maybe once and then hit a quick slant left like they did on one play where he took it to the house, instead of on one possession with the lead they fed him 3 straight times. They were keying on #3 in particular the whole game and I think if they would have thrown a little more, the outcome wouldn't have been as close. They were forcing NS to become one dimensional and they should have obliged them and hurt them over and over. Usually after that happens a long run will eventually pop. Maybe the NS coach was worried about his young QB taking a hit after a pass and didn't want to take the chance.

I know NS blasted through their entire season until this game, but I saw better tackling from Canadian and LV (those 2 teams went through the ball carriers, they didn't wait on them until they got in their vicinity to make the tackle) than from this 6A squad. I know the quality of opponent was better, but they were overrunning plays, not staying in their lanes, taking bad angles in pursuit, etc. One thing they definitely had more of was speed. Not one DHS guy could completely outrun them on big offensive plays.

31 minutes ago, FB59 said:

One thing I couldn't understand while watching the game (I know, armchair quarterback 2nd guessing the eventual outcome) was continuously feeding the ball to #3 right into the teeth of the defense. If this guy is the best prospect in the state next year, why wasn't he popping outside against the flow (shows vision, seeing ahead of the play) instead of running right smack dab into his linemen. The comparison was to A.P., but that dude could cut away a from mass of bodies on a quick cut right or left. They were smoking DHS with the pass. I would have fed the ball maybe once and then hit a quick slant left like they did on one play where he took it to the house, instead of on one possession with the lead they fed him 3 straight times. They were keying on #3 in particular the whole game and I think if they would have thrown a little more, the outcome wouldn't have been as close. They were forcing NS to become one dimensional and they should have obliged them and hurt them over and over. Usually after that happens a long run will eventually pop. Maybe the NS coach was worried about his young QB taking a hit after a pass and didn't want to take the chance.

I know NS blasted through their entire season until this game, but I saw better tackling from Canadian and LV (those 2 teams went through the ball carriers, they didn't wait on them until they got in their vicinity to make the tackle) than from this 6A squad. I know the quality of opponent was better, but they were overrunning plays, not staying in their lanes, taking bad angles in pursuit, etc. One thing they definitely had more of was speed. Not one DHS guy could completely outrun them on big offensive plays.

I thought the same thing.  During the first half, they hurt Duncanville with the pass.  Yet for the start of the second half, they attempted to run the ball and were ineffective.  I think they threw a couple of short passes and wide receiver screens.  They didn't really go back to the passing game they displayed in the first half until they fell behind.

I would strongly suggest Duncanville work on their passing game. There running game would be lethal if they could keep a team like Northshore from Stacking the box. Those 42 yards they got from the passing game was from nibbling on the edge. Northshore was to fast to allow them to break those plays. That Northshore flea flicker screen pass was one of the best plays I have ever seen on the high school level. The pass to the big tackle was a great play also. Duncanville needs to work on their passing game. They play in a week district so they have plenty of time to work on it.