Now that the season is over

EnjoyLife

18 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

What programs did you see for the first time this season?

In reverse order...

Alvin Shadow Creek, Amarillo Tascosa, Spring Westfield, Prosper, Copperas Cove, Garland Lakeview Centennial, Mesquite Poteet, Keller Timber Creek.

Not the first time but also saw Duncanville for the first time in over 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

That qb as good as advertised? 

Only saw PNG for a half Vs. Lindale after our win over Nederland.  I don't think it was his best game Vs. Lindale...but he most definitely made their offense go.  

I would have loved to seen the game between PNG and Nederland.

I know we talk a lot about bad officiating crews here, but I would like to give a shoutout to the crew that worked our season opener at Deweyville. They were out of the Beaumont chapter, as was the chain crew. I’d never seen a school use officials to run chains. All of these guys really had their stuff together. 

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Ultimately? Neural networks,  deep learning,  predictive cause and effect,  the rise of artificial intelligence and the downfall of man.

ye shall be as gods.

What's that have to do with basketball?

19 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

So you’re saying a set a record on Thursday by scoring 7 TDs, then another kid broke that record on Friday by scoring 5 TDs? For the record, where did you learn math??

My bad. The radio broadcast said Whittingham had 8 TDs. That's what I get for believing a broadcaster.

Thanks for the roast 🙂

8 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

I like basketball as well.  I know most on here don’t consider it a sport and I do like FB best, but BB is normally fast pace and a lot fun to watch

Oleman in most years I would have to agree. For the past few years , the level of play by my team of choice has fallen off so I am going through  a good  case of sports withdrawal.

On 12/23/2018 at 2:35 PM, EnjoyLife said:

What programs did you see for the first time this season? I added Pleasant Grove, West Rusk, Lumberton, Splendora, Waskom, Shadow Creek, Beaumont Westbrook, Duncanville and Galena Park North Shore to my list. 

Hutto, Goliad, George West, Pearsall, Pleasanton, San Antonio Holmes, Port Isabel, LaFeria, San Antonio Clark, San Antonio Marshall, Anna, El Campo, Fulshear, Houston North Forest, Dallas Conrad, Clear Falls, Cypress Springs, Caddo Mills, Eastland, Breckenridge, Eagle Pass Winn, San Antonio Harlan, Frisco Memorial, Cypress Woods, South Houston, Katy Tompkins, Katy Paetow, Houston Bellaire, Groveton, Garrison, Andrews, Humble Summer Creek, Alief Hastings, Celeste, San Saba, Corpus Christi Veterans Memorial, Iowa Park, Alvin Shadow Creek, Malakoff, Gruver, New Deal, Follett, McClean and Milford

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

No offense intended; & his service to his country is greatly appreciated!🇺🇸 Merry Christmas!

Oh .. I didn't take it that way ...

Just praying we never have to have another Pacific Theatre.

Never talked about it ... but we learned early on that if he was asleep and you needed to wake him up, you best not touch him to do so.

Merry Christmas to you, too.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 7:27 AM, DOB said:

Oh .. I didn't take it that way ...

Just praying we never have to have another Pacific Theatre.

Never talked about it ... but we learned early on that if he was asleep and you needed to wake him up, you best not touch him to do so.

Merry Christmas to you, too.

My Dad was a Marine in WWII also. Was on Guam. He didn't talk too much about it either. We never even realized that he probably had PTSD until he had alzheimer's in his 90's and would think people were shooting at him on July 4th when he'd hear the fireworks. He just dealt with it quietly all those years. Greatest generation that ever lived...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

My Dad was a Marine in WWII also. Was on Guam. He didn't talk too much about it either. We never even realized that he probably had PTSD until he had alzheimer's in his 90's and would think people were shooting at him on July 4th when he'd hear the fireworks. He just dealt with it quietly all those years. Greatest generation that ever lived...

Honed by the Great Depression and sharpened by WWII, they rolled up their sleeves and built this country from the bottom up ... gosh I miss him.

• Like 3