Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

@Stoney, if you're wondering, I'm the one who changed the thread title. Trying to keep things on the topic of Texas A&M, instead of bickering about nomenclature. 

EDIT: just went back and read the posts. It seems I'm too late.  :D 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Um do you know the concepts of school name and team name? 

I get that it's confusing because it has the state in the team name and that happens to be the name of another University but team name =\= school name.

School name: University of Texas

Team name: Longhorns, commonly shortened to Horns

School name: University of Notre Dame

Team name: Fighting Irish, commonly shortened to Irish

School name: Texas A&M University

Team name: Fightin Texas Aggies, commonly shortened to Aggies

Yes, it'd be a mouthful to say "Texas A&M University Fightin Texas Aggies", so it's commonly shortened to just Aggies, but the team name has been Fightin Texas Aggies well before it was A&M. You say things like "Accept it!" I'm telling YOU to accept reality. They're facts backed by research and history.

😝

17 minutes ago, AKA said:

@Stoney, if you're wondering, I'm the one who changed the thread title. Trying to keep things on the topic of Texas A&M, instead of bickering about nomenclature. 

EDIT: just went back and read the posts. It seems I'm too late.  :D 

Tomato, tamato, it’s all good.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t know why you’re so arrogant you won’t let A&M call go by a name it’s gone by since before it was even Texas A&M...

weve been over this a hundred times. You and the national media are wrong. A&M has been going by Texas Aggies since before it was even officially called Texas A&M University. It’s not going to stop just because a few arrogant Texas fans think they have exclusive rights to having Texas in front of their team name. 

I’m not being arrogant about anything. I’m not saying UT has exclusivity on Texas being in front of their team name. I am saying it just seems funny y’all insisting on being called Texas Aggies when your university is Texas A&M and everyone knows y’all as A&M.

Part of what I’m saying is I understand the Aggies have gone by Texas Aggies since before A&M became what it is today, Texas A&M University, and that y’all should be going by Texas A&M Aggies more so than Texas Aggies.

I mean, it’s kind of like if some Russians wanted to still try to go by USSR. It’s just kind of goofy.

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m not being arrogant about anything. I’m not saying UT has exclusivity on Texas being in front of their team name. I am saying it just seems funny y’all insisting on being called Texas Aggies when your university is Texas A&M and everyone knows y’all as A&M.

Part of what I’m saying is I understand the Aggies have gone by Texas Aggies since before A&M became what it is today, Texas A&M University, and that y’all should be going by Texas A&M Aggies more so than Texas Aggies.

I mean, it’s kind of like if some Russians wanted to still try to go by USSR. It’s just kind of goofy. 

Yes... Texas A&M is the University and Fightin Texas Aggies is the team name. Those things are not mutually exclusive. They're two separate things.  Texas A&M University (the school) still goes by Texas A&M and the team is Fightin Texas Aggies. 

Is this really that hard to understand? 

Your comparisons to Russia going by USSR is more akin to Texas A&M trying to go by TAMC, the old University title. Nothing to do with team name there. 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So change it back? Lol

Meh, I like it better this way, it's consistent branding: Sooners 2019 Thread, Longhorns 2019 Thread, Aggies 2019 Thread. It just makes more sense to do it this way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Um do you know the concepts of school name and team name? 

I get that it's confusing because it has the state in the team name and that happens to be the name of another University but team name =\= school name.

School name: University of Texas

Team name: Longhorns, commonly shortened to Horns

School name: University of Notre Dame

Team name: Fighting Irish, commonly shortened to Irish

School name: Texas A&M University

Team name: Fightin Texas Aggies, commonly shortened to Aggies

Yes, it'd be a mouthful to say "Texas A&M University Fightin Texas Aggies", so it's commonly shortened to just Aggies, but the team name has been Fightin Texas Aggies well before it was A&M. You say things like "Accept it!" I'm telling YOU to accept reality. They're facts backed by research and history.

I've never understood why this is such a big deal. When I had someone explain it to me, it made sense and now I don't even think twice about it when I see it.

Here’s an idea, let’s get a petition started that A&M doesn’t allow any apparel company to sell Aggie anything that says A&M. Everything could be Texas Aggies from all clothing, caps, keychains, bumper stickers, anything and everything from now on should be Fightin’ Texas Aggies just completely drop A&M.

Change your helmets to say Texas Aggies or just Aggies and drop the ATM.

😊

I guess I’ve been too ticky tack about it, but it is a little bit silly, just my opinion not a big deal.

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Here’s an idea, let’s get a petition started that A&M doesn’t allow any apparel company to sell Aggie anything that says A&M. Everything could be Texas Aggies from all clothing, caps, keychains, bumper stickers, anything and everything from now on should be Fightin’ Texas Aggies just completely drop A&M.

Change your helmets to say Texas Aggies or just Aggies and drop the ATM.

😊

I guess I’ve been too ticky tack about it, but it is a little bit silly, just my opinion not a big deal.

No, you're not ticky tack, you just don't understand it. Texas A&M can be A&M (the school name) and Fighting Texas Aggies (the team name). We don't have to be one or the other- we're both. 

These are the most popular baseball jerseys lately, though

C1bqu_VVQAE_Pzc.0.jpg

23 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I've never understood why this is such a big deal. When I had someone explain it to me, it made sense and now I don't even think twice about it when I see it.

Agreed. I don't even say Texas Aggies- it's way easier to just type or say "Aggies". I know Lion did it to troll... He's whatever. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Agreed. I don't even say Texas Aggies- it's way easier to just type or say "Aggies". I know Lion did it to troll... He's whatever. 

Yeah I don't even notice it. Speaking of Lion... did he fall off of the face of the earth? Lol

34 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

No, you're not ticky tack, you just don't understand it. Texas A&M can be A&M (the school name) and Fighting Texas Aggies (the team name). We don't have to be one or the other- we're both. 

These are the most popular baseball jerseys lately, though

C1bqu_VVQAE_Pzc.0.jpg

Those are some nice looking jerseys!

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yes... Texas A&M is the University and Fightin Texas Aggies is the team name. Those things are not mutually exclusive. They're two separate things.  Texas A&M University (the school) still goes by Texas A&M and the team is Fightin Texas Aggies. 

Is this really that hard to understand? 

Your comparisons to Russia going by USSR is more akin to Texas A&M trying to go by TAMC, the old University title. Nothing to do with team name there. 

You’re arguing with someone who doesn’t want to understand. It’s extremely simple, and I know who’s not near as dumb as he’s acting about it. But let’s just change something that’s been used by Aggies for longer than his grandparents have been alive simply because he doesn’t want to understand. 

2 hours ago, DTrump said:

I know he's a 20 grad but for some reason I'm thinking Zach Evans ends up at the Aggies. I'm sure it will be a war between several schools to flip him but he's an instant difference maker.

I can see him ending up at Texas.  He's visited them more than anywhere else, his brother who is a big part of his recruitment loves Texas, and Evans is a big fan of Stan Drayton.

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

I don’t know why you’re so arrogant you won’t let A&M call go by a name it’s gone by since before it was even Texas A&M...

weve been over this a hundred times. You and the national media are wrong. A&M has been going by Texas Aggies since before it was even officially called Texas A&M University. It’s not going to stop just because a few arrogant Texas fans think they have exclusive rights to having Texas in front of their team name. 

It's beneficial to live in the past...  Especially if you are Aggies :p  

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I can see him ending up at Texas.  He's visited them more than anywhere else, his brother who is a big part of his recruitment loves Texas, and Evans is a big fan of Stan Drayton.

I’m not so sure. His family loves the way Williams was used this year at A&M, and he as seemed like he likes the sec aspect of it all. It will be a dog fight for sure.