🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!

LoboFan07

Add another award for Haynes. Man we blessed to have the kids another year..

Haynes was selected as Player of the Year out of 11 finalists and were selected on a weekly basis throughout the season. Haynes King was honored after his performance in Longview’s Week 2 win over Marshall, a five-touchdown night for the junior.

Screenshot_20190124-232853.png

5c4a9979221f1.image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lion70 said:

I agree but you , Wolfie, and 07 and others earned the #1 fan . I see no reason why you couldn't support through. I get your point of view through.

Nah.

Those players earned the rings on the field and it should be for them and them only IMO. 

Fans have the memories from the stands, the rally towels given out, etc etc etc so many other things could be done for fans, but a ring is not one of them IMO.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nah.

Those players earned the rings on the field and it should be for them and them only IMO. 

Fans have the memories from the stands, the rally towels given out, etc etc etc so many other things could be done for fans, but a ring is not one of them IMO.

Exactly. I'm sure those are nothing like what the players will get... But still. The idea of getting "a ring" is reserved for them. I like things like the special LNJ cover and whatnot to frame instead.

• Thanks 1

They keep on coming 

And  another award!

King named 6A Built Ford Tough Player of Year

The honor came just two days after the Lobo standout took home top honors at the seventh annual American State Bank Player of the Year Banquet in Bullard on Thursday.

Guess only thing left to prove his the goat of lhs is to lead us  back 2 back tiles.

10 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Guess only thing left to prove his the goat of lhs is to lead us  back 2 back tiles.

2019 is gonna be another deep playoff run year but HK has already proven his goat status.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Keep in mind we have snapshot coming up in October for realignment February 2020.

Longview was at 2,276 in October 2018. Not sure if that was with or without LEAD.

I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be able to exempt them. For same reasons as last go-round.   

But numbers-wise I'd estimate we're around 2,250 (2,100 at LHS and 150 at Early Grad H.S.) right now. We've got a pretty big middle school cohort coming up though. 

Just now, AKA said:

I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be able to exempt them. For same reasons as last go-round.   

Oh yeah for sure, we definitely can't exempt em.

I was saying that I wasn't sure if that 2,276 # was LHS + LEAD or just LHS. Believe it's LHS + LEAD though.

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Oh yeah for sure, we definitely can't exempt em.

I was saying that I wasn't sure if that 2,276 # was LHS + LEAD or just LHS. Believe it's LHS + LEAD though.

Yep, that was the source of the miscommunication last time. Someone gave us bad info on the LEAD kids's status.  ;) 

26 minutes ago, Oldetexfan said:

Would the Charter School discussions affect our numbers?

Not based on my reading of the requirements. The only way we can cut those numbers is if we have a campus that's 100% an "early college" program. There's no half-stepping charter or vocational or early graduation program that can get around it. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 🐺 LONGVIEW LOBOS: CLASS 6A (D-II) STATE CHAMPIONS! 🏆 UNDEFEATED: 16-0!