🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!

LoboFan07

53 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Seems like to me it would be better to do a parade/celebration at Lobo Stadium.

Band, team, drill team could circle the track.  Fans on both sides if needed.

Stage set up on the field.  Let folks give some speeches.  Video replays of big plays.

Everyone would get a seat and a good view.  Stadium lights.  Concessions.

Band could march one last time. 

Hell...the football team would probably score on Marshall again for good measure null

JMHO. 

That is actually a great idea!! 

There will be events at Heritage Plaza before and after the parade. Bounce houses, face painting, free food and other festival-type attractions.

The parade will feature 30+ floats of various student, fan, and civic organizations. The event will be live-streamed by multiple news outlets.

Wednesday was literally the only day of the week the event could have occurred in order to ensure that all pertinent student groups could participate. Not Friday. Not Saturday. Not Sunday. Not Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday either. This decision was made in the interests of the students first and foremost. The decision was made between City of Longview and LISD administrative staff. Paid staff (city and school) made the call. No elected officials were involved.

Could we, maybe, just for once, put down the pitchforks, and put the focus on the kids, and what's best for them? Please? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AKA said:

There will be events at Heritage Plaza before and after the parade. Bounce houses, face painting, free food and other festival-type attractions.

The parade will feature 30+ floats of various student, fan, and civic organizations. The event will be live-streamed by multiple news outlets.

Wednesday was literally the only day of the week the event could have occurred in order to ensure that all pertinent student groups could participate. Not Friday. Not Saturday. Not Sunday. Not Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday either. This decision was made in the interests of the students first and foremost. The decision was made between City of Longview and LISD administrative staff. Paid staff (city and school) made the call. No elected officials were involved.

Could we, maybe, just for once, put down the pitchforks, and put the focus on the kids, and what's best for them? Please? 

I hear ya..  but there are times and have been times when “the decisions are not in the best interest of the students”. 

Let’s party!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

I hear ya..  but there are times and have been times when “the decisions are not in the best interest of the students”. 

Sure, I understand that. Nobody's perfect. I'm not even saying I'm glad it's on Wednesday (I'm not). Just because I'm a team player doesn't mean I always agree with the plays that are called.  ;) 

But it's not about me. It's about these kids. I just want to support and celebrate their accomplishment. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Sure, I understand that. Nobody's perfect. I'm not even saying I'm glad it's on Wednesday (I'm not). Just because I'm a team player doesn't mean I always agree with the plays that are called.  ;) 

But it's not about me. It's about these kids. I just want to support and celebrate their accomplishment. 

Will there be an autograph signing session at all? If I take off work and come, I'm gonna want my copy of the LNJ signed by all the players lmao

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, AKA said:

YES SIR!!!  Like I said,  I understand. You know how I feel about the kids, all my spare time and not so spare time has been devoted to the Lobo Band!

• Like 1

In terms of QB-WR, you won't find one. Heck, you won't find a better QB OR WR. For a century Longview was a power running team. The two of them played a combined 31 games in the last 2 seasons (that alone is crazy!) In this pro-style offense, Malcolm Kelly would have done extremely well. 

Now, Vondrell McGee + Chris Ivory was an insane duo. I dunno how many yards they combined for in 2004, but it had to have been close to 3500, and in only 13 games. 

42 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

In terms of QB-WR, you won't find one. Heck, you won't find a better QB OR WR. For a century Longview was a power running team. The two of them played a combined 31 games in the last 2 seasons (that alone is crazy!) In this pro-style offense, Malcolm Kelly would have done extremely well. 

Now, Vondrell McGee + Chris Ivory was an insane duo. I dunno how many yards they combined for in 2004, but it had to have been close to 3500, and in only 13 games. 

And to think Malcolm held the record for a while and he didn't have a D1 qb throwing to him.

55 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

And to think Malcolm held the record for a while and he didn't have a D1 qb throwing to him.

Eric Hawkins had the record at 994 (I think). Kamden doubled that pretty much lol

We may not ever see anyone break Kamden's record but I bet Kearby gets a high number next year if he stays healthy.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!