Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

16 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

As much as I hate to say it, Tate Martell is going to be a stud at Miami. I have a feeling 

Yes unfortunately I don't like his attitude . I just meant would be hilarious if he got beat out . Starkle has outstanding character and , Tate could learn a thing or two about how to better present yourself.

3 minutes ago, lion70 said:

Yes unfortunately I don't like his attitude . I just meant would be hilarious if he got beat out . Starkle has outstanding character and , Tate could learn a thing or two about how to better present yourself.

I like Starkle. Seems like a good kid

58 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Starkel says he’s really looking at Duke, Ohio st, SMU and Arizona. I don’t see him going to Ohio st. Duke would be a great fit for him. Their HC is extremely good with QBs and it’s a great spot to get a masters. 

North Carolina is beautiful and a masters from Duke would be 👍.

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

Starkel says he’s really looking at Duke, Ohio st, SMU and Arizona. I don’t see him going to Ohio st. Duke would be a great fit for him. Their HC is extremely good with QBs and it’s a great spot to get a masters. 

15 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

North Carolina is beautiful and a masters from Duke would be 👍.

Yep, all of this is true and, if I was a young QB with NFL ambitions, I would give Duke a very very close look. 

Austin Kendall is a moron for choosing WVa. 

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Are you guys still confident that Fisher flips Shepherd?

I’m not confident on anything regarding shepherd. I do think he ends up at A&M but with visits to Bama and Texas still on the table who knows. Why? Care to share some info? 

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not confident on anything regarding shepherd. I do think he ends up at A&M but with visits to Bama and Texas still on the table who knows. Why? Care to share some info? 

As much as he likes the limelight it’s been somewhat quiet.  That’s the reason I asked.  This kid is all over the place.  Just a gut feeling/hunch why you think he ends up at aTm?

52 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

As much as he likes the limelight it’s been somewhat quiet.  That’s the reason I asked.  This kid is all over the place.  Just a gut feeling/hunch why you think he ends up at aTm?

I personally think he ends up at because of the relationships he’s built with Green and Demas. I know you disagree, but my opinion (I’m NOT stating this as fact) is that the girlfriend to Texas was a HUGE reason he committed to Texas over A&M initially. I think if it wasn’t for that he might honestly have chosen A&M at first. Not saying he doesn’t like Texas, I just think he wanted A&M as well. He talked about playing with Green, he mentions wanting to play against sec competition, he talks about Turners success in the draft having multiple first rd picks... There’s lots of reason why A&M fans believed he could flip at some point. I think most notably as of late was how well the official visit went a couple of weeks ago. 

Now all of that being said, don’t put it past him to sign with any of the 4 schools after him. Especially Bama. Don’t ask me how but they will find a way to squeeze him into an already full class that has 5 Olinemen in the top 300 prospects. They will convince him to be number 6 and 3 of them will be at another school in 2 years. Rinse and repeat for 2020 class... 🙄

I personally think he ends up at because of the relationships he’s built with Green and Demas. I know you disagree, but my opinion (I’m NOT stating this as fact) is that the girlfriend to Texas was a HUGE reason he committed to Texas over A&M initially. I think if it wasn’t for that he might honestly have chosen A&M at first. Not saying he doesn’t like Texas, I just think he wanted A&M as well. He talked about playing with Green, he mentions wanting to play against sec competition, he talks about Turners success in the draft having multiple first rd picks... There’s lots of reason why A&M fans believed he could flip at some point. I think most notably as of late was how well the official visit went a couple of weeks ago. 

Now all of that being said, don’t put it past him to sign with any of the 4 schools after him. Especially Bama. Don’t ask me how but they will find a way to squeeze him into an already full class that has 5 Olinemen in the top 300 prospects. They will convince him to be number 6 and 3 of them will be at another school in 2 years. Rinse and repeat for 2020 class... 🙄

Thanks

i think the gf had some sway, but the Texas coaches made him a priority early.  From several accounts he was all Texas early, and told coaches he was committing and he was still going to take his  OV.  I think he was committed long before it went public.  

I understand hes said all all those things.  How many times do you see a recruit say they don’t like a position coach, or coaches history, or even talk negative about anything pertaining to that university.  Extremely rarely.  He’s said pretty much the same thing about everybody that’s recruiting them.   

As for the comments about playing with green.  I remember that coming out but don’t remember  which of the two said it.  Irregardles to who said it, for green to pull the trigger by himself shows he is a leader and not a follower.  I like that.  However, shepherd committing to Texas shows that he isn’t just a follower.  I don’t particularly look at him as a leader in the sense that he publicly committed and is still taking visits.

i honestly think he sticks with Texas and that doesn’t exactly make me jump for joy.  He looks solid as a recruit, but things can change once on campus.  I’ll say this.  If he flips it won’t upset me.  I don’t think he finishes up where he starts.  

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Thanks

i think the gf had some sway, but the Texas coaches made him a priority early.  From several accounts he was all Texas early, and told coaches he was committing and he was still going to take his  OV.  I think he was committed long before it went public.  

I understand hes said all all those things.  How many times do you see a recruit say they don’t like a position coach, or coaches history, or even talk negative about anything pertaining to that university.  Extremely rarely.  He’s said pretty much the same thing about everybody that’s recruiting them.   

As for the comments about playing with green.  I remember that coming out but don’t remember  which of the two said it.  Irregardles to who said it, for green to pull the trigger by himself shows he is a leader and not a follower.  I like that.  However, shepherd committing to Texas shows that he isn’t just a follower.  I don’t particularly look at him as a leader in the sense that he publicly committed and is still taking visits.

i honestly think he sticks with Texas and that doesn’t exactly make me jump for joy.  He looks solid as a recruit, but things can change once on campus.  I’ll say this.  If he flips it won’t upset me.  I don’t think he finishes up where he starts.  

Those are all fair opinions if you read Texas sites. A&M sites report a different message. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

Hes a first round OT type talent. I think you should be a little concerned with losing him if it happens. I know he’s had a couple of off the field issues and might be a little bit dramatic, but his recruitment isn’t near as dramatic as some we have seen recently. In fact, it wouldn’t be dramatic at all if it wasn’t for the addition of ESD and him choosing not to sign. You’re about to start seeing lots of kids do this late. Some is for attention, some it’s cold feet. I personally think Shepherd fits into a little of both of those. If A&M was coming out of the blue thats one thing, but as I’ve said before, this recruitment was a lot closer than you realize. 

Those are all fair opinions if you read Texas sites. A&M sites report a different message. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

Hes a first round OT type talent. I think you should be a little concerned with losing him if it happens. I know he’s had a couple of off the field issues and might be a little bit dramatic, but his recruitment isn’t near as dramatic as some we have seen recently. In fact, it wouldn’t be dramatic at all if it wasn’t for the addition of ESD and him choosing not to sign. You’re about to start seeing lots of kids do this late. Some is for attention, some it’s cold feet. I personally think Shepherd fits into a little of both of those. If A&M was coming out of the blue thats one thing, but as I’ve said before, this recruitment was a lot closer than you realize. 

Add in the fact A&M has a track record for putting olinemen in the NFL and has a proven HC 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Of course Texas should be concerned somewhat if he bails.   But measuraeables/rankings aren’t  the end all be all when looking at Future first rounders.  Texas has two higher rated 4 star OT’s than him as is  if you’re strictly going by that.  Texas is in good shape with a GT tackle as well.  

Im just telling you what I know.  He would’ve signed ESD, but Texas had voiced concerns with him about his off field issues.  That opened the door and his friend/trainer/handler took advantage of it.  I don’t particularly trust FWK.  I doubt seriously he has the kids best interest in his heart.  I think he’s out to profit off kids.  Before you comment about that (as you have before), I know Texas has signed kids thatve worked out with him.  Hudson Card (2020 qb commit) trains with him.  Hookfin trained with him.  I know....  I’ve just seen some stuff on him lately that makes me scratch my head about him.  

If he sticks he sticks, if not so long

13 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Of course Texas should be concerned somewhat if he bails.   But measuraeables/rankings aren’t  the end all be all when looking at Future first rounders.  Texas has two higher rated 4 star OT’s than him as is  if you’re strictly going by that.  Texas is in good shape with a GT tackle as well.  

Im just telling you what I know.  He would’ve signed ESD, but Texas had voiced concerns with him about his off field issues.  That opened the door and his friend/trainer/handler took advantage of it.  I don’t particularly trust FWK.  I doubt seriously he has the kids best interest in his heart.  I think he’s out to profit off kids.  Before you comment about that (as you have before), I know Texas has signed kids thatve worked out with him.  Hudson Card (2020 qb commit) trains with him.  Hookfin trained with him.  I know....  I’ve just seen some stuff on him lately that makes me scratch my head about him.  

If he sticks he sticks, if not so long

If you are referring to Hoofkin as higher rated than Shepherd.... 😂😂😂😂

Hoofkin and Shepherd are not in the same ballpark. Shepherd has elite size already, and has been recruited heavy by all the big boys across the country despite questionable issues off the field. Hoofkin is 40 pounds underweight Texas has to beat out Baylor for the kid... I thinks he’s got potential, but he’s got a long way to go before he’s ready. I also think he’s got the major benefit of people trying to project the next big thing. His offer list doesn’t show 4 star caliber player. 

And I’m curious to how you “know” Texas was hesitating to take him and that’s how this all came about. If they were hesitant, they would have just cut him loose and there wouldn’t be anything to this. They wouldn’t have cut loose a player this late for his off the field stuff. His off the field stuff took place months ago. More than enough time to do that if they wanted to. This to me sounds like a spin story to try to make this look like him flipping somewhere is more Texas idea than his. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

If you are referring to Hoofkin as higher rated than Shepherd.... 😂😂😂😂

Hoofkin and Shepherd are not in the same ballpark. Shepherd has elite size already, and has been recruited heavy by all the big boys across the country despite questionable issues off the field. Hoofkin is 40 pounds underweight Texas has to beat out Baylor for the kid... I thinks he’s got potential, but he’s got a long way to go before he’s ready. I also think he’s got the major benefit of people trying to project the next big thing. His offer list doesn’t show 4 star caliber player. 

And I’m curious to how you “know” Texas was hesitating to take him and that’s how this all came about. If they were hesitant, they would have just cut him loose and there wouldn’t be anything to this. They wouldn’t have cut loose a player this late for his off the field stuff. His off the field stuff took place months ago. More than enough time to do that if they wanted to. This to me sounds like a spin story to try to make this look like him flipping somewhere is more Texas idea than his. 

Like I said........  if you’re going by recruiting rankings...  read first, think, then post.  

I know that Hookfin is underweight.  That was my point.  

I said Texas voiced concern with him about his off field issues.  Read first, think, then post.  

I also did say say that I think he STAYS with Texas.  I don’t think he flips

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Like I said........  if you’re going by recruiting rankings...  read first, think, then post.  

I know that Hookfin is underweight.  That was my point.  

I said Texas voiced concern with him about his off field issues.  Read first, think, then post.  

I also did say say that I think he STAYS with Texas.  I don’t think he flips

We will see...

42 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

As I tell Lion,  who knows

There’s no telling. This really has the feel of he’s gonna go to Bama tomorrow and commit Sunday evening and everyone will wonder where’s the room or how saban did it, then in 2-3 years he’s at Sam houston. 

On that note, this is because Fisher wants him. Saban is no fool and he knows taking away from your enemy is important. It’s the same way Mack Brown use to do early 2000s. Take kids he almost didn’t even want and knew wouldn’t be better than what he had but he did it to keep that kid away from A&M or OU. I fully believe that’s what Bama did with both Marcus Banks and is attempting to do with Shepherd. At Bama they aren’t needs but if they pan out great. But at A&M they are needs and if he can find the spot to keep A&M from getting better, he will. 

• LOL! 1