Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

9 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Do you guys really think King is a 5* caliber QB? 

I’m not trying to drag him but an honest question. I think he’s a really good QB with a chance to win a lot of games at ATM but I just don’t think he’s a 5*. 

I could be persuaded, I just don’t see it. 

You are brave man for taking that stance around these parts.

You have noticed the Longview fans on this forum right?

• LOL! 3

Thanks for the discussion fellas. Don’t get me wrong I like King and his game. I thought he’d wind up at LSU but for his options ATM is the best fit and I think he does well there eventually. 

I know he’s got a Sr year left of high school  but I don’t believe he’s an immediate impact player as a freshman in college. I realize he won’t have to be if Mond returns. But let’s say he’s put in a situation like Lawrence at Clemson.

ATM are looking forward to 2020 being a possible run at the playoffs. If Mond goes down or plays poorly can King step in and lead ATM to the playoffs in year 1? I just believe a 5* QB needs to be a ready to go stud that’s going to compete for the job day 1. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

You are brave man for taking that stance around these parts.

You have noticed the Longview fans on this forum right?

Lol, hey, I'm also a Sooner (Class of '05), and I really wanted Haynes in Norman. Dude would be absolutely perfect in Riley's "system." 

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I know he’s got a Sr year left of high school  but I don’t believe he’s an immediate impact player as a freshman in college. I realize he won’t have to be if Mond returns. But let’s say he’s put in a situation like Lawrence at Clemson.

ATM are looking forward to 2020 being a possible run at the playoffs. If Mond goes down or plays poorly can King step in and lead ATM to the playoffs in year 1? I just believe a 5* QB needs to be a ready to go stud that’s going to compete for the job day 1. 

Respectfully disagree. I would argue that Haynes competes for the QB1 role the minute he gets on campus, and that's not just my green goggles. The fact of the matter is that HK has every attribute needed to flourish in Jimbo's offense right now. While not as physically developed as Trevor Lawrence was at the same point, I do believe his abilities are comparable, and Haynes' football IQ is as good if not better. 

I'll wager that King pushes Mond from the get-go, and gets a shot during quality time, should Mond fail to deliver. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AKA said:

Respectfully disagree. I would argue that Haynes competes for the QB1 role the minute he gets on campus, and that's not just my green goggles. The fact of the matter is that HK has every attribute needed to flourish in Jimbo's offense right now. While not as physically developed as Trevor Lawrence was at the same point, I do believe his abilities are comparable, and Haynes' football IQ is as good if not better. 

I'll wager that King pushes Mond from the get-go, and gets a shot during quality time, should Mond fail to deliver. 

I hope you’re right. I’m not a Longview alum but I would love to see the local kid do great things. I’ve been wrong before and will be wrong plenty more, maybe this is one of them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

3 but I watch a lot of HUDL. 

I gotcha. I saw him several times this year. Aside from the Quarterfinal game against Westfield (30+ mph wind) and Semifinal against Tascosa (huge lead most of the game), both games where he didn't get many pass attempts, he absolutely lit defenses up. He hit receivers in dead stride deep down the field, going over 400 yards in the state title game and finishing just shy of the record for passing yards in a title game. 

I showed Coach David Lee ( https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2006/12/9/141415/461 ) his HUDL highlight and he said, "That's the best high school QB I've ever seen". Pretty high praise. And as others have said, he went to camps with other 5* players and in many cases outperformed them.

But to me, 5* is just a number.... Formed by the opinions of people not involved with the sport beyond giving their opinions of players. 

I agree with the above post that he needs to put on a bit of weight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’m planning on going to see him play sometime this year. If the Lobos will let me in the stadium.

Not a chance. I'm gonna have warning signs of you posted at every entrance: 

SvNtUEN.jpg

• LOL! 3

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Lol, hey, I'm also a Sooner (Class of '05), and I really wanted Haynes in Norman. Dude would be absolutely perfect in Riley's "system." 

I don't know if Riley was really that interested, or maybe their was just no interest from the kid.

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don't know if Riley was really that interested, or maybe their was just no interest from the kid.

Maybe a little bit of column A, a little bit of column B? 

I do know that proximity was a factor. If LSU didn't want him, I was pretty sure he'd end up somewhere in state. 

18 minutes ago, AKA said:

Maybe a little bit of column A, a little bit of column B? 

I do know that proximity was a factor. If LSU didn't want him, I was pretty sure he'd end up somewhere in state. 

Maybe, but it’s not like the drive from Longview to Norman is that much more than Longview to College Station.

3.5 hours vs 5 hours

If the interest was there then that wouldn’t have been the issue.

27 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Wasn't Tennessee in the running as well?

It’s kinda like that old Alan Jackson song “Dallas”. If Tennessee could move Longview east to Tennessee, then King would probably be a Volunteer. 

• Like 1