All Time WinningTexas High School Football Program In The State Of Texas

powerlifter

16 hours ago, powerlifter said:

they are saying In just a short time span of 30 years  Dan hooks a hall of famer coach with two state rings and there coach now Thompson  who has two by himself and over 100 wins in less than 5 seasons are something like that 

The most games a team can play in a season in Texas is 16. If they went unbeaten for 5 consecutive years, that would add up to 80 wins and 5 championships. Someone is using common core math. 

• LOL! 2

10 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

Have them get back to us, when WOS has played for more than a century and has played well over 600 games.  Until then, they are just a flash in the pan.

Lol. WO-S is currently 406-98-3 with an 80.4% winning percentage. We’ve played over 500 games and won 406 games from 1977-2018. It took Gilmer from 1914-1990 to hit #406. We could go 0-300 over the next 30 years and still have an overall winning record. We’ve also made 8 state finals with 4 titles in the same 42 seasons. How many do you have in the past 105?

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, WOS87 said:

Lol. WO-S is currently 406-98-3 with an 80.4% winning percentage. We’ve played over 500 games and won 406 games from 1977-2018. It took Gilmer from 1914-1990 to hit #406. We could go 0-300 over the next 30 years and still have an overall winning record. We’ve also made 8 state finals with 4 titles in the same 42 seasons. How many do you have in the past 105?

mart is well over 760 wins and 11 title appearance. 7 titles. 

• Thanks 1

The first time

2 hours ago, WOS87 said:

There ya go. Stats thru the end of 2018 from the hall of fame statman himself Joe Lee Smith.

AFBF1B6A-00F2-4CB4-86E5-FA6ABC811272.jpeg

The first time I ever saw this list was over 20 years ago.  Garrison was #18 back then, now #31 ... that's winning over 2/3 of your football games throughout team history ... not too shabby when you consider there are well over 1,200 public schools in the State of Texas ...

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The first time

The first time I ever saw this list was over 20 years ago.  Garrison was #18 back then, now #31 ... that's winning over 2/3 of your football games throughout team history ... not too shabby when you consider there are well over 1,200 public schools in the State of Texas ...

A few years back I was blessed to meet a man in Garrison named Tom Martin. He was 102 years old at the time and he told me he was on the first ever Garrison Bulldogs football team back in the 1920's. He has since passed on but I really enjoyed him taking the time to tell me several of his stories from the past.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:31 AM, KirtFalcon said:

The first time

Still way to go Bulldogs.