Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Just so we are clear... before losing to A&M in a 10 hour game... LSU was not in talks of sneaking into the playoffs?  Can you tell me how many top 10 teams LSU defeated?  Also did LSU not have a better record than A&M in like opponents this year (you know, since we are taking cheap shots.). 

And when you say championship caliber teams are we anointing an A&M team in 2020 that none of us have even seen?  :lol:  go to bed @WETSU, your homerism is showing 

It was mainly a joke mav. 

But my point still stands. A&M finished the regular season with the number 1 sos and LSU finished number 2. They both played tough schedules. A&Ms is even tougher next year with the addition of Georgia on the road. My point was not to slight LSU, it was just a jab at you. No different than every time you do it every chance you get. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

Well that’s the same way it was before he committed to Texas. Most people thought he was “all A&M” except a few Texas mods/fans. Then his girlfriend getting into Texas happened and about 2 weeks later he’s committed to Texas.... 

And to be fair, your not giving Jimbo and his staff enough credit on why he didn’t sign with texas on ESD. This wasn’t just because FWK was involved... 

Ok.....

36 minutes ago, lion70 said:

This article also makes the assumption that the Fort Worth Star Telegram reporter and the paper itself are very biased toward UT. It also over analyzes each sentence and says the phrasing is proof they’re running A&M down. I don’t know, I’ve lived in Fort Worth for 12 years now and I can tell you historically they sure don’t seem to be pro-Texas..

19 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This article also makes the assumption that the Fort Worth Star Telegram reporter and the paper itself are very biased toward UT. It also over analyzes each sentence and says the phrasing is proof they’re running A&M down. I don’t know, I’ve lived in Fort Worth for 12 years now and I can tell you historically they sure don’t seem to be pro-Texas..

Well the fact some on here took allegations as facts proves there is biassed. The original intent was to make A&M look bad and not a peep when the truth comes out. I am not saying everyone but mainly one in particular.

I rest my case 💩

• Stinks 3

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

It was mainly a joke mav. 

But my point still stands. A&M finished the regular season with the number 1 sos and LSU finished number 2. They both played tough schedules. A&Ms is even tougher next year with the addition of Georgia on the road. My point was not to slight LSU, it was just a jab at you. No different than every time you do it every chance you get. 

Which was why I took mine back ;)  but LSU was an easy answer to your initial question because of how recent it occurred...  However, since I didn’t fully respond to your initial post, if A&M pulled off something like you mentioned, then yes... it would be a great accomplishment to Jimbo, his staff, and the recruitment of those individual players.

57 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Which was why I took mine back ;)  but LSU was an easy answer to your initial question because of how recent it occurred...  However, since I didn’t fully respond to your initial post, if A&M pulled off something like you mentioned, then yes... it would be a great accomplishment to Jimbo, his staff, and the recruitment of those individual players.

What 3 preseason top 5 teams did LSU play? I know Bama and Georgia but who was the 3rd? Some people have LSU in their preseason top 5 (cbs) which makes A&M have FOUR of the preaseason top 5 on their schedule next year potentially. 

And also, is 9-3 regular season a “good” record? I mean this whole conversation was about a guy saying A&M fans would/should be disappointed with 8-4/9-3 results this year. I said with how tough the schedule is that’s best we can hope for. You said LSU had a “good” year with a similar schedule. But is 9-3 “good?” To me, 10 regular season wins is the “good” goal. 8-9 wins is above average, 6-7 wins is mediocre/average, 11-12 wins is great/elite. 

40 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What 3 preseason top 5 teams did LSU play? I know Bama and Georgia but who was the 3rd? Some people have LSU in their preseason top 5 (cbs) which makes A&M have FOUR of the preaseason top 5 on their schedule next year potentially. 

And also, is 9-3 regular season a “good” record? I mean this whole conversation was about a guy saying A&M fans would/should be disappointed with 8-4/9-3 results this year. I said with how tough the schedule is that’s best we can hope for. You said LSU had a “good” year with a similar schedule. But is 9-3 “good?” To me, 10 regular season wins is the “good” goal. 8-9 wins is above average, 6-7 wins is mediocre/average, 11-12 wins is great/elite. 

9-3 is great when you play teams like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Auburn and A&M.  I am not sure what Miami's preseason ranking was but they may have been top 5, at least top 10.  Auburn was in the top 10 to start the year.  Georgia was top 4.  

Considering the expectations and then you look at the outcome...  It was an amazing year for Coach O.  http://www.secsports.com/schedule/football/lsu-tigers/_/year/2018

Now if we want to flip it... Look at the expectations for A&M, which were mostly 7-5 etc, and they go 8-4 this year some look at it and think "meh, about what I expected."  But looking from week 1 through week 14... we saw the team evolve.  Losing to Clemson and Bama was expected and who can complain about the way they played?  Then getting beat by Ms St and Auburn everyone believed they were going to lay down and be Sumlin's A&M team and just bend over and take the boot up the rear from LSU... but they fought that entire game and proved they are a team to look at going forward. So I wouldn't say this was a great season from Texas A&M, but I would say it was "good" and encouraging for their fan base.

So when you are measuring the outcome of a season, I would weigh the expectations versus the outcome, not just the record.  10-3 this season may be great, but could be disappointing next season.  It's hard to judge it just based on wins and losses.  One final example would be a team like Kansas.  Let's say they go 6-6 and get a bowl bid next year?  That is an excellent season for them, while it would be a disaster for Texas or OU or even a team like TCU.

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

9-3 is great when you play teams like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Auburn and A&M.  I am not sure what Miami's preseason ranking was but they may have been top 5, at least top 10.  Auburn was in the top 10 to start the year.  Georgia was top 4.  

Considering the expectations and then you look at the outcome...  It was an amazing year for Coach O.  http://www.secsports.com/schedule/football/lsu-tigers/_/year/2018

Now if we want to flip it... Look at the expectations for A&M, which were mostly 7-5 etc, and they go 8-4 this year some look at it and think "meh, about what I expected."  But looking from week 1 through week 14... we saw the team evolve.  Losing to Clemson and Bama was expected and who can complain about the way they played?  Then getting beat by Ms St and Auburn everyone believed they were going to lay down and be Sumlin's A&M team and just bend over and take the boot up the rear from LSU... but they fought that entire game and proved they are a team to look at going forward. So I wouldn't say this was a great season from Texas A&M, but I would say it was "good" and encouraging for their fan base.

So when you are measuring the outcome of a season, I would weigh the expectations versus the outcome, not just the record.  10-3 this season may be great, but could be disappointing next season.  It's hard to judge it just based on wins and losses.  One final example would be a team like Kansas.  Let's say they go 6-6 and get a bowl bid next year?  That is an excellent season for them, while it would be a disaster for Texas or OU or even a team like TCU.

That’s a fair argument. I wasn't looking at it from an individual team perspective, but you are correct when you consider preseason expectations, LSU did have a good season. 

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The assumption of bias is backed by examples. Clarence Hill Jr.'s accusation of an "Aggie supporter" sending the letter was backed by nothing.

Citing pro-Texas tweets (that happened), anti-Aggie Tweets (also happened), and a false accusation of racism by an Aggie supporter (something else that happened) all point to certain things. This isn't open to interpretation- those things happened. And noting how things are handled 100% shows bias, in that reporter anyway. Maybe not in the Star Telegram. Think about the mainstream media. They're completely biased in phrasing and accusations. If a white cop kills a black victim, it is mentioned MANY times that the cop was white. If the cop was black, it's conveniently ignored. That's the very definition of bias. 

That constitutes libel as far as I'm concerned. 

That one guy wrote an anti-Jimbo Fisher article citing record. He didn't cite that A&M's schedule was tougher, that A&M improved in many areas they were lacking, nor did he cite that Jimbo has A&M signing the best class we've ever had. He went for the "record in a vacuum" approach. That is pushing a narrative 100%. 

It’s still early in the tea leaf reading but things are looking good on the Shepherd flipping process. 

Looking like Mowery will be a take with his grades. I’m still curious to see if Ellison is take, a wait or if that 26th spot gets moved to next year.

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

It’s still early in the tea leaf reading but things are looking good on the Shepherd flipping process. 

Looking like Mowery will be a take with his grades. I’m still curious to see if Ellison is take, a wait or if that 26th spot gets moved to next year.

Ellison isn’t making it in I don’t think. That last spot is probably going to the LB from Tennessee Russell. 

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

Looking like Demas had a interesting trip to UT yesterday. Lotta rumors floating around the internets.

Pretty much every media outlet except for hookem247 (EJ is probably the worst in the business) is saying that Herman had a bunch of high end recruits on campus and that he spent time bashing A&M and the sec. during that he singled out 5 star WR Demas for being committed to A&M and apparently it didn’t go over well with him. 

Herman is an idiot. He’s extremely immature for a HC at this level. Making fun of the Missouri Qb on national television, having to be restrained like a player during the OSU game this year, singling out players and talking trash about their commitment status in a group setting... He just does things that make him look like a 16 year old. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Pretty much every media outlet except for hookem247 (EJ is probably the worst in the business) is saying that Herman had a bunch of high end recruits on campus and that he spent time bashing A&M and the sec. during that he singled out 5 star WR Demas for being committed to A&M and apparently it didn’t go over well with him. 

Herman is an idiot. He’s extremely immature for a HC at this level. Making fun of the Missouri Qb on national television, having to be restrained like a player during the OSU game this year, singling out players and talking trash about their commitment status in a group setting... He just does things that make him look like a 16 year old. 

Wow those recruits can see how you cary yourself. Hopefully for his sake it was just giving him a little fun if not that can backfire. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Do you have a link to any official report of this? Because I'm finding absolutely nothing.

• LOL! 3

Even if Herman negative recruited with A&M as his target and Demas got all butthurt we shouldn’t think that A&M hasn’t negatively spoken about UT and our conference either like other football staffs aren’t negative selling all the time, including A&M. I mean, one of A&M’s main recruiting pitches has to be how mighty and superior the SEC is as compared to the Big 12. Is that not belittling to UT, I’d say it is? 

So, if Herman or Ehlinger got up there and said a few things that put the Aggies in a less than desirable light it’s not the end of the world.

With all that being said, I’d hope UT coaches and players do not consistently negatively recruit and run other programs into the ground, because that’s no way to be. 

🤘🏻

Nick Krueger The Other 98- “A stir on Twitter developed after rumors leaked that Texas head coach Tom Herman made comments at a junior day event that were construed as aimed at 2020 Texas A&M wide receiver commit Demond Demas and the Longhorns apparent superiority to the Aggies. It seems as though those comments didn’t land, and the tact seemed odd considering how often Demas has visited UT”

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Do you have a link to any official report of this? Because I'm finding absolutely nothing.

Every media outlet but hookem247 has touched on it in some matter. Both orangebloods and and every Aggie site. Take your pick and go look for yourself.