Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m leaving today on my annual investigative pilgrimage in College Station, cleverly disguised as an instructor gig at the 90th Annual Texas Municipal Fire/ Rescue Training School. It gives me the opportunity to meet the Aggie players in the bars and let my friend Nick know about which ones aren’t “mentally tough”, if you will. We’ve been doing this since A&M joined the SEC, and I’ve gotta say, it’s made for some interesting moments. I had drinks at Dazey Dukes with former Aggie QB Kenny “Thrill” Hill just before he was found drunk in a street planter right outside. I shot pool and bought beers for Johnny Football at the Dixie Chicken the evening he tweeted about a parking ticket and how ready he was to leave A&M. Nick finds these trips very interesting, so much so that he has me email reports to his secretary.  I wonder who I’ll run into this year? 

If you wanna meet up lemme know! I'd be happy to get you a beer ha

Also, Johnny was in Dallas or something when he got the parking ticket, not in College Station. His car was still here though lol!

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m leaving today on my annual investigative pilgrimage in College Station, cleverly disguised as an instructor gig at the 90th Annual Texas Municipal Fire/ Rescue Training School. It gives me the opportunity to meet the Aggie players in the bars and let my friend Nick know about which ones aren’t “mentally tough”, if you will. We’ve been doing this since A&M joined the SEC, and I’ve gotta say, it’s made for some interesting moments. I had drinks at Dazey Dukes with former Aggie QB Kenny “Thrill” Hill just before he was found drunk in a street planter right outside. I shot pool and bought beers for Johnny Football at the Dixie Chicken the evening he tweeted about a parking ticket and how ready he was to leave A&M. Nick finds these trips very interesting, so much so that he has me email reports to his secretary.  I wonder who I’ll run into this year? 

You sound like another guy I know that “talks to saban”

On 7/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, Stoney said:

It’s the feeling I get. Why sit on the video until after the King commit? If the kids 100% committed good for him. If he’s not, we should find out quick next week. There’s still plenty of lineman talent out there. Seen where the DE from Florida who got reclassified will be in next week for the bbq. Princely is still out there. I guess the Collins kid is too. The big kid from Tennessee who played o-line but did some camps as a DT. 

Y’all think UT and Broughton made sure not to have him announce his commitment until after King announced?  If so, why not announce ten minutes after King did to try to completely steal A&M’s thunder?

Then you have Billy L saying UT is collaborating with recruiting services to get their commits higher grades and improved star rankings?

Aggies seem to think UT plays a lot of games and has control over a lot of people. Boy, I sure do hope UT is able to pull strings like this higher power/big brother/puppet master some folks think they are! That’d be awesome!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, Bclove05 said:

Longhorn fan here but I’ll totally be rooting for A&M with King going there. 

You cannot do both. As a Longhorn "fan" the best that you could do is to cheer for King as an individual. As a so-called fan you certainly cannot cheer for the team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas had Hudson Card committed last cycle and picked up a commit from JQJ at Duncanville. 

King is a much better fit at ATM than he would be at Texas. 

Yea completely different types of QBs. Neither would excel at the other program. 

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas had Hudson Card committed last cycle and picked up a commit from JQJ at Duncanville. 

King is a much better fit at ATM than he would be at Texas. 

I hope the other 2 work out. Seems like Texas hasn't done a very good job of recruiting or developing QB'S. Long time ago since Colt was playing.

We will see how Ehlinger does this year. He took big strides last year. Hopefully he matches the hype.

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I hope the other 2 work out. Seems like Texas hasn't done a very good job of recruiting or developing QB'S. Long time ago since Colt was playing.

We will see how Ehlinger does this year. He took big strides last year. Hopefully he matches the hype.

They have developed a pretty good one the last couple of years.

7 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Lol I have found myself rooting for Texas against certain teams if they are not playing the Aggies. I’ll usually always pull for a Texas team. I didn’t know that was such a bad thing to do?

Oh, hey, I can’t say that I’ve not rooted for A&M, because I have and I too root for Texas teams.

Now, OU, naw, different deal. At least these Aggies are Texans!!

Hahahaha!

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

You cannot do both. As a Longhorn "fan" the best that you could do is to cheer for King as an individual. As a so-called fan you certainly cannot cheer for the team.

The 2006 Rose Bowl is a prime example. Find me a Aggie that was rooting for the Texas team to win.

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Lol I have found myself rooting for Texas against certain teams if they are not playing the Aggies. I’ll usually always pull for a Texas team. I didn’t know that was such a bad thing to do?

It’s not, I’ve said before I pull for the Aggies to do well.  Can you imagine if both programs were top 5 each year???  I pull for Texas teams to always win, unless of course if they’re playing Texas.  I watched the Bama and Texas National Championship game with an Aggie friend and he rooted for Texas too 

10 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

If you wanna meet up lemme know! I'd be happy to get you a beer ha

Also, Johnny was in Dallas or something when he got the parking ticket, not in College Station. His car was still here though lol!

I tell you what, those Aggie WRs can drink some daiquiris! I tried to buy them a beer, but they said “Naw, bruh, we want the HARD STUFF!” 

15 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Did LSU not offer King? What about Texas? 

I think LSU offered but went cold on him with the lack of recruiting and finding other QBs to be “a better fit.”  

IMHO, you want this kid.  He can be a thrower or a runner.  A football dad, great program and can sling it.  Joe Burrow is perfect for LSU this year... I don’t see Brennan being able to handle that role next year... meaning I think LSU screwed up

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

They have developed a pretty good one the last couple of years.

Unless I'm mistaken they haven't won a championship since Colt. I haven't looked it up so I could be wrong. The last time they played for a NC was Colt and I don't think they have won the Big 12 since then. Until Ehlinger leads them to a title "development " doesn't mean much. 

5 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Unless I'm mistaken they haven't won a championship since Colt. I haven't looked it up so I could be wrong. The last time they played for a NC was Colt and I don't think they have won the Big 12 since then. Until Ehlinger leads them to a title "development " doesn't mean much. 

If winning a conference title is the determining factor in whether a QB is good or not then several Heisman winners this past decade most not have been good quarterbacks.

RG3 - not good 

Johnny Football - not good

Lamar Jackson - not good

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

If winning a conference title is the determining factor in whether a QB is good or not then several Heisman winners this past decade most not have been good quarterbacks.

RG3 - not good 

Johnny Football - not good

Lamar Jackson - not good

I think the first 2 wanted to be Horns but weren't offered.  I will concede if Texas has a QB that wins the Heisman and they dont win the Conference I'll take it. I noticed you didn't mention any of your Sooner QB'S. Didn't all your great QB'S  win the conference?

12 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I think the first 2 wanted to be Horns but weren't offered.  I will concede if Texas has a QB that wins the Heisman and they dont win the Conference I'll take it. I noticed you didn't mention any of your Sooner QB'S. Didn't all your great QB'S  win the conference?

I was just going off this decade.

Mayfield was a 3 time conference champion as a starter and Murray won the conference during his one season as a starter.

Jason White won a conference title as a starter and Bradford won two conference titles as a starter.

43 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

You’ve lost your mind... 

johnny did not want to be a horn. There’s no evidence to prove that other than your ego and thinking everybody wants to be a longhorn unless doesn’t doesn’t want them. 🙄They did offer him as a safety though. Which to be honest isn’t the worst thing. Only two major programs were looking at him at QB and that’s A&M and Oregon. 

7 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I was just going off this decade.

Mayfield was a 3 time conference champion as a starter and Murray won the conference during his one season as a starter.

Jason White won a conference title as a starter and Bradford won two conference titles as a starter.

My gosh, freaking OU..... just start rattling off the quarterbacks they’ve had over the years. No wonder they’ve won so many Big 12 championships. UT has had two sure fire game changers since 2000, VY and Colt. Now Ehlinger does make that three, but no conference title yet. Seriously, think about all those really good to great quarterbacks those darn Sooners have had. I think maybe two of them were actually native Oklahomans???

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

You’ve lost your mind... 

johnny did not want to be a horn. There’s no evidence to prove that other than your ego and thinking everybody wants to be a longhorn unless doesn’t doesn’t want them. 🙄They did offer him as a safety though. Which to be honest isn’t the worst thing. Only two major programs were looking at him at QB and that’s A&M and 

"They did offer him as a Safety". Yes, you are making my point. I believe Robert Griffin out of Copperas Cove was also "offered as a DB or athlete ", but not QB. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

"They did offer him as a Safety". Yes, you are making my point. I believe Robert Griffin out of Copperas Cove was also "offered as a DB or athlete ", but not QB. 

That is correct! UT offered two Heisman Trophy winners as defensive backs not quarterback and said they wouldn’t give them a shot at QB.

Completely stupid and killed UT!

• Like 1