Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

9-4 record, 2nd place in the SEC West, win over LSU, Gator Bowl win, currently the 3rd ranked recruiting class in the country.....Not a bad first year in the Jimbo Fisher Era. We saw the groundwork be put in place for Jimbo to have success here. Maybe even $75m worth of success. This year’s senior class deserves to go down in Aggie lore for what they helped accomplish. Three, four years of being called soft. They changed that this year. Trayveon Williams deserves to go down as one of the very best players in A&M history. Cullen Gillaspia is the #12 man. Keke, Mack, Wilson, Alaka. They did their part in bringing back a very “Wrecking Crew-ish” defense. Jimbo has a heck of a staff working with him. 2018 was fun. Can’t wait to see what 2019 brings.

They should have a chance to establish themselves in the national picture. Don’t they go to Clemson early in the season? If they can pick up a win there they should rocket up the polls. Plus, they get BAMA at Kyle Field. Can you imagine that place if both teams come in unbeaten? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I'm thinking a NY6 bowl should be the goal. And that's not sticking my neck out either.

That's going to be the expectation.  However, I still think next season they will have less talent than LSU and Bama... but we saw their heart vs LSU, and with the team getting even better next year that talent gap won't afford LSU a shot in OT with bad execution again.  

I don't know who the cross-conference foes or non-conference foes for A&M is for next year... can someone post the sked?

Next years schedule is of the toughest any team has played in a few years. Road games at Clemson, Georgia and LSU. Bama and Auburn at home. 

A&M will be better next season, but still struggle to get to 9-3 because of the road games and Bama. That being said, I do expect A&M to be a better team next year. Offense will be much better. The offensive line grows every game and another offseason for the receivers and mond will be big. 

My ealry prediction is 9-3. They will beat one of clemson, Georgia or Bama on the road, but lose to the other 2 and Bama. 

1 hour ago, justafan903 said:

South Carolina at Kyle, Georgia in Athens, LSU at Death Valley. How they end the season next year. 

Basic deduction would put them at a 9-3 prediction.  But they might punch UGA or LSU in the mouth I’d the defense continues to

impro 

Im no A&M fan and probably never will be but I like Jimbo Fisher a lot. I thought his contract was obscene but I have changed my mind (Admitted I was wrong lol) about that. In todays college football arms race $75 million guaranteed is not excessive for a top coach as long as he produces. In just one season Fisher changed the culture at A&M and morphed them from a Big 12 team playing in the SEC... to an actual SEC team. I dont know how far he will ultimately take them but the next few seasons will be interesting.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Next years schedule is of the toughest any team has played in a few years. Road games at Clemson, Georgia and LSU. Bama and Auburn at home. 

A&M will be better next season, but still struggle to get to 9-3 because of the road games and Bama. That being said, I do expect A&M to be a better team next year. Offense will be much better. The offensive line grows every game and another offseason for the receivers and mond will be big. 

My ealry prediction is 9-3. They will beat one of clemson, Georgia or Bama on the road, but lose to the other 2 and Bama. 

Agreed. I think we'll see a better team with a worse record just due to the schedule. But if Jimbo can bring in another solid recruiting class and keep developing the guys we have, I'd be okay with 8-4 or so.

3* ATH Ainias Smith from Sugar Land Dulles commits to A&M today. That puts the class at 26 commits (23 ESD, 3 NSD). Lot of crystal balls recently being switched for Banks to Alabama. So it makes sense in a way to target Smith. With 4* ATH Devonta Lee still down to visit, would A&M take a CB over a LB? I’d rather have Lee myself.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

3* ATH Ainias Smith from Sugar Land Dulles commits to A&M today. That puts the class at 26 commits (23 ESD, 3 NSD). Lot of crystal balls recently being switched for Banks to Alabama. So it makes sense in a way to target Smith. With 4* ATH Devonta Lee still down to visit, would A&M take a CB over a LB? I’d rather have Lee myself.

And this thing is getting weird. I haven’t seen anything from 247 or on Twitter from anybody confirming that Smith will be a take. Rumor is the kid wants A&M more than A&M wants the kid.

59 minutes ago, Stoney said:

And this thing is getting weird. I haven’t seen anything from 247 or on Twitter from anybody confirming that Smith will be a take. Rumor is the kid wants A&M more than A&M wants the kid.

The story is A&M told him there were limited spots when they offered and he chose to wait. Now there isn’t room for him. Supposedly both parties have discussed it and they are not quite sure if there is room for him and he is aware and is not upset about it because he knew waiting might cause this. So now his commitment is taking a holding pattern until A&M figures out the numbers. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don’t know why they’re ashamed to type Texas A&M Aggies rather than Fighting Texas Aggies.

We’ve all been over this in the past and I still don’t understand why Aggies seem to refuse to write A&M. Everyone statewide and nationally know them as A&M and you’d figure Aggies would like nothing more than to differentiate themselves from UT.

Instead, it appears they want to be known as the Texas Aggies, it’s silly. 

I know one of the Aggies came up with some historical confirmation that they are in fact the Texas Aggies, but guess what, no you’re not anymore. You are Texas A&M University.

Accept it!

Aggies, you are the Fighting Texas A&M Aggies, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Embrace the full name of your university and please quit trying to prove to the world you’re on the same level as the Texas Longhorns. If you’d just let it go and be who you are it’d look a lot better.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Aggies 2019 Thread
9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, I don’t know why they’re ashamed to type Texas A&M Aggies rather than Fighting Texas Aggies.

We’ve all been over this in the past and I still don’t understand why Aggies seem to refuse to write A&M. Everyone statewide and nationally know them as A&M and you’d figure Aggies would like nothing more than to differentiate themselves from UT.

I know one of the Aggies came up with some historical confirmation that they are in fact the Texas Aggies, but guess what, no you’re not anymore. You are Texas A&M University.

Accept it!

Aggies, you are the Fighting Texas A&M Aggies, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Embrace the full name of your university and please quit trying to prove to the world you’re on the same level as the Texas Longhorns. If you’d just let it go and be who you are it’d look a lot better.

I don’t know why you’re so arrogant you won’t let A&M call go by a name it’s gone by since before it was even Texas A&M...

weve been over this a hundred times. You and the national media are wrong. A&M has been going by Texas Aggies since before it was even officially called Texas A&M University. It’s not going to stop just because a few arrogant Texas fans think they have exclusive rights to having Texas in front of their team name. 

2 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Who else are y'all expecting to lose?

I think I heard RB Williams and and OL.

I’ve heard Trayveon and Erik McCoy. Turner did a good job with the o-line this year. With the guys we redshirted last year and Green coming in this year, O-line should be pretty stout.

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s a HUGE loss... 

I really thought we had a shot at him staying for his SR year. I think getting Banks would be huge for the secondary but I’m leaning hard on Lee to come in and play LB. Kid wants early playing time. He should have it here. Anybody heard anything negative on Hines’ recovery? 

27 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Accept it!

Um do you know the concepts of school name and team name? 

I get that it's confusing because it has the state in the team name and that happens to be the name of another University but team name =\= school name.

School name: University of Texas

Team name: Longhorns, commonly shortened to Horns

School name: University of Notre Dame

Team name: Fighting Irish, commonly shortened to Irish

School name: Texas A&M University

Team name: Fightin Texas Aggies, commonly shortened to Aggies

Yes, it'd be a mouthful to say "Texas A&M University Fightin Texas Aggies", so it's commonly shortened to just Aggies, but the team name has been Fightin Texas Aggies well before it was A&M. You say things like "Accept it!" I'm telling YOU to accept reality. They're facts backed by research and history.

• Thanks 1