Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

What’s the A&M intel on Brian Darby? He is from College Station, but doesn’t have an A&M offer to my knowledge. 

He got an Oklahoma offer at the Houston satellite camp from Riley and he committed yesterday. He is only a 3 star, but you have to trust Riley with offensive guys.

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

What’s the A&M intel on Brian Darby? He is from College Station, but doesn’t have an A&M offer to my knowledge. 

He got an Oklahoma offer at the Houston satellite camp from Riley and he committed yesterday. He is only a 3 star, but you have to trust Riley with offensive guys.

He’s decent. He’s that guy that won’t blow you away on tape or in a testing environment, but will go to OU and be a decent contributor by his junior and senior season. I think he’s a reach at this point, but like you said, Riley knows what he wants and that’s enough. 

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

I honestly think he gets beat out by the freshman Williams anyway, but this probably doesn’t help his chances of holding his spot. Williams will likely start week 1 if Tucker is suspended, and that might be all it takes to lose his spot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Troy Omeire finally makes it official. Always seemed like A&M was the front runner. Demas, Moose and him make for a heck of a recieving class.

The WR haul is very stout. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The WR haul is very stout. 

Yes Sir 🔥🔥🔥 😂. If I was a young QB from the East Texas area and I had my choice between a off brand UT and A&M, I’d be working on my Aggie commitment video tonight. 

How do you think the DE class is going to shake out between Broughton, Collins and Princely? 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Have you heard anything on it? All the stuff I’ve seen had him a pretty heavy A&M lean.

Just A&M or Oklahoma were the two places that people around him talked about most. The Missouri thing kind of came from nowhere.

• Like 1

Isaiah Raikes 3* DT out of New Jersey is on commit watch tomorrow. Either A&M or Penn State seems to be the favorite at this point. Would be third out of state pick up if he chooses A&M.

20 hours ago, Stoney said:

Isaiah Raikes 3* DT out of New Jersey is on commit watch tomorrow. Either A&M or Penn State seems to be the favorite at this point. Would be third out of state pick up if he chooses A&M.

And Raikes makes it official, A&M bound.

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Do not understand this at all unless he is being brought in as a fullback, which is likely. 

I get a Charles Strong vibe off of him. Fullback in training.

23 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This kid is extremely underrated to me. Would be a 4 star if he played in Texas and got more hype. 

Not a lot of DTs with his wing span. Gonna be a nice addition to the interior. Now let’s get some of those edge guys in here.

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

King, Eaton, Princely, Walker. That’s not a bad haul if the crystal balls turn into commits.

Is Umanmielen a take over Collins? Princely seems more of a DT.

From what I'm hearing Eaton is plan B for Texas.

Not trolling just trying to get a read on defensive targets.

33 minutes ago, Baron said:

Is Umanmielen a take over Collins? Princely seems more of a DT.

From what I'm hearing Eaton is plan B for Texas.

Not trolling just trying to get a read on defensive targets.

Eaton is a top notch player in his own right. But their are difference of opinions on in state DBs this year. It’s a deep year but not any super elite can’t miss DBs. So it’s more of a preference thing. A&M and Texas really have prioritized different guys this year. 

As far as princely, A&M will take him and Broughton both as big DEs/DTs. I know Texas feels good about broughton, but so do A&M and Arkansas. That one will be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Eaton is a top notch player in his own right. But their are difference of opinions on in state DBs this year. It’s a deep year but not any super elite can’t miss DBs. So it’s more of a preference thing. A&M and Texas really have prioritized different guys this year. 

As far as princely, A&M will take him and Broughton both as big DEs/DTs. I know Texas feels good about broughton, but so do A&M and Arkansas. That one will be interesting. 

The defensive scheme and the lack of production at RB has hindered recruiting for UT.

I think Ringo and Crawford are the CB's Texas is focused on. Ransom and Thompson are the safeties. Hopefully not to any exclusion should things go wrong.

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

4* G Akinola Ogunbiyi has flipped back to A&M after decommiting from Georgia. Has to help keep Smart Chibuzo now, I’d think.

Also seeing Demas tweet big things coming in a few weeks. He spent the entire day with Evans and Broughton so take it for what it’s worth. 

• Like 1