Jimbo’s 2020 Recruiting Wish List

dynamic QB ✔️

Rushing phenoms

Playmaker wide receivers ✔️

Big hog maulies ✔️

QB nightmares on the d-line ✔️

Tackling machines for the LB Crew 

Ballhawks in the secondary ✔️

Coming along pretty nicely. If no videos get released between now and the picnic on the 26th, Eaton on 8/6, talking heads have us in good shape with Evans.....this could get fun.

6 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

If I had to pick one or the other, I would have picked King over Broughton 100 times out of 100. Would’ve been nice to have them both though! 

At the end of the day you want both, but A&M is in on a couple of more high end DEs, as well as that’s probably the biggest strength of the whole team. QB however they needed King bad. They didn’t have many more prospects on the radar and the drop off between him and whoever A&M might have ended up with would have probably been pretty steep. Plus Qb is the most important position on the field, so I too think you take king if you have to have one. 

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes this is 100% about slowing momentum I think. 

It’s the feeling I get. Why sit on the video until after the King commit? If the kids 100% committed good for him. If he’s not, we should find out quick next week. There’s still plenty of lineman talent out there. Seen where the DE from Florida who got reclassified will be in next week for the bbq. Princely is still out there. I guess the Collins kid is too. The big kid from Tennessee who played o-line but did some camps as a DT. 

3 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Broughton would’ve been nice, but there are more of him out there! There’s not more Haynes Kings out there though. That’s the way I see it! 

King versus Broughton? Hands down we got the better value. 2020 is gonna be fun. 2021 with King at the helm and Jimbo’s classes hitting their junior,senior years? That’s gonna be program statement time. 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

If I had to pick one or the other, I would have picked King over Broughton 100 times out of 100. Would’ve been nice to have them both though! 

If you hit on the qb absolutely.  Picking the right qb is essential.  Congrats on a nice get in King there Nick

21 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I truly believe he is going to be special. He’s going to be the one who takes A&M to the next level. 

Congrats on Broughton. He will be great for your Horns! 

King is elite. Best QB in the class. He will do great things in jimbos offense. 

On 7/17/2019 at 7:07 PM, Stoney said:

Jimbo’s 2020 Recruiting Wish List

dynamic QB ✔️

Rushing phenoms

Playmaker wide receivers ✔️

Big hog maulies ✔️

QB nightmares on the d-line ✔️

Tackling machines for the LB Crew 

Ballhawks in the secondary ✔️

Coming along pretty nicely. If no videos get released between now and the picnic on the 26th, Eaton on 8/6, talking heads have us in good shape with Evans.....this could get fun.

I’m leaving today on my annual investigative pilgrimage in College Station, cleverly disguised as an instructor gig at the 90th Annual Texas Municipal Fire/ Rescue Training School. It gives me the opportunity to meet the Aggie players in the bars and let my friend Nick know about which ones aren’t “mentally tough”, if you will. We’ve been doing this since A&M joined the SEC, and I’ve gotta say, it’s made for some interesting moments. I had drinks at Dazey Dukes with former Aggie QB Kenny “Thrill” Hill just before he was found drunk in a street planter right outside. I shot pool and bought beers for Johnny Football at the Dixie Chicken the evening he tweeted about a parking ticket and how ready he was to leave A&M. Nick finds these trips very interesting, so much so that he has me email reports to his secretary.  I wonder who I’ll run into this year? 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m leaving today on my annual investigative pilgrimage in College Station, cleverly disguised as an instructor gig at the 90th Annual Texas Municipal Fire/ Rescue Training School. It gives me the opportunity to meet the Aggie players in the bars and let my friend Nick know about which ones aren’t “mentally tough”, if you will. We’ve been doing this since A&M joined the SEC, and I’ve gotta say, it’s made for some interesting moments. I had drinks at Dazey Dukes with former Aggie QB Kenny “Thrill” Hill just before he was found drunk in a street planter right outside. I shot pool and bought beers for Johnny Football at the Dixie Chicken the evening he tweeted about a parking ticket and how ready he was to leave A&M. Nick finds these trips very interesting, so much so that he has me email reports to his secretary.  I wonder who I’ll run into this year? 

8D07AD11-8FE1-4F97-AEF8-502850E3E984.jpeg

It was you??!!!

16 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Did LSU not offer King? What about Texas? 

LSU offered but Texas did not. LSU looks like they got a 4* QB out of Georgia, Max Johnson and a big 6-6 QB out of Louisiana, TJ Finley, committed. Texas offered Card, Hornsby, Uiagalelei and Young out of California.

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’ll have to ask Nick if it was me. 

Any man that could drink with Johnny and Trill Hill and live to tell the tale has to have a iron liver, probably seasoned over the years with some of Doomer’s squeezins.

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

LSU offered but Texas did not. LSU looks like they got a 4* QB out of Georgia, Max Johnson and a big 6-6 QB out of Louisiana, TJ Finley, committed. Texas offered Card, Hornsby, Uiagalelei and Young out of California.

Texas has made some boneheaded choices on QB'S the last 10 years or so. Good for the Aggies. They got a good one!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Any man that could drink with Johnny and Trill Hill and live to tell the tale has to have a iron liver, probably seasoned over the years with some of Doomer’s squeezins.

Who do you think makes the trip with me as one of my “Firefighter’s?” 

• LOL! 1