Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

JF, I blame you and WETSU.  He baited and you bit! LOL!!

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/05/02/report-oregons-rob-mullens-top-candidate-fill-ad-vacancy-texas-am

this says he was one of their top candidates.  I asked my friend if that were true, he said yes.  That is all.  I was trying to get ole wet to comment on it.  I guess his Aggie friends know more than mine

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/05/02/report-oregons-rob-mullens-top-candidate-fill-ad-vacancy-texas-am

this says he was one of their top candidates.  I asked my friend if that were true, he said yes.  That is all.  I was trying to get ole wet to comment on it.  I guess his Aggie friends know more than mine

They do. 

On 5/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, WETSU said:

For starters, there was not a single mention from the A&M side about him. His side pushed he had interest in A&M in order to get a raise. A&M never once reached out to him. You need to at least get your facts straight if you’re going to try to talk smack. 

A&M will not be hiring an AD for a while. They will most certainly hire a new President first and let the new president hire the AD. Thus the reason you haven’t seen A&M try to make any moves and why RC was named the interim AD. They know this is going to take a while. 

I had heard Charlie Strong was in College Station interviewing for the Aggies AD's position...

I already thought A&M was starting to really like the Longview kid and that it might be a struggle to see which one they really wanted to push for between him and Hornsby. It seems now they don’t have to make that decision. 

I actually think King is more Jimbos style anyway, but i was intrigued with Hornsby and it #### to lose him because I think his potential is exceptional. I wouldn’t at all be disappointed with King though. 

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Might have to sneak off to Lobo Stadium to check him out.

Kid is the real thing. As much (deserved) hype as he's getting, I actually think he's underrated. Best schoolboy quarterback I've ever seen. 

zYyaGsG.gif

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

I already thought A&M was starting to really like the Longview kid and that it might be a struggle to see which one they really wanted to push for between him and Hornsby. It seems now they don’t have to make that decision. 

I actually think King is more Jimbos style anyway, but i was intrigued with Hornsby and it #### to lose him because I think his potential is exceptional. I wouldn’t at all be disappointed with King though. 

Well Jimbo will know he can take a snap under center without a problem 😂

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

A few groups have King going to the USC Trojans...and he was mentioned by name on an ESPN College Recruiting Show the other day as the top QB recruits in the nation.

same thought on signing...

Idk about all that. His recruitment is still sort of new to Aggies (he was just offered two weeks ago) but everything I’ve seen is he is very open to A&M. 

On 5/15/2019 at 9:18 PM, WETSU said:

I wanted King more than Hornsby since 2017's first game of the season when Longview played Lufkin and Haynes got some mop up duty at QB. He started the season as a receiver but a few games in, he replaced the starting QB as a sophomore. In that game against Lufkin, he threw a 50-yard pass right on the money and I said right then, "That boy can flat out throw the football." He's showed that many more times since then, including in the state championship game. 

He needs to put on a few pounds, but he has great height, speed, arm strength, accuracy and is already familiar with a similar offense.

That said, his family is from Louisiana and have been LSU fans for a long time. He's come down to see A&M play Bama a few times over the years with Coach King, as well as Clemson last year. He's familiar with our stadium, fans, and whatnot. Sadly Coach Turner (who was doing the recruiting of East Texas) never really went for him. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I wanted King more than Hornsby since 2017's first game of the season when Longview played Lufkin and Haynes got some mop up duty at QB. He started the season as a receiver but a few games in, he replaced the starting QB as a sophomore. In that game against Lufkin, he threw a 50-yard pass right on the money and I said right then, "That boy can flat out throw the football." He's showed that many more times since then, including in the state championship game. 

He needs to put on a few pounds, but he has great height, speed, arm strength, accuracy and is already familiar with a similar offense.

That said, his family is from Louisiana and have been LSU fans for a long time. He's come down to see A&M play Bama a few times over the years with Coach King, as well as Clemson last year. He's familiar with our stadium, fans, and whatnot. Sadly Coach Turner (who was doing the recruiting of East Texas) never really went for him.

Sounds like good people to me 

• LOL! 1