Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

You’re arguing with someone who doesn’t want to understand. It’s extremely simple, and I know who’s not near as dumb as he’s acting about it. But let’s just change something that’s been used by Aggies for longer than his grandparents have been alive simply because he doesn’t want to understand. 

Nah, we aren’t arguing just a little back and forth.

It’s going to be fun to see how both TAMU and UT perform in their respective conferences next year. The Aggies has an impressive bowl win and so did the Longhorns. College football in Texas is on the rise.

26 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Nah, we aren’t arguing just a little back and forth.

It’s going to be fun to see how both TAMU and UT perform in their respective conferences next year. The Aggies has an impressive bowl win and so did the Longhorns. College football in Texas is on the rise.

I saw a way too early prediction that had both preseason top 10. 

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I wouldn't put Aggies top 10, but I would have them top 15 for sure...  off the top of my head, probably 12th?

I think that’s fair. But then again, I think they are a top 10 quality team, but I don’t think they finish top 10. In any other division, they are a top 10 team at seasons end, but they play Clemson Georgia and LSU on the road and Bama and auburn at home. To come out of that stretch 2-3 is victory imo. That’s not going to have you in the final 10, even if you might be as talented as a team with an easier schedule. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think that’s fair. But then again, I think they are a top 10 quality team, but I don’t think they finish top 10. In any other division, they are a top 10 team at seasons end, but they play Clemson Georgia and LSU on the road and Bama and auburn at home. To come out of that stretch 2-3 is victory imo. That’s not going to have you in the final 10, even if you might be as talented as a team with an easier schedule. 

Hell, in the PAC or ACC you guys are 11-1 this year.

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Dem Fightin Texas Aggies beating their chest like it 1998 :rofl: 

That Sir Parker was a player. The way he always seemed to wear his uniform with the lower back pad showing and flopping around, I always thought that looked cool. Probably because he made it look cool. Back in those days was when Aggies helmets were just ATM in plain white on top of maroon with white face masks. Those were the best uniforms they’ve ever worn.

11 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That Sir Parker was a player. The way he always seemed to wear his uniform with the lower back pad showing and flopping around, I always thought that looked cool. Probably because he made it look cool. Back in those days was when Aggies helmets were just ATM in plain white on top of maroon with white face masks. Those were the best uniforms they’ve ever worn.

Those were cool, but I like the more condensed ATM now.  The T always looked too big in the old days

58 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Image result for texas a&m football throwback uniforms 1998

Image result for texas a&m football junction made

I absolutely hate everything maroon and do not like A&M one bit (had to clarify 😂), but I'm a sucker for good throwback uniforms and these two are clean and simple. Great look

There is just something about Adidas uniforms that I don't care for. It goes for Miss St, Miami, and all the other schools too. Just stick to the classic look!

9 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I absolutely hate everything maroon and do not like A&M one bit (had to clarify 😂), but I'm a sucker for good throwback uniforms and these two are clean and simple. Great look

There is just something about Adidas uniforms that I don't care for. It goes for Miss St, Miami, and all the other schools too. Just stick to the classic look!

The ones we wore against Kentucky were freaking awesome. I wish we'd stay with those. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Most A&M folks I know, myself included, would love for that top combo to be our full time uni’s. Love the shiny helmet with the bigger logo. Plus the all white combo in that uni is my all time fave. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The ones we wore against Kentucky were freaking awesome. I wish we'd stay with those. 

1 minute ago, justafan903 said:

Most A&M folks I know, myself included, would love for that top combo to be our full time uni’s. Love the shiny helmet with the bigger logo. Plus the all white combo in that uni is my all time fave. 

Yes! Those are an awesome look. Would love to see y'all bring those back for good.

1 hour ago, justafan903 said:

Yep, the big ATM in gloss maroon with maroon jersey and white pants is by far the best A&M uniform. 

On 1/2/2019 at 12:52 PM, WETSU said:

I don’t know why you’re so arrogant you won’t let A&M call go by a name it’s gone by since before it was even Texas A&M...

weve been over this a hundred times. You and the national media are wrong. A&M has been going by Texas Aggies since before it was even officially called Texas A&M University. It’s not going to stop just because a few arrogant Texas fans think they have exclusive rights to having Texas in front of their team name. 

@JohnnyFootball thoughts?  :lol:

i believe @WETSU was begging me to troll you guys a little not here :rofl: 

I mean he didn't bring it up out of the blue, he brought it up in the context of that conversation and it was a fact relevant to what they were arguing about. Then you came in with some extremely weak smack about living in the past and when confronted with this year, the one where A&M is better than LSU (and most certainly better than ETBU LOL) you retreat to arguments about the past. 

Quite a day! I appreciate the trolling I guess (moreso than Lion's) but the thread title was changed to prevent pointless arguments/trolling so can we talk A&M football in 2019?

20 hours ago, WETSU said:

I’m not so sure. His family loves the way Williams was used this year at A&M, and he as seemed like he likes the sec aspect of it all. It will be a dog fight for sure. 

I agree. I seem to feel like he will go to one of these two teams. It just seems like he wants to stay in Texas.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The best RB by far. We'll miss him. Corbin looked good and most of our OL will be back, but Trayveon was special. 

Corbin, I forget about Cordarrian Richardson, Spiller...things should be good in the backfield. Get Zach Evans for 2020 and things would look real good.

Just now, Nick2011 said:

Center Erik McCoy has declared for the draft as well. 

So pretty much everybody we expected to go pro (Trayveon, Sternberger, McCoy) went Pro. Dodson kinda shocked me. I really thought he might come back. How do Y’all think the line will look next year?