2018 Airing of Grievances

Mavchamp

Tell us something that ticked you off this past football season.

A bad call by a ref (or was it?)
Boneheaded mistakes
Bad beats
Bad behavior
Questionable play calls

Remain civil.  Would be great to see some senses of humor used.

Aaaaaannnndddddd go!

Watergate meetings that lasted for 2-3 mins to get a simple call right (in which some were still wrong) 

Saw more unsportsmanlike/personal foul penalties called this yr way more than usual. (Which didn't tick me off at all) 

Rude folks behind the counter at concessions.

And lastly: too many damn ppl walking up and down the stands instead of watching the game. 

1.  Getting called trash by Lee fans.  Then proceeding to thrash them.   That was fun.  Let’s do it again in 2019.   Then replace Lee game with Lufkin.  

2.  Longview.  The series should have been suspended after the 2015 game.  Lmao.  But seriously.  End this.  There’s no point anymore.  

3.  Still not sure about that penalty that called back a TD Vs Carthage.   

4.  So much stupid rain.

5.  Whitehouse ISD Twitter and most of their fans on Twitter that spelled Marshall with only one L.  So we gave them an L to help them out.  

6.  Kick the freaking PAT.  Force OT 🙄

7.  How about a freaking PI call????  

8.  Rude parking lot cops at Waco ISD Stadium.  Cool your jets Barney Fyffe.  We are moving.

9.  Huntsville got the most foul mouthed, XXX rated, filthy talking, rude, and completely outrageous twitter folk I’ve experienced in six years of twittering.   They should be so proud. 

10.  Coaching changes.  It’s a thing.  #shade 

11.  Radio guy getting the # of wins wrong. Every. week.   Don’t even get me started on how off he was about the current district win streak, home playoff game history, playoff history, and other statistical errors.    

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I think I got shorted on my cheese with my Nachos in Lindale. 

And whoever decided that a sno come stand was a good idea for home games deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. 

Charlie snoballs in kilgore was at all the sabine home games. 

The inability for those with stripes to understand what constitutes Pass Interference or Not Pass Interference.

I know it's hard cause I've been there ... So I would be happy if it was just consistent - if not across the board - at least by the same guy in the same game.

53 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

10-1 defense with 11 men in the box.  I just can't,  I just can't .

Spend some time studying it ... you may still not like it ...

but at least you might understand its history, philosophy, and why DC's might be drawn to it.

BTW - Merry Christmas from Tomato Bowl Land

49 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Watched a lot of videos on YouTube about it.  

Thoughts .... questions ... commentary sequence?

While I've seen blurbs on YouTube, I've never seen a full blown teaching video.

Closest I found was on Glazier Clinics pay site ... the rest on web is just Pee Wee football versions that they call a 10-1, but is really a Gap 8

The version you saw was based mostly on G.A. Moore's 10-1 - similar to Argyle and Celina (although I see often more variations in the latter)

The newer version (not really new though) is through Bill Arnsparger, long time NFL coach and innovator of the Zone Blitz Package ... I still see remnants of it but not much of the entire version ... The closest I have seen of the full version is Kennendale about 8 years ago.  And that may have been just my interpretation of what I saw.

arns.jpg

The use of the poop emoji with added ability to effect someone's cred rating. That still bothers me on many fronts, maybe just simple thumbs up or down would be better. IMHO JJ had a valid point in some ways. Chain out... Merry Christmas guys, ima go hug my kiddos, I feel a little more blessed this year.. Lol 

• Like 4
  • Stinks 1

37 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

They lost one in the rain. 

True ... Some teams are "mudders" and can deal with it ... some not so much ... watched one team in district consistently struggle with muddy turf ...

BTW Hemphill's field was the worst I have seen at taking moisture in many years ... and it didn't even rain a drop during the game; can't imagine what it would have been like if it had.

hemp.jpg

38 minutes ago, DOB said:

True ... Some teams are "mudders" and can deal with it ... some not so much ... watched one team in district consistently struggle with muddy turf ...

BTW Hemphill's field was the worst I have seen at taking moisture in many years ... and it didn't even rain a drop during the game; can't imagine what it would have been like if it had.

hemp.jpg

I don’t see where weather or field conditions played a role in either of our 3 losses, or any of our 9 wins. We moved the football well on Garrison at times. We needed to play a near perfect game there, and fell far short of it. The Timpson game was just an overall bad effort on our part, combined with a great game plan and a great team effort by them. I believe turnovers were about even. Their kids just outplayed us. I’m thinking that the fact that our kids had never seen us even allow Timpson to play us close (they last beat us in 1999) caused our kids to not take them seriously, and we paid for it. Anyone that saw the Carlisle game knows that our offense played beyond well enough to win. We just couldn’t find an answer for Gerald Turner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DOB said:

Got that right ... do you think the Blue benefited from it on grass turfs due to the offensive system?

I know the school that I am employed by probably finished with 2-3 less wins because of field conditions. 

It’s hard to throw the ball in a mud hole.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greezychef said:

What the mess you talking about G. That shtuff would be best gameplan. If you got 3 runstoppers 2 Charles Haley types an a couple Clay Matthews, Ted Bruski types but most important you needs at least 4 Richard Sherman/Deon Sanders type boys. TrueStorie

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I know the school that I am employed by probably finished with 2-3 less wins because of field conditions. 

It’s hard to throw the ball in a mud hole.

The team pictured above was 1-3 in the mud ... 

5 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Don't put 11 offensive players in the box and they won't?/ can't? 

And I've been on one of the "original" 10-1 staffs. For the 10-1 special most are actually running now, there are a few key coaching points some obviously missed on their youtube videos they watched. Lol.