Now that the season is over

EnjoyLife

Van,Newton, Paul Pewitt, Aledo & Cuero...  Also, watched Jarod Whittington tie Dwight Smith’s rushing Touchdown record in a Championship game (5)& break Eric Dickerson’s State Championship Game Rushing Record of 331 yards with 334 yards!👏

Also, watched Longview Win their second State Championship; (but that was on Television.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

What programs did you see for the first time this season? I added Pleasant Grove, West Rusk, Lumberton, Splendora, Waskom, Shadow Creek, Beaumont Westbrook, Duncanville and Galena Park North Shore to my list. 

I forgot about Malakoff. 

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Van,Newton, Paul Pewitt, Aledo & Cuero...  Also, watched Jarod Whittington tie Dwight Smith’s rushing Touchdown record in a Championship game (5)& break Eric Dickerson’s State Championship Game Rushing Record of 331 yards with 334 yards!👏

Also, watched Longview Win their second State Championship; (but that was on Television.)

Thought the RB from mart (tyreke horne) broke the record... 7 touchdowns 

I was able to watch the Carthage/Marshall and Carthage/Pleasant Grove games and a couple of Newton games. First opportunities to see many of these teams.  Was a definite treat to watch the talent on the fields that night, and can imagine that each of these programs will be just as successful in the future.  The "state of football" in East Texas is alive and well for many seasons to come.

29 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The kid from Mart did set a record for 2A, and the kid from Cuero set one for 4A. I’m not sure what the overall record is. 

Horn broke the 2A record, then the 11-man record, then Wittingham broke both records again the next day.

2 hours ago, TbPanther said:

Horn broke the 2A record, then the 11-man record, then Wittingham broke both records again the next day.

So you’re saying a set a record on Thursday by scoring 7 TDs, then another kid broke that record on Friday by scoring 5 TDs? For the record, where did you learn math??

The NEW MATH  is a killer.  We live in world where right and wrong no longer exists.

Math had to make the change to universal variables to keep up.

No such thing any more as the "=" sign ... it's all negotiable now.

And ">" and "<" are both judgments - and therefore not allowed.

This true answer is in the eye of the beholder - nothing is finite because it depends on the situation.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Predictive causality is an interesting topic along with associative forecasting.  Real Through the Looking Glass type stuff, well at least the larger implications are.  Predictive cause and effect?

In unrelated news *wink* President Trump just signed a bill ($1.2 billion) that will boost research into quantum technology.  

Numbers are getting too big.  2.77 billion users of social media platforms worldwide.  Hmmm? 

That's OK, I still have my trusty SLIDE RULE.  And my Bell Curve is now vertical instead of horizontal.

The only math I used as a coach was the Pythagorean Therum to lay out and mark a football practice field from scratch and the possible permutations possible in matching the right Offensive Play Call vs any given defense or defenses.

However, a couple of times when our defense was really, really overmatched and really, really playing terribly in the middle of the first quarter, I kept looking at the scoreboard trying to determine if, at the current rate, there were enough digits on the scoreboard to handle the numbers til the end of the game.

Many people say that Chess is a lot like football ... but I found the biggest difference was that, unlike Chess, when Checkmate is reached the game is over ... but in football, Checkmate may take place three minutes into the third quarter, but the game ain't over.  And that's a bad thing.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez takes office next month.  Check and mate.  

Living proof that politics has nothing to do with intelligence and that liberal theory was right, "Regardless of how stupid or untrue a fact is, if you say something often enough, loud enough, and to enough people ... then it makes it true."

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1