Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

My gosh, freaking OU..... just start rattling off the quarterbacks they’ve had over the years. No wonder they’ve won so many Big 12 championships. UT has had two sure fire game changers since 2000, VY and Colt. Now Ehlinger does make that three, but no conference title yet. Seriously, think about all those really good to great quarterbacks those darn Sooners have had. I think maybe two of them were actually native Oklahomans???

That is part of it, but Oklahoma won the conference too one year with a WR playing quarterback the whole year.

5 hours ago, eagle34 said:

"They did offer him as a Safety". Yes, you are making my point. I believe Robert Griffin out of Copperas Cove was also "offered as a DB or athlete ", but not QB. 

That doesn’t prove Johnny wanted to go to Texas though... which is what you said. 

20 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Unless I'm mistaken they haven't won a championship since Colt. I haven't looked it up so I could be wrong. The last time they played for a NC was Colt and I don't think they have won the Big 12 since then. Until Ehlinger leads them to a title "development " doesn't mean much. 

He was literally 1 game away...

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That is correct! UT offered two Heisman Trophy winners as defensive backs not quarterback and said they wouldn’t give them a shot at QB.

Completely stupid and killed UT!

Mack would have ruined RG3

On 7/19/2019 at 11:28 PM, WETSU said:

You’ve lost your mind... 

johnny did not want to be a horn. There’s no evidence to prove that other than your ego and thinking everybody wants to be a longhorn unless doesn’t doesn’t want them. 🙄They did offer him as a safety though. Which to be honest isn’t the worst thing. Only two major programs were looking at him at QB and that’s A&M and Oregon. 

I was told Johnny's mom was one of the reasons he decommitted from Oregon along with the recruitment of a certain QB from Hawaii. 

On 7/19/2019 at 11:28 PM, WETSU said:

You’ve lost your mind... 

johnny did not want to be a horn. There’s no evidence to prove that other than your ego and thinking everybody wants to be a longhorn unless doesn’t doesn’t want them. 🙄They did offer him as a safety though. Which to be honest isn’t the worst thing. Only two major programs were looking at him at QB and that’s A&M and Oregon. 

He was going to play baseball at Oregon too, right?

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Fong seems to think A&M has the best shot at landing 5* Donnell Harris. 

That would be a huge get. A&M has recruited the DLine very well the last two seasons, but haven’t landed an elite edge rusher yet. This guy is a top 5 draft pick in a few years imo. Speed off the edge like very few in recent years. 

31 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So Elko feels good about where they sit with Harris?

I don’t think anyone knows what Elko feels about it other than Elko. How a DC feels about landing a kid is not usually something that fans know... 

Fong is a national mod though. No reason for him to give Aggies hope like a school specific mod might do. Not saying I think A&Ms 24/7 mods do this, but I know some do mods do it so I was just clarifying. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I don’t think anyone knows what Elko feels about it other than Elko. How a DC feels about landing a kid is not usually something that fans know... 

Fong is a national mod though. No reason for him to give Aggies hope like a school specific mod might do. Not saying I think A&Ms 24/7 mods do this, but I know some do mods do it so I was just clarifying. 

Widely known he and Fong are good buddies and where he gets his Aggie info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Okay but I haven’t seen that at all. Any Aggies on here know if this is true information? 

I’ve said before, I read a bunch of different sites (no paysites) and see what they all say.  You should venture away from Gigem more often.

Just now, DB2point0 said:

I’ve said before, I read a bunch of different sites (no paysites) and see what they all say.  You should venture away from Gigem more often.

Oh I do. And I’ve never seen this anywhere. All I’m asking for is some sort of source besides message board rumors from hookem. I’ve never seen it anywhere, and I find it hard to believe that a national mod being buddies with the A&M DC would not be something that’s talked about on aggie sites. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Oh I do. And I’ve never seen this anywhere. All I’m asking for is some sort of source besides message board rumors from hookem. I’ve never seen it anywhere, and I find it hard to believe that a national mod being buddies with the A&M DC would not be something that’s talked about on aggie sites. 

Listen closely,  I read multiple sites.  Quit saying everything I say comes  from Hookem.  In fact, they’re my least favorite Texas site.  Mike Roach and Jeff Howe are solid reporters/mods, but the merge with Scout ruined that site.  It’s almost like Texag posters there now.  

33 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Listen closely,  I read multiple sites.  Quit saying everything I say comes  from Hookem.  In fact, they’re my least favorite Texas site.  Mike Roach and Jeff Howe are solid reporters/mods, but the merge with Scout ruined that site.  It’s almost like Texag posters there now.  

Okay, so you read this on a sooner site or an Aggie site?