🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!

LoboFan07

On 12/30/2018 at 12:26 PM, AKA said:

Hey @ANTI and @LoboFan07...  pretend that the season starts tomorrow, who's your starters on both sides of the ball? 

Whew, I'll take a stab at it but I'll tell you this....we will reload in places that we have holes but the possibilities are so wide because of potential position changes/additions. I'll give a rough draft but it's very rough. I won't even touch the O-Line yet....I'm waiting until closer to spring to discuss them but Longview will reload there for sure. 

QB - SR Haynes King (6'3 185)
RB - JR Kaden Meredith (5'9 185)
FB - SR Kevin Jones (5'10 210)/JR Markevion Haynes (5'10 190)

WR1 - SR Kaden Kearby (6'1 170)

WR2 - JR Cedric Hopkins (6'0 170)

TE1 - SR Jhailon Braden (6'1 220)

TE2 - JR Austin Pencheon (6'0 195)

SR's Kyas Moore and JD Williams will definitely be in the mix at WR particularly in 3 and 4 WR sets. Pencheon is very Jaylin Brown like in the sense that he has really good speed and hands at the TE position which will allow him to play in the slot at time like Jaylin did.

On defense, assuming we run the 3-4 again...

DL SR Sawyer Goram-Welch (6'4 270)
DL SR Andrew Beltran (6'1 250)
DL JR Davian Reese (5'10 200)

LB JR Laqualon Hale (5'10 200)
LB SR Tyshawn Taylor (5'9 180)

S/LB JR Kybo Jackson-Jamerson (6'1 195)

S/LB SR Cedric Smith (5'11 205)

S SR Robert Pierce (5'9 165)

S JR Tyree Hale (5'10 160)

CB SR Dakirin Buchanan (6'0 175)

CB JR Ty Abney (6'0 170)

JR K/P Spencer Powell takes over at K.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Whew, I'll take a stab at it but I'll tell you this....we will reload in places that we have holes but the possibilities are so wide because of potential position changes/additions. I'll give a rough draft but it's very rough. I won't even touch the O-Line yet....I'm waiting until closer to spring to discuss them but Longview will reload there for sure. 

SR's Kyas Moore and JD Williams will definitely be in the mix at WR particularly in 3 and 4 WR sets. Pencheon is very Jaylin Brown like in the sense that he has really good speed and hands at the TE position which will allow him to play in the slot at time like Jaylin did.

CB SR Dakirin Buchanan (6'0 175)

CB JR Ty Abney (6'0 170)

Stacked! 😎😁

On 12/31/2018 at 1:16 PM, ANTI said:

CB SR Dakirin Buchanan (6'0 175).

CB JR Ty Abney (6'0 170)

how many of these guys started or played significant snaps this yr other than blowout action?

10 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

how many of these guys started or played significant snaps this yr other than blowout action?

Pretty much everyone on there except CB Abney, DB Tyree Hale, DE Reese, WR Hopkins and K/P Powell. 

Abney, Hale, Hopkins and Reese were JV standouts. Powell was a sophomore K/P on varsity but only saw significant time in blowouts. 

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Here’s the Lobos parade route:

013B26FA-080F-4428-9277-80F752E6B44A.png

That 2 block radius is going to be PACKED!!!! It will not be a single file line down the street. It will be several deep. You see how many we brought to Arlington? And now a parade that half the town has been waiting on for 81 years? YEEESSSSS!!!

GO LOBOS!!

8 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

That 2 block radius is going to be PACKED!!!! It will not be a single file line down the street. It will be several deep. You see how many we brought to Arlington? And now a parade that half the town has been waiting on for 81 years? YEEESSSSS!!!

GO LOBOS!!

It’ll be nuts, y’all enjoy the heck out of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From lisd,We have been working hard on the Lobo Championship Parade. This celebration for our #LoboFootball team will be great!

Pre-Parade Celebration starts at 5:30 p.m. at Heritage Plaza. There will be inflatable games, bounce house, DJ, food trucks, and more! 

The Champs Parade starts at 6:30 p.m. and the team is really excited to celebrate with you. We have some great Lobo Love lined up in this parade that will be celebrating this team. We will be live streaming here as well. 💚💚

FB_IMG_1546645103620.jpg

I agree completely!!!!! Pretty much a joke! Should be on s Saturday afternoon like .... hmmmmm today!!!!!!!! Warmer, bright and more can come!!!!  Doing it in the middle of the week, downtown and 630 in the dark ! Just total lack of really trying! Typical as far as political leaders! All talk!!!! 

I understand we don’t know all the details of why but for something that hasn’t happened in 81 years, having the parade on a Wednesday night downtown looks like “minimal effort” as compared to the effort the team put in to bring home this championship!

• Thanks 1

Seems like to me it would be better to do a parade/celebration at Lobo Stadium.

Band, team, drill team could circle the track.  Fans on both sides if needed.

Stage set up on the field.  Let folks give some speeches.  Video replays of big plays.

Everyone would get a seat and a good view.  Stadium lights.  Concessions.

Band could march one last time. 

Hell...the football team would probably score on Marshall again for good measure null

JMHO. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

• Mr. P changed the title to 🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!