🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!

LoboFan07

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Longview ISD is open enrollment so I'm sure there are plenty out of East Longview going to school in Longview ISD. Makes the most sense honestly.

We've got kids from Pine Tree, Spring Hill, Hallsville, White Oak, Gladewater, Union Grove, Gilmer, Kilgore, Sabine, Marshall, Harleton, Tatum, Ore City, New Diana, and so forth. Transfers in have been on a steady increase for the better part of ten years. 

My kids go here, and I love it. The offerings and opportunities are second to none in the region. 

s9jeesk.gif

Oh, and the football team is pretty good, I guess.  :D 

• Like 1

This past season was magical, and we had a few things go our way. 

But, that said...  I also believe there are a lot of ways we can build on this success for next season, and perhaps be in a similar position again. 

Planning on a repeat? Well why the hell not?! But expecting as much? Not hardly. We're losing some tremendous players. Of course, we've got some young guys returning who are ready for their moment in the spotlight as well. But anything you get in 6A has to be earned. Come the month of August, nobody cares who did squat back in December.  

We'll start off next season with even higher expectations and pressure, and with a solid test right out the gate against Lufkin. The rest of the non-district schedule is no picnic, and then it's right into the thick of 6A district action. If I were to "expect" anything out of next season, it would be that it's not entirely unlike this past year in one major sense: Lobos vs. Everybody. Every week we're going to get the opposing team's best effort. Everyone is gonna want to be the team to take the Lobos down. 

But I like the culture the coaching staff has developed with these kids. They can take lumps and roll with punches. They don't back down. They believe in themselves and each other. They got the dog in 'em. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AKA said:

This past season was magical, and we had a few things go our way. 

But, that said...  I also believe there are a lot of ways we can build on this success for next season, and perhaps be in a similar position again. 

Planning on a repeat? Well why the hell not?! But expecting as much? Not hardly. We're losing some tremendous players. Of course, we've got some young guys returning who are ready for their moment in the spotlight as well. But anything you get in 6A has to be earned. Come the month of August, nobody cares who did squat back in December.  

We'll start off next season with even higher expectations and pressure, and with a solid test right out the gate against Lufkin. The rest of the non-district schedule is no picnic, and then it's right into the thick of 6A district action. If I were to "expect" anything out of next season, it would be that it's not entirely unlike this past year in one major sense: Lobos vs. Everybody. Every week we're going to get the opposing team's best effort. Everyone is gonna want to be the team to take the Lobos down. 

But I like the culture the coaching staff has developed with these kids. They can take lumps and roll with punches. They don't back down. They believe in themselves and each other. They got the dog in 'em. 

Speaking of non district besides Lufkin will it be same as this year? 

12 hours ago, AKA said:

We've got kids from Pine Tree, Spring Hill, Hallsville, White Oak, Gladewater, Union Grove, Gilmer, Kilgore, Sabine, Marshall, Harleton, Tatum, Ore City, New Diana, and so forth. Transfers in have been on a steady increase for the better part of ten years. 

My kids go here, and I love it. The offerings and opportunities are second to none in the region. 

s9jeesk.gif

Oh, and the football team is pretty good, I guess.  :D 

Can you please send the sabine kids back? Especially the good athletes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Can you please send the sabine kids back? Especially the good athletes. 

Lol, actually we don't get many great athletes from Sabine. Quite a few honor students, but not too many athletes.  😛 

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Big FAT L.

I did thoroughly enjoy watching Longview win state this year. The atmosphere was fantastic with so many Lobos fans packing Jerry World.

I was wrong about Coach King not being able to win a state championship and am very glad I was incorrect.

Congratulations to you and all Longview Lobos fans!

🏆

52 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

Well just made it back to Big D, made my BecKee’s stop and a lot deferent from the Lobo green to the fighting  Irish green. Lol

That was a site to see last week for sure. I'm pretty sure my coworkers didn't believe me when i said there were lines to get to the bathroom. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!