Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

4 minutes ago, MtVernonSuperFan said:

And you do? You predict an Aggie rise to glory every year. The WETSU infinite loop of delusion. 

Yes I do. You have the football IQ of someone whom played 2 years of middle school football and bought the madden game a couple of times... You’re a joke on this site and whether you go by waggle or this one or any other of your stupid SNs, everyone on this site knows it. 

Potential 2020 Offense

QB- Kellen Mond with 4 years of starting under his belt, Calzada, Foster, possibly King backing him up

RB- Jashuan Corbin, Isaiah Spiller, possible Zach Evans, Daniyel Ngata, Richardson....Corbin/Spiller ain’t shabby, you add one or both of Evans/Ngata to that? 

WR- Who leaves early of Rogers, Davis, Ausbon? Have  Dylan Wright, Demas, Omeire, Baby Moose, Preston, Buckley, Chapman, Lane, Brown, etc... waiting to take over.

TE- Cupp, Wydermeyer, Smith, that’s size and speed in the middle of the field

OL- Green, Moore, Kenyon Green, Hocker, Reed, Jenkins, Mathews, McCollum, Aki, Chibuzo,....grab a dart and throw, you’ll hit a solid starting five

Thats a pretty good looking offense to me.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Potential 2020 Offense

QB- Kellen Mond with 4 years of starting under his belt, Calzada, Foster, possibly King backing him up

RB- Jashuan Corbin, Isaiah Spiller, possible Zach Evans, Daniyel Ngata, Richardson....Corbin/Spiller ain’t shabby, you add one or both of Evans/Ngata to that? 

WR- Who leaves early of Rogers, Davis, Ausbon? Have  Dylan Wright, Demas, Omeire, Baby Moose, Preston, Buckley, Chapman, Lane, Brown, etc... waiting to take over.

TE- Cupp, Wydermeyer, Smith, that’s size and speed in the middle of the field

OL- Green, Moore, Kenyon Green, Hocker, Reed, Jenkins, Mathews, McCollum, Aki, Chibuzo,....grab a dart and throw, you’ll hit a solid starting five

Thats a pretty good looking offense to me.

The important part of that is experience. Likely return a 4 year starter at Qb,

the entire starting 5 offensive line, 4 of the 5 with 2 years starting experience. 

A extremely veteran group of WR(even if 1-2 go pro) 

and Corbin at RB who will have 2 years of being a big contributor. 

Its very possible if not likely that you return the entire starting 11 on offense plus added talent. When has that happened to an already top 25 level offense in recent memory? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes I do. You have the football IQ of someone whom played 2 years of middle school football and bought the madden game a couple of times... You’re a joke on this site and whether you go by waggle or this one or any other of your stupid SNs, everyone on this site knows it. 

LOL! A baseless claim aka the WETSU special. This little guy is the angriest person on this forum. You can find his insane, drunken diatribes on most threads in this forum. All of the years of Aggie letdowns and ridicule have morphed him into a total lunatic. It's time we start taking mental health seriously in the country. Let's get WETSU help. #HELPWETSU

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

There’s some good smoke surrounding Evans and A&M. Somethings changed from blowing off recruiting visits and making top 5 lists. If you get Evans, with this o-line, the skills at WR, and the biggest if, if Mond makes a big a leap as he did freshman to sophomore to junior year, Mond’s senior year could be exciting. 

I believe that Evans left Texas and Texas A&M out his top 5 just to create attention for himself.

He had not been in contact with Oklahoma for like a year leading up to that  “top 5”.

I don’t think he has really had much to do with Ohio State either.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I'm not saying Evans wont end up at a&m, but that recruitment probably still has some crazy shifts and turns in it.

I ain’t trusting nothing with his recruitment until pen hits paper, and even then I wouldn’t be surprised if some Bru McCoy shenanigans happened.

16 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Kendrick Rogers could leave early after this year if he has a good season. The NFL scouts are high on him due to his size and playmaking abilities! 

I agree. I think Rogers, Buckley, Ausbun and Davis will get the bulk of PT with Rogers leaving early. That’s still a lot of experience coming back in 2020 though. 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:27 AM, Stoney said:

Anybody have a TheAthletic account? Looking like A&M will have its own reporter on there. Who it is wont be named until this week.

I do. 

It is worth the money to me. That site puts out the best quality Oklahoma Sooner and Oklahoma City Thunder content. 

Also their NCAA Football content in general is the best around.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I do. 

It is worth the money to me. That site puts out the best quality Oklahoma Sooner and Oklahoma City Thunder content. 

Also their NCAA Football content in general is the best around.

100% agree. The writers are top notch. It’s one of the rare sites that I feel like I’m getting my money’s worth while at the same time not having to put up with bad hot takes. Not exactly sure how I feel with TexAgs being the A&M coverage. We’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

King Haynes is a great pickup for Jimbo. He obviously needs some time in the weight room, but he’ll be the best QB recruit under Jimbo since Winston. It’s very surprising to me that ATM and Tenn were his only suitors. 

I think it’s because of the type of offense he runs at Longview. He’s under center a lot and he executes that west coast play action rollout very well. That fits an offense like what jimbo runs, but with lots of teams running more spread concepts now, perhaps he is not what they are looking for. But he’s probably the best athlete in the qb class for 2020. Legit 4.5 40 and very accurate. Needs some weight, but he is going to be extremely good I think. He is perfect for Jimbos offense.

42 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think it’s because of the type of offense he runs at Longview. He’s under center a lot and he executes that west coast play action rollout very well. That fits an offense like what jimbo runs, but with lots of teams running more spread concepts now, perhaps he is not what they are looking for. But he’s probably the best athlete in the qb class for 2020. Legit 4.5 40 and very accurate. Needs some weight, but he is going to be extremely good I think. He is perfect for Jimbos offense.

I completely agree with the first couple sentences, it’s why I thought schools like Michigan, Stanford, and Washington, would be on him. I know because of distance that none of those are likely destinations but I think he’s the type of QB talent that should get that kind of coast to coast love. 

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I completely agree with the first couple sentences, it’s why I thought schools like Michigan, Stanford, and Washington, would be on him. I know because of distance that none of those are likely destinations but I think he’s the type of QB talent that should get that kind of coast to coast love. 

He’s shined everywhere. Was overall the best qb at the opening finals and elite 11. If rivals didn’t have him as a 3star, he would be on the cusp of being a composite 5 star. I’m not sure what his lack of offers is about. He’s a plus athlete at the position, completed 70% of his passes with a very good team/Int ratio and  is a coaches son who is very intelligent and polished for this stage of his career. And he’s just a winner. I’m surprised myself. Even A&M didn’t offer him until May, so I’m not sure what teams are/were thinking. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

He’s shined everywhere. Was overall the best qb at the opening finals and elite 11. If rivals didn’t have him as a 3star, he would be on the cusp of being a composite 5 star. I’m not sure what his lack of offers is about. He’s a plus athlete at the position, completed 70% of his passes with a very good team/Int ratio and  is a coaches son who is very intelligent and polished for this stage of his career. And he’s just a winner. I’m surprised myself. Even A&M didn’t offer him until May, so I’m not sure what teams are/were thinking. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

King Haynes is a great pickup for Jimbo. He obviously needs some time in the weight room, but he’ll be the best QB recruit under Jimbo since Winston. It’s very surprising to me that ATM and Tenn were his only suitors. 

I think he’s just one of those guys that kinda got lost in the shuffle. 

38 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Well he’s not a huge camp guy. He doesn’t have a elite arm strength or anything and doesn’t look like he would be the athlete he is. Looks too thin and you don’t expect him to have the speed he has. But his decision making and vision are elite. His throwing accuracy is better than most at his age and he has the intangibles of a winner. It’s easy to overlook him, but when you break down his game there aren’t a ton of weaknesses outside of maybe you would like to see a little more arm strength. But he’s got enough arm to make all the throws, he’s just not going to be one of those kids that throws the tightest spiral or most velocity. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Yeah, probably a confluence of factors (prior to the State win) contributed to this...

LOCATION: Longview High's not a metro-area program, so really only the few regional recruiting reporters who actually watch Longview games have been talking him up. Not to mention the fact that Longview hasn't produced many D-1 quarterbacks.  Not to mention he's not a big social media user, more of a reserved and well-mannered lead-by-example personality. He's not out there pushing his hype videos. Too busy watching film and working out. 

STATS: Though he's rewritten the Lobo QB record book, (outside of the state championship game) his stats aren't as gaudy as QBs who play in more wide-open Spread offenses (though his efficiency rating is second to none). While he's certainly a legit running threat, our offense doesn't rely on his legs. So his rush stats (while decent) are also not exactly eye-popping. Again, there are plenty of small-school and/or metroplex area QBs throwing the ball 60 times a game whose numbers "look" better.  

MEASURABLES: Though tall and slender, his dimensions are not quite "prototypical." Not yet, at least. Like his aforemention stats: he's solid but not exceptional enough to compensate for our remote location. I know this may be hard pill for a lotta East Texans to swallow, but our area is considered "the sticks." The perception might be that he's just a strong-armed hick who impresses the rubes. 

Finally: he doesn't really fit a mold. Any mold, that I can think of. King's not a "Tom Brady" pure pocket passer or a "Cam Newton" physical specimen or a "Kyler Murray" cheat code. Haynes is a cerebral, disciplined, athletic quarterback with above-average mechanics and an as-yet-unknown ceiling. 

If Jimbo can reel him in, Haynes will make him look like a genius. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AKA said:

Yeah, probably a confluence of factors (prior to the State win) contributed to this...

LOCATION: Longview High's not a metro-area program, so really only the few regional recruiting reporters who actually watch Longview games have been talking him up. Not to mention the fact that Longview hasn't produced many D-1 quarterbacks.  Not to mention he's not a big social media user, more of a reserved and well-mannered lead-by-example personality. He's not out there pushing his hype videos. Too busy watching film and working out. 

STATS: Though he's rewritten the Lobo QB record book, (outside of the state championship game) his stats aren't as gaudy as QBs who play in more wide-open Spread offenses (though his efficiency rating is second to none). While he's certainly a legit running threat, our offense doesn't rely on his legs. So his rush stats (while decent) are also not exactly eye-popping. Again, there are plenty of small-school and/or metroplex area QBs throwing the ball 60 times a game whose numbers "look" better.  

MEASURABLES: Though tall and slender, his dimensions are not quite "prototypical." Not yet, at least. Like his aforemention stats: he's solid but not exceptional enough to compensate for our remote location. I know this may be hard pill for a lotta East Texans to swallow, but our area is considered "the sticks." The perception might be that he's just a strong-armed hick who impresses the rubes. 

Finally: he doesn't really fit a mold. Any mold, that I can think of. King's not a "Tom Brady" pure pocket passer or a "Cam Newton" physical specimen or a "Kyler Murray" cheat code. Haynes is a cerebral, disciplined, athletic quarterback with above-average mechanics and an as-yet-unknown ceiling. 

If Jimbo can reel him in, Haynes will make him look like a genius. 

Good analysis. If I had to compare him to somebody, he’s Ryan Tannehill. Legit wheels but isn’t what I would call dual threat, good arm but not blow you away arm, and is best operating from under center on bootlegs and 5 step drops. He’s smaller framed than Tannehill, but probably a slightly better athlete. Tannehill did play WR at A&M for a year while he was the backup QB. He had 4.5 speed by doesn’t have near the shuttle that King has. But overall that’s the closest comparison I have. Especially in today’s spread game where guys like King don’t exist anymore. 

• Like 1