Interview question

Destry

12 hours ago, spanky said:

Not necessarily a question but you need to know that you're gonna be able to do your job.  Admin is gonna support you & give you what you need to be successful. No point in taking the job if you're being set up for failure 

How do you feel about community members being on interview committee if school uses one?

21 hours ago, Destry said:

When you interview for ad/hc job what is the one question that you are asked that makes you feel good about that school, supt,board, and general situation for which you are applying? Other than "when can you start,we want you."

What would make me feel good would be if the Supt. said : " We are hoping that since Studley Hungwell can chunk that football 86 yards in a string an knock a can of soup off a Gatorade jug, and Ol Tooky can run a 4.3 forty through traffic, and they aren't necessarily the best players in this team, maybe we gots a shot at a title this year. If not maybe the next four seasons cause thayze just freshman's." That'd make me feel the best if they said that right there!

34 minutes ago, Doomer said:

What would make me feel good would be if the Supt. said : " We are hoping that since Studley Hungwell can chunk that football 86 yards in a string an knock a can of soup off a Gatorade jug, and Ol Tooky can run a 4.3 forty through traffic, and they aren't necessarily the best players in this team, maybe we gots a shot at a title this year. If not maybe the next four seasons cause thayze just freshman's." That'd make me feel the best if they said that right there!

What if the supt said he and the 7 board members all had sons but none of them are very good, so where u gonna a play them?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

That would be a lie because we all know that admin and board members kids are all great athletes!

Yep, yep, yep text book way to farm up the old bluechip-dream team. Go after the admin offspring! TrueStorie

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 5:01 PM, Destry said:

When you interview for ad/hc job what is the one question that you are asked that makes you feel good about that school, supt,board, and general situation for which you are applying? Other than "when can you start,we want you."

"We like what we've seen you doing at your current job.  Do you think you're as ready for the HC job at Highland Park as we do?"

• Thanks 1

The best way to feel good about it is if the supt has texted or emailed you and said "the job is your's, the interview is a dog and pony show".  That way you've got it in writing.

You can feel good all you want but the dog running the committee is the one in charge of making the decisions.  If you don't in some way have a connection to said person the road is tough to hoe.

I know there's always exceptions to the rules but this is what I've seen as a norm.  I don't like committees because you typically have the 1 or 2 who don't really have any investment in the program that feel like they're word means something.  I had a friend interview one time that had 13 people in the committee and all but 1 of them asked questions that had anything to do with athletics.