šŸŗ LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! šŸ† UNDEFEATED: 16-0!

LoboFan07

I wake up this morning reflecting on this journey.

I make no mistake in thinking that we are spoiled here at Lobo Nation with winning, even if we never got it done in recent time with the final game.

But some of the losses weā€™ve had to endure have made this one win so much sweeter. From the Lufkin loss in 04, to the unbelievable South Garland loss in 03 and 05, the blocked field goal loss to Garland in 06, the blow out loss to Pflugerville and Lake Travis in 07 & 08. The close LT loss in 09. The blocked punt loss to Guyer in 2010...to the three straight Regional Final losses in 11-12-13. The 2015 field goal miss vs Lake Ridge at AT&T. Of course the last two losses against West Brook in 16 and Modway in 17 on missed field goals, the 2017 one that never shouldā€™ve happened. Losing the last four years on field goals, and 6 times in the last 14 years. Itā€™s been an absolute journey to this point.

Iā€™ve had the special privilege of sitting with WP4L, 73, 84 and jbabi for the last 5 or 6 years, and itā€™s been an absolute pleasure going on this journey with you four and your families.Ā 

This experience, last night, will never be forgotten and will be absolute cherished for the rest of my life. Weā€™ve had so much heart break the last 81 years, even though I didnā€™t get to experience the 67 loss to Richardson, or the 75 loss to Permian, or the 86 loss to Plano....amongst the many others of the years, they all built up accumulating to last night.Ā 

In a game we played horrible in for 3.5 quarters. A game we usually find a way to lose and gave every bit of that old Lobo spirit....they found a way to bring it home. LOBO UP WEā€™RE STATE CHAMPS!!!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I make no mistake in thinking that we are spoiled here at Lobo Nation with winning, even if we never got it done in recent time with the final game.

But some of the losses weā€™ve had to endure have made this one win so much sweeter. From the Lufkin loss in 04, to the unbelievable South Garland loss in 03 and 05, the blocked field goal loss to Garland in 06, the blow out loss to Pflugerville and Lake Travis in 07 & 08. The close LT loss in 09. The blocked punt loss to Guyer in 2010...to the three straight Regional Final losses in 11-12-13. The 2015 field goal miss vs Lake Ridge at AT&T. Of course the last two losses against West Brook in 16 and Modway in 17 on missed field goals, the 2017 one that never shouldā€™ve happened. Losing the last four years on field goals, and 6 times in the last 14 years. Itā€™s been an absolute journey to this point.

Iā€™ve had the special privilege of sitting with WP4L, 73, 84 and jbabi for the last 5 or 6 years, and itā€™s been an absolute pleasure going on this journey with you four and your families.Ā 

This experience, last night, will never be forgotten and will be absolute cherished for the rest of my life. Weā€™ve had so much heart break the last 81 years, even though I didnā€™t get to experience the 67 loss to Richardson, or the 75 loss to Permian, or the 86 loss to Plano....amongst the many others of the years, they all built up accumulating to last night.Ā 

In a game we played horrible in for 3.5 quarters. A game we usually find a way to lose and gave every bit of that old Lobo spirit....they found a way to bring it home. LOBO UP WEā€™RE STATE CHAMPS!!!

Well said... It was a very great & hard fought win for this team that never quit. Congrats to all Lobo players, fans & to Coach King for finally breaking the 81 year drought & Winning The Second TXHSFB Crown! Great Job, Longview; All of East Texas is celebrating with youā€™šŸ‘ŒšŸ†šŸˆšŸ‘‘šŸŽ‰ Merry Christmas!

I was at the 86 Plano loss after watching our boys beat Highland Park at Texas Stadium the week before. Ā So many examples like that. Temple at Pennington Field. Ect ect ect. Ā We were down and my brother said weā€™re going to lose, I told him no weā€™re not, not this year. Ā Haynes King cemented himself as the Texas AP HS Football Player of the year last night. Ā  What a great young man. No beating his chest, no I did this, no boasting or bragging. Ā Just a humble, touched boy crying with his dad, for his dad, for his team and for his Lobo Nation for all the Longview supporters. We are blessed to have him and John King!!!!! Ā Ā 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GOLEE said:

I told a group I had over for the game ; that there is a thing called destiny that is attaching itself to this team. There is no way the football Gods is going to let John King cap off his career without a State Championship. Somehow, someway they will win.Ā 

The greatest part of all of it was his son was the trigger man to get it done.

Itā€™s like all theses years of knocking inĀ the door, Ā weā€™re waiting on this moment in time.Ā 

Ā 

11 years in making.. came true I remember seeing Haynes throw bombs as a kid on the side lines pre game I said he will be our qb one day and help bring us that title. Sure enough 11years later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Yeah. I am a believer in King now. LMAO! And, I was elusive enough to dodge the City of Arlington, Texas police department and a disorderly conduct plus an obstruction of traffic charge for blaring my music, jumping up and down on the roof of my vehicle, holding up traffic at the exit of parking lot BLUE 11 while screaming to the top of my lungs. If the City of Arlington, TexasĀ police had've been on bicycles, they definitely would have caught me. But, I seen the squad cars pull up and I hurried up and got in "act right"Ā mode.Ā 

Lol, good stuff Quick. We gotta meet up over adult beverages one of these days.Ā  šŸ‘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Not even a question.Ā 

By far the best team we have ever fielded.Ā 

Statistically and with the "eye test." Not to mention heart. I'm still blown away by it...Ā 

I was there on the sideline, and I watched West Brook lead almost the entire game. The team didn't lose composure, they didn't get down on themselves, they just went back to work like men. And when the opportunity presented itself, they made it happen.Ā They're champions inside and out. It's pretty awe-inspiring to see in young people.

I don't know how many of them are gonna play college ball, but I believe all of them are going to accomplish great things in their lives. So much heart, soul, and courage. They got the dog in them.Ā Ā 

44 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

I was at the 86 Plano loss after watching our boys beat Highland Park at Texas Stadium the week before. Ā So many examples like that. Temple at Pennington Field. Ect ect ect. Ā We were down and my brother said weā€™re going to lose, I told him no weā€™re not, not this year. Ā Haynes King cemented himself as the Texas AP HS Football Player of the year last night. Ā  What a great young man. No beating his chest, no I did this, no boasting or bragging. Ā Just a humble, touched boy crying with his dad, for his dad, for his team and for his Lobo Nation for all the Longview supporters. We are blessed to have him and John King!!!!! Ā Ā 

And we have him for another year oh man!Ā  Did he spread the Ball around last night perry mainly.Ā  But also other guys as well

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Good stuff, LoboFan...Ā  and mad props for all the "pro bono" work you do for the Lobos. šŸ‘

5 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Wow! Way to go Lobos, Fox said over 50,000 fans watching. It looked like the Longview side was full. Was there anybody left in East Texas. I was pulling so hard for the Lobos you would have thought my Dawgs were playing.Ā 

Congrats Lobos and Lobo nation.Ā 

Same here man! This Joaquin fella was in the middle of the Longview section with a white towellĀ going and yelling my head off! Ā I am hoarse today but man what an atmosphere! That was my 5th Longview game this year and have to say that I have fallen in love with the Longview Communities support for the Lobos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, AKA said:

I'm a hipster who prefers the dark artisanalĀ stuff, but I'll settle for a Shiner or Guinness. :DĀ 

Lol. I had a friend who was a hipster from about 20 years ago that LOVED that Guinness by the pitcher. YUCK! Man, that's about the equivalent of drinking Quaker-State Motor Oil. He left for Wyoming back in 2002.

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

11 years in making.. came true I remember seeing Haynes throw bombs as a kid on the side lines pre game I said he will be our qb one day and help bring us that title. Sure enough 11years later.

I said the same thing. Ā Walking the sidelines and throwing passes as a little boy. You know his heart broke each time he witnessed his dad after all the heartbreaking losses. Ā He gave his dad the best Christmas dinner ever. Ā 

• Like 2

Just now, 85lobooldschool said:

Thank you to all of East Teaxas for supporting the Lobos. I saw John Tyler shirts covered with great jackets and sweaters. Ā  Many other examples. Ā East Texas is a great place to live and plays some of the best football in Texas. Ā 

I saw lufkin shirts as well and also talked to many others from different areas. Awesome experience.Ā 

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Yeah. I am a believer in King now. LMAO! And, I was elusive enough to dodge the City of Arlington, Texas police department and a disorderly conduct plus an obstruction of traffic charge for blaring my music, jumping up and down on the roof of my vehicle, holding up traffic at the exit of parking lot BLUE 11 while screaming to the top of my lungs. If the City of Arlington, TexasĀ police had've been on bicycles, they definitely would have caught me. But, I seen the squad cars pull up and I hurried up and got in "act right"Ā mode.Ā 

Ahahaha awesome! I know how sweet it is for you! Enjoy it!

40 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I have never seen a team come up with more 4th quarter turnovers than Longview. Every year when the game is on the line they come up with a late turnover. And how about that 4th quarter field goal? That was huge.Ā 

This, so hard. Call it Lobo Magic or a blessing of the "football gods," but that's been the case most of the season. There have been situations where it looked like the momentum was against them, and a loss was inevitable...Ā  and then out of nowhere we get a big play on defense and a turnover.Ā 

2018 was a true storybook season.Ā 

• Mr. P changed the title to šŸŗ LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! šŸ† UNDEFEATED: 16-0!