🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!

LoboFan07

19 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Anyone hear anything about when the state banner will be put up when You come into town 

Working on it...   I'm sure as soon as something is decided officially, it'll be blasted all over social media.   :D 

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Working on it...   I'm sure as soon as something is decided officially, it'll be blasted all over social media.   :D 

Word on the street is that President Trump donated a huge, high definition banner to the City of Longview as well as a gold statue of John King, but that Andy Mack vetoed it and had the gold melted down for the city's treasury. 😂

Nah, I can't wait to drive into Longview and see a "HOME OF THE 2018 AAAAAA STATE CHAMPION LOBOS". I always hated driving through Alto, Kilgore, and other smaller cities and seeing, "Home of the XXXX State Champions!" knowing that we didn't have one. 

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

27 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Word on the street is that President Trump donated a huge, high definition banner to the City of Longview as well as a gold statue of John King, but that Andy Mack vetoed it and had the gold melted down for the city's treasury.  

I can neither confirm or deny that a bronze sculpture of King is in the works...  or that it will be featured near the entrance of our new $8.9 billion football stadium. 

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

$8.9 billion stadium, huh?

Kyle Field's Renovations cost us roughly $515 million. For some reason, I doubt we're getting an $8.9 billion stadium

Ah, right, of course, how silly of me. A minor typo...  it's going to be an $8.9 trillion stadium. 

Lol, $8.9 billion...  that's funny. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, AKA said:

I can neither confirm or deny that a bronze sculpture of King is in the works...  or that it will be featured near the entrance of our new $8.9 billion football stadium. 

I heard the number was 10.8 billion. Because of the additional billboard sized "John King Field at Lobo Stadium" sign going up at the entrance brought to you by the made rite company

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

15 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Insider: Tennessee latest to offer Lobo QB King makes 4 sec schools now ,still waiting for that one sec team to offer I see..

Won't be long 'til LSU gets around to offering...  won't be long now...  

5 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Longview DL Sawyer Goram-Welch picked up his second offer on Wednesday. 

It's going to be a busy spring recruitment-wise for the rising 2020 prospect.

He's still really raw. Tons of upside. Big frame. Smart and very coachable. An excellent prospect. 

On 1/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, AKA said:

That’s all well and good. I want to see it in Lobo Stadium along with all of the other accomplishments. 2x state champs, 3xstate finalist, etc......

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

That’s all well and good. I want to see it in Lobo Stadium along with all of the other accomplishments. 2x state champs, 3xstate finalist, etc......

Same. I want something along similar lines to Permian's sign: 

63o6s3w.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=2a694219-83e2-4c82-b051-edbdd94f802a

Maxprep listed their top 100 under ranked players for 2019 perry on list 

Explosive target recorded the third-most receiving yards among all seniors nationally (1,896) in leading undefeated Longview to a 6A D2 state championship. It was the school's first state title in 81 years

3rd most!  Receiving yards in nation Shake my head  some college is going to get a steal  kid can ball

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Same. I want something along similar lines to Permian's sign: 

63o6s3w.jpg

I never understood why we didn't have something similar to this. Yes it would take some keeping up each and every year, and clearly we get a little lazy in Longview with our tunnel not being updated in god knows how long, but still. This program should have something like this at Lobo Stadium IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

Lobos.... plus new turf and indoor facility... why not?????for God sakes sulphur spring springs has a 100 yard indoor facility! What’s the hold up????

Even little ole 4a have them that you talk down to heck Tatum got one LoL. As for the Premier 6a that absolutely inexcusable

Edited by lion70

• Mr. P changed the title to 🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!