Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Cowboys Week 17  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • Dallas Cowboys
    • New York Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2018 at 06:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Cowboys coming off a big win over the Bucs, which sealed for them the NFC East title. The hated Giants coming off a meaningless loss from the Colts. This last game of the regular season has no bearing on either teams position as things stand. Thoughts? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Touchdown!! That's the Prescott I want to see in the playoffs.

Will be one UGLY game........And probably a Giants win......something like 20 - 10, with very few starters getting snaps   This coming from a Cowboys fan. 

Im not sure what the best way to approach this game is. Conventional wisdom is to rest your starters and not risk injury...but if the Cowboys lose this one they will go into the playoffs having droppe

Posted Images

NFC East Standings:

Cowboys  9-6

Eagles       8-7

Redskins  7-8

Giants       5-10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure what the best way to approach this game is. Conventional wisdom is to rest your starters and not risk injury...but if the Cowboys lose this one they will go into the playoffs having dropped 2 of their last 3. I would rather see them go in on a winning streak. If I was Garrett think I would be all in on winning this one and take my chances on injuries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Im not sure what the best way to approach this game is. Conventional wisdom is to rest your starters and not risk injury...but if the Cowboys lose this one they will go into the playoffs having dropped 2 of their last 3. I would rather see them go in on a winning streak. If I was Garrett think I would be all in on winning this one and take my chances on injuries.

If the Cowboys had a bye week the first week of the playoffs, I would 100% agree. 

But Smith and Martin on the offensive line need a week off. Elliott doesn’t need too many touches(he has had a bunch this year). If Dak plays, no read options and he must be told to hit the ground instead of busting tackles. 

The young linebackers play extremely hard - they need to play no more than half the snaps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Im not sure what the best way to approach this game is. Conventional wisdom is to rest your starters and not risk injury...but if the Cowboys lose this one they will go into the playoffs having dropped 2 of their last 3. I would rather see them go in on a winning streak. If I was Garrett think I would be all in on winning this one and take my chances on injuries.

While I would rather see a 10-6 record, I don't see us progressing very far in the playoffs.  Since we don't have a first round draft choice this draft is only going to be low.  I say play the starters for a half, and then sit them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If the Cowboys had a bye week the first week of the playoffs, I would 100% agree. 

But Smith and Martin on the offensive line need a week off. Elliott doesn’t need too many touches(he has had a bunch this year). If Dak plays, no read options and he must be told to hit the ground instead of busting tackles. 

The young linebackers play extremely hard - they need to play no more than half the snaps. 

I agree Zeke has the rushing title, unless Gurley rushes for 200+ yards.  He's got that in the bag even if he just plays a quarter.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cowboys are light years better than the Giants, but this is a game they don't really need to win although a win going in to the playoffs would be nice. I think the Cowboys coast and lose 20-17. As long as everyone stays healthy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure the Gnats wanna win now. Prolly want the highest draft pick possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure the best way to approach this one. you can say we are going to treat it like a meaningful game but the players know it has no meaning and their heart is not in it. love having the division wrapped up but would rather be scratching and clawing to get a playoff spot and go in on a roll. I'd say just try to get through it healthy. Seattle is going to be a handful but at least Dallas is at home. that will help some

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

not sure the best way to approach this one. you can say we are going to treat it like a meaningful game but the players know it has no meaning and their heart is not in it. love having the division wrapped up but would rather be scratching and clawing to get a playoff spot and go in on a roll. I'd say just try to get through it healthy. Seattle is going to be a handful but at least Dallas is at home. that will help some

It's not a 100% yet if Dallas will be playing Seattle. A win or a loss by the Vikings will lock Seahawks in at No. 5. But a loss, combined with a Vikings victory, would put the Seahawks at #No. 6. Cowboys would then be playing Minnesota instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crawford said:

It's not a 100% yet if Dallas will be playing Seattle. A win or a loss by the Vikings will lock Seahawks in at No. 5. But a loss, combined with a Vikings victory, would put the Seahawks at #No. 6. Cowboys would then be playing Minnesota instead.

yeah but I don't see Seattle losing at home to the Cards and Minn will have their hands full with Chicago. I would prefer Minn

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClawNAntler said:

Here’s another scenario. Seattle and Minn lose and Philly wins. Minn is out and Philly is in. Philly and Seattle will have the same record. Who wins the tie breaker?

Seattle would win with a better conference record.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 7:33 AM, ClawNAntler said:

Seattle is going to be a handful but at least Dallas is at home. that will help some

AT&T might be "The Palace in Dallas" but it has not been much of a home field advantage. Idk what the Cowboys record is at home since JerryWorld opened but I bet it is not much over .500.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maher kicks 62 and 59 yd fgs, but can't kick a short 34 yd fg again. smh

Link to post
Share on other sites

No score in the first qtr, but Cowboys defense get 2 interceptions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

TOUCHDOWN!!

7-0 Cowboys 2nd

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crawford said:

TOUCHDOWN!!

7-0 Cowboys 2nd

Finally 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two for two so far in the red zone.

14-0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they're saying the second int was a fumble. Oh well, I'll take it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...