Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He flipped from A&M mainly because of the coaching change. If he’s comfortable enough to switch back, I think he sticks. 

Kid had been in CS more than had been let on lately. That gives me the feels it sticks.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Also seeing Demas tweet big things coming in a few weeks. He spent the entire day with Evans and Broughton so take it for what it’s worth. 

I feel good about Broughton. Especially with Demas’ comments and Broughton’s timeline of committing. I don’t trust Evans until the inks dry on his LOI and even then I still wouldn’t be 100%. It’s looking like Jimbo has the makings of another top 10 class....at this point.

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Aki 

I didn’t know his mom had a stroke. I think him going to Georgia and seeing how far away that is from her played a huge part in his decision. I think he sticks.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@WETSU Perroni CB in for Broughton.

I’ve thought he would be an Aggie for some time now. Still a long ways to go until signing day regardless of where he commits, but this is one Texas has thought they have had in the bag for some time so if A&M can land him it’s a big win. Even just a couple of weeks ago there where Texas guys on this board all but locking him in. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

A CB from Aggie guy after Aggie OV. Color me surprised. LOL! Should be a fun one to watch.

Aggie mods aren’t like Texas mods. They don’t throw those out like candy. 

BP had a 100% crystal ball rate up until last week. And not because he changes them last minute either. He’s very cautious with his picks. So I don’t think your comment holds weight at all. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

BP had a 100% crystal ball rate up until last week. And not because he changes them last minute either. He’s very cautious with his picks. So I don’t think your comment holds weight at all. 

To piggyback, since I’ve been following recruiting Perroni’s been my go to. He’ll err on the side of caution. If he puts one in there’s usually a very good reason for it. If he misses he’ll own up to it.

28 minutes ago, WETSU said:

LOL! Yes it does. Arkansas guy also CB'd to Arkansas. And a lot of guys have great percentages early in the recruiting process. The guys that commit earlier are much easier to read. I looked your boy up, and he's around 70% overall.

8 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

LOL! Yes it does. Arkansas guy also CB'd to Arkansas. And a lot of guys have great percentages early in the recruiting process. The guys that commit earlier are much easier to read. I looked your boy up, and he's around 70% overall.

No, it doesn’t. You don’t know what you’re talking about in this matter. BP has literally #### off his own fan base this year with how cautious he is with his picks this year. Him putting in a crystal ball for Broughton has nothing to do with him just visiting. It has to do with the kid has been looking hard at A&M for a while now Texas fans have just had their heads in the sand about it. 

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I think you should be prepared to lose this one.  Giles just isn't a good recruiter (good coach) and until Herman adds a 2nd DL coach this will continue to be a trend.  This staff still has a couple of duds like Warehime (Liebrock was all Tim Beck), Mehringer, Drayton has been a disappointment, and IDK what Meekins does.  Herman needs to get Beaty on staff, promote Samples to go along with a DL coach to even out both sides of the ball 5 and 5.  He's shown he can go out and make upgrades with Hand, but is he going to step up and let his pals Warehime and Mehringer go?  TBD.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stoney said:

To piggyback, since I’ve been following recruiting Perroni’s been my go to. He’ll err on the side of caution. If he puts one in there’s usually a very good reason for it. If he misses he’ll own up to it.

Go look at the Texas crystal balls for the 2021 class. It’s like if you have a Texas offer, you’re defaulted to get a Texas mod crystal ball until you commit elsewhere lol

Just now, Red90fly said:

I think you should be prepared to lose this one.  Giles just isn't a good recruiter (good coach) and until Herman adds a 2nd DL coach this will continue to be a trend.  This staff still has a couple of duds like Warehime (Liebrock was all Tim Beck), Mehringer, Drayton has been a disappointment, and IDK what Meekins does.  Herman needs to get Beaty on staff, promote Samples to go along with a DL coach to even out both sides of the ball 5 and 5.  He's shown he can go out and make upgrades with Hand, but is he going to step up and let his pals Warehime and Mehringer go?  TBD.

Didn’t you say Broughton was a lock to Texas on the longhorn thread like 3 weeks ago? It might be someone else so my apologies if so. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Go look at the Texas crystal balls for the 2021 class. It’s like if you have a Texas offer, you’re defaulted to get a Texas mod crystal ball until you commit elsewhere lol

I mean, Brockermeyer(s) and the Duncanville kid are probably Texas bound if we're being honest.

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No, it doesn’t. You don’t know what you’re talking about in this matter. BP has literally #### off his own fan base this year with how cautious he is with his picks this year. Him putting in a crystal ball for Broughton has nothing to do with him just visiting. It has to do with the kid has been looking hard at A&M for a while now Texas fans have just had their heads in the sand about it. 

You've got me all wrong. I don't follow recruiting until late in the year. I don't know much about this guy. I would've made the same statement if someone brought up a CB for Texas after an OV. Go back and read my original post. I made no comment where the kid would go or if your guy was right or wrong.

13 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I mean, Brockermeyer(s) and the Duncanville kid are probably Texas bound if we're being honest.

They might be. But my point was mike roach Texas mod has crystal balled 7 of the top 8 players to Texas. Most of them he’s the only prediction. It’s what the Texas mods have done for a few years now and it’s why the fans bases get like they are right now. The Texas mods get them thinking they are signing nearly everyone in the top 10 and then as the dust settles they really only end up with 3 of them or something... Then if they do commit somewhere they are still saying they will flip (Leal last year and demas this year) until even their own fan base starts to get annoyed by it.

im just saying there is a long way to go before I write off anyone going anywhere in the 2021 class. And that goes for Aggies as well. 

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Didn’t you say it was Arkansas and aTm just s couple weeks ago?

Yes I did. I thought it was Arkansas and A&M just a couple of weeks ago when someone else said it was Texas. I thought then it would be A&M but i thought Arkansas was a dark horse. I still think this kid could go to any one of Texas, Arkansas, OSU or A&M and it shouldn’t be a total shock. I’m not saying this kid is for sure announcing for Texas or anything. I’m just saying that hookem and orange bloods are filled with people who seem to be caught off guard with the thought of anyone landing broughton other than Texas. And I don’t think that’s been true for some time...