🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!

LoboFan07

7 minutes ago, Quick said:

Wolver. Dude, if there was ever an insider of Lobo football, I would put my hard earned money that you may be related to King family in some way,  shape, form or fashion. Dude, these pictures are awesome. That Lobo team in the background is my little brother's team. How in the hell you gain access to pics like this is beyond me. Hell, Haynes had more green in his blood than most Lobo alumni and that includes myself, of course.

Pretty sure it was in the paper lol

Also I think I see Boom (James Stephens)... Your brother's team was 01-02 era? One time in practice on the scout team Boom hit me so hard I thought I cracked 4 ribs. Never felt hit that hard before.

• Like 1

Now that we have had time to let this settle in...  Is King average or worse on the run?  Some of his roll out passes in the 1st half were awful.  I have no doubt he is a good QB, but if i saw a weakness in his game, it was the under 10 roll out passes.

I also still noticed the strength of the Lobo run game.  Kudos to West Brook D for flying to the ball...  If they were just a tad bit slower, the Lobo RB would have had several runs of 20+ on the Off-Tackle run to the left.  

21 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Now that we have had time to let this settle in...  Is King average or worse on the run?  Some of his roll out passes in the 1st half were awful.  I have no doubt he is a good QB, but if i saw a weakness in his game, it was the under 10 roll out passes.

I also still noticed the strength of the Lobo run game.  Kudos to West Brook D for flying to the ball...  If they were just a tad bit slower, the Lobo RB would have had several runs of 20+ on the Off-Tackle run to the left.  

Looked a lot like Westfield when it came to closing speed and shutting down the run. 

King is good at short passes on the run, he just seemed off that first half. The commentators mentioned the depth of the stadium affecting both QBs. I wonder if that were true. I definitely feel like something was off.

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Wolver. Dude, if there was ever an insider of Lobo football, I would put my hard earned money that you may be related to King family in some way,  shape, form or fashion. Dude, these pictures are awesome. That Lobo team in the background is my little brother's team. How in the hell you gain access to pics like this is beyond me. Hell, Haynes had more green in his blood than most Lobo alumni and that includes myself, of course.

I just copied this story from local paper and photos from the story for those don't have  subscription to the paper 

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Eh. I've seen him hit those in his sleep both last year and throughout the season this year. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WolverBean said:

That moment was  years in the making , back when Haynes was ball boy on the side lines throwing dimes at 8 years old , I looked to my friend next to me,and said he will be our qb one day and help bring us win state , fast forward bam!

That’s awesome!!

12 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Pretty sure it was in the paper lol

Also I think I see Boom (James Stephens)... Your brother's team was 01-02 era? One time in practice on the scout team Boom hit me so hard I thought I cracked 4 ribs. Never felt hit that hard before.

Lol. Yeah, I have been knowing Boom since he was loading his diapers up. 

Hey null

Anyone on here know Coach King in person? Please let him know at this level competition you have got to put clipboard over your mouth while calling plays. I have a relative that works with hearing impaired and he said he picked up over 40 percent of the plays Coach called during the game Saturday  !!!!!!!!!

What a ball game this was! Holy smokes did Longview fill up AT&T or what?? First 3 levels were full! It was an incredible atmosphere to say the least! 

King played a heck of a game! He missed some early passes that would have probably put Longview up a couple, but at this level you can't expect them to hit them all, especially with all that's on the line. When it came down to it though, he was a real baller! I enjoyed this game as much or more than any of them! Awesome job Lobos! I hope to see you guys back next season!

15 hours ago, Quick said:

Those pics were in the article that was copied and pasted...they are LNJ photos taken by Les Hassell

• Like 1

There's absolutely nothing that feels like that first state championship.  I know it's not the "first", but it sure feels like it for most Lobo fans.  It's always tough to get that monkey off the back, so to speak, especially after coming up empty in the last three attempts.  Now that it's done, enjoy it, savor it, and know how good it feels to say, "Longview Lobos, 2018 6A Division 2 State Champions!"  Let's hope to get another one next year.

59 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Those pics were in the article that was copied and pasted...they are LNJ photos taken by Les Hassell

Matt, what time is the game this Saturday between Longview vs. Galena Park North Shore??? 

I don't know why @LoboFan07 hasn't done the game thread yet! Lol. Hell, just do the game thread just because. Longview in a close one is my prediction. And, I do mean college-ruled notebook paper type close! 

• LOL! 3

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

He was off his game in the first half. I don't know if it was WB's pass rush, the pressure of playing for State, or the venue itself...  just standing down on field level I was a nervous wreck. But I've seen him hit those rollout passes all season long. The kid was definitely keyed-up early on... they all were. 

1 hour ago, 85lobooldschool said:

The Fox replay cuts out some of the key plays in the 4th quarter.  I need to buy a DVD of it.  My daughter accidentally deleted my original recordings.  

I was able to grab it from Fox Sports Go... I don't want to upload it to YouTube or anything.... But I'm sure I could find a way to get it to you. It's 6GB though lol

I also have the Vandegrift, Westfield, and Tascosa games. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I was able to grab it from Fox Sports Go... I don't want to upload it to YouTube or anything.... But I'm sure I could find a way to get it to you. It's 6GB though lol

That would be great.  Can’t wait for 07s season highlight video. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

DropBox if you have an account would be the easiest way

• Mr. P changed the title to 🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!