Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

Again, every excuse in the world won't change it. It not being football season or saying "I may be wrong" isn't some trump card. Actions speak louder than words. 

I'm especially sad cause I thought we'd have someone else worth talking football with. Turns out it's just another troll with no self control. Oh well. Maybe WETSU will engage you..🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Again, every excuse in the world won't change it. It not being football season or saying "I may be wrong" isn't some trump card. Actions speak louder than words. 

I'm especially sad cause I thought we'd have someone else worth talking football with. Turns out it's just another troll with no self control. Oh well. Maybe WETSU will engage you..🤷‍♂️

Ok, sorry you feel that way. Have a good Sunday.

12 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Does it not make any sense?

UT has won the national championship in the Big 12 after OU steamrolled them for years and after OU won their title in 2000.

UT has proven they can win at the highest levels, A&M has not AND their road to do so is now just that much harder.

Texas has only won the Big 12 during Oklahoma rebuilding years this century. 😛

4 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Texas A&M commit DT Isaiah Raikes running the ball at 330 pounds😂 what a beast!! 🤭👍 Kid can move for his size. Maybe Jimbo should consider putting him in the backfield 😂

D0F71311-9BCC-469E-BD5F-882F19D50B7D.MOV 9.96 MB · 2 downloads

Maybe on short yardage. Daylon Mack did the same in HS a bit. 

Just saw Jimbo is speaking at the Piney Woods Football Clinic. Awesome!

4 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Texas A&M commit DT Isaiah Raikes running the ball at 330 pounds😂 what a beast!! 🤭👍 Kid can move for his size. Maybe Jimbo should consider putting him in the backfield 😂

He’s underrated. 3 star right now but he has 4 star athleticism. I expect him to get a bump before it’s all said and don’t. 

Jimbo went out of state heavy this year. The was a 3 star guy they identified early and were on him harder than some of the 4 star guys in state. They really like him. Similar to how they targeted White out of Pa last year. I hope it pays off. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Demas was denied his transfer, and is ineligible for his senior season unless he goes to a private school or somewhere like IMG. Really tough break for the kid. 

Was there any doubt that his transfer was going to be denied? He lost at the local level 1-7. It is a tough situation for Demas because he got some bad advice. Then you have Tomball's head coach stating they have nothing to do with the guy from Footwork King, but other sources stating he played a part in the transfer. Demas also listing safety concerns and grades as the reason for transfer. However, he has the grades, SAT scores, and credits with no complaints of safety concerns while at North Forest. Common sense doesn't come into play when you are a star athlete on the national level. The UIL committee was put in a tough situation because if they allowed the transfer it would have opened Pandora's box. 

Saying all that, I really like the reaction from Demas. He's not happy, but he's not going to dwell on something he can't control. He's going to continue to work with Footwork King to improve himself, and I have no doubt he will be a stud at A&M.

PS - LOL at all the conspiracy theories on TexAgs regarding Texas messing this up for the kid. I'm not sure how Demas not playing his senior year helps Texas, but whatever...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Was there any doubt that his transfer was going to be denied? He lost at the local level 1-7. It is a tough situation for Demas because he got some bad advice. Then you have Tomball's head coach stating they have nothing to do with the guy from Footwork King, but other sources stating he played a part in the transfer. Demas also listing safety concerns and grades as the reason for transfer. However, he has the grades, SAT scores, and credits with no complaints of safety concerns while at North Forest. Common sense doesn't come into play when you are a star athlete on the national level. The UIL committee was put in a tough situation because if they allowed the transfer it would have opened Pandora's box. 

Saying all that, I really like the reaction from Demas. He's not happy, but he's not going to dwell on something he can't control. He's going to continue to work with Footwork King to improve himself, and I have no doubt he will be a stud at A&M.

PS - LOL at all the conspiracy theories on TexAgs regarding Texas messing this up for the kid. I'm not sure how Demas not playing his senior year helps Texas, but whatever...

I personally disagree with ANY high school kid ever being denied because of situations like this. If a kid wants to better his chances for college or a better education or whatever his reason, he should be allowed to do so. Certain schools and kids have been recruiting players or left for “family” reasons and won eligibility all the time. This case is much better than some of the ones that get granted every year. 

• Thumbs Down 1

19 hours ago, WETSU said:

Demas was denied his transfer, and is ineligible for his senior season unless he goes to a private school or somewhere like IMG. Really tough break for the kid. 

FWK was brought up a lot in the hearing check this quote out from the North Forest coach. 

FE10A092-65E2-42FE-8F8C-1D2E15EF2BFC.png

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

FWK was brought up a lot in the hearing check this quote out from the North Forest coach. 

FE10A092-65E2-42FE-8F8C-1D2E15EF2BFC.png

I don’t believe this at all. I think the NF coaches are just butthurt about this and making a stink. The footwork king works with so many kids both college and high school. I just don’t think this guy is a “handler” in any way. There’s just no proof of it and there have been so many kids from so many schools involved that something might have leaked out by now. 

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t believe this at all. I think the NF coaches are just butthurt about this and making a stink. The footwork king works with so many kids both college and high school. I just don’t think this guy is a “handler” in any way. There’s just no proof of it and there have been so many kids from so many schools involved that something might have leaked out by now. 

I don’t believe he was shopping Demas for Demas, I think he was shopping Demas for Dunn the QB at Tomball. Demas is living with the Dunn family while going to school at Tomball. 

32 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The "Footwork King" has been working with Dunn since he was a freshman. I don't know if Whitfield is a handler, but I do know that he advises kids where they should attend school. Now I don't think he pushes any school over another necessarily. Here's a quote from him: “I got a really good relationship with these boys,” Whitfield said. “They trust me to help them make the best decision for where they’re gonna’ play ball at.” 

Now if it's true that Demas is living with the Dunn family while attending Tomball, the UIL was 100% correct in denying eligibility. Note that Demas is still allowed to attend Tomball High School. A lot of complaining out on the net with people stating they should be able to put their kid in any school they choose. Well they can, if the school accepts the transfer. However, extracurricular sports in Texas public schools is under the UIL... not the local district. Like I said earlier, the kid got some bad advice on how to handle this.

22 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

The "Footwork King" has been working with Dunn since he was a freshman. I don't know if Whitfield is a handler, but I do know that he advises kids where they should attend school. Now I don't think he pushes any school over another necessarily. Here's a quote from him: “I got a really good relationship with these boys,” Whitfield said. “They trust me to help them make the best decision for where they’re gonna’ play ball at.” 

Now if it's true that Demas is living with the Dunn family while attending Tomball, the UIL was 100% correct in denying eligibility. Note that Demas is still allowed to attend Tomball High School. A lot of complaining out on the net with people stating they should be able to put their kid in any school they choose. Well they can, if the school accepts the transfer. However, extracurricular sports in Texas public schools is under the UIL... not the local district. Like I said earlier, the kid got some bad advice on how to handle this.

I don’t disagree that he advises kids on where to go to school from time to time. Which to me makes it even better for him seeing as how he has kids going to lots of schools. He doesn’t appear to have been bought by one school or anything like that. 

And yes I agree he can go to tomball and it’s still a better situation. I’m just saying that imo, a high school athlete should be allowed to move and do whatever he feels is best for him. It’s all about giving these young men their best chance to succeed. If a kid wants to attend a different school and live with someone else and both families sign off on it, I personally don’t see the problem. I understand the rules, I just think the rules are dumb. 

And yes the high school I support has been on the “losing” side of this where a kid transferred to another school essentially for sports only. I still am okay with it. The state has no business telling kids where they can or can’t play sports in high school. The only rule in place should be no transferring mid season. Other than that I feel it’s okay. That’s just my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And yes the high school I support has been on the “losing” side of this where a kid transferred to another school essentially for sports only. I still am okay with it. The state has no business telling kids where they can or can’t play sports in high school. The only rule in place should be no transferring mid season. Other than that I feel it’s okay. That’s just my opinion. 

I can respect that. Being on the coaching side of it, I can appreciate the rules regarding transferring for athletic purposes from the UIL. When I coached baseball, I had countless parents (dads mostly) ask about transferring their son to play baseball for me. First thing that comes to mind - is this guy trying to set me up and get me in trouble for recruiting students from out of district. I was always generic with my answer explaining the UIL rules for transferring. Telling them if it was for athletic purposes the player would have to sit out of varsity competition for a calendar year, and the AD would have to sign off from the player's previous school. I think the rule is a good rule that keeps athletes from hopping from one school to another. Otherwise, the players and parents would run the programs. Just take select youth sports as an example. 

Something else that no one seems to point out. The UIL did not deny Demas from playing football. They denied him from playing varsity football. I know it sounds ridiculous because he's a senior and one of the nation's top WRs, but those are the rules in Texas High School athletics.

There are no rules for this regarding private schools, right? Or they are at least very loose rules? I recall several kids from my high school transferring mid year to play private school sports. Yet, when I left private school for public school, our family had to pick up and move 5 miles down the road just for me to be in the district.  I agree with WET, the rules are dumb. 

14 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

There are no rules for this regarding private schools, right? Or they are at least very loose rules? I recall several kids from my high school transferring mid year to play private school sports. Yet, when I left private school for public school, our family had to pick up and move 5 miles down the road just for me to be in the district.  I agree with WET, the rules are dumb. 

There are a few larger private schools that play in public school districts, but they have to follow UIL rules. I believe TAPPS is the governing body for private school athletics. And yes, they are very loose on the rules, but it's hard to enforce transfer rules when the student is actually paying tuition at a private school. 

• Like 1

Here's the thing, if he truly wants to play varsity football, he is still eligible at North Forest. An athlete in UIL is always eligible somewhere. (The only exception would be the 15 day waiting period if you transfer after school has started). 

I think the rule is a good rule. If a player is enrolling in a different school because the family moved for a job relocation, for example, that's one thing. If the player is truly in a 'dangerous' situation at home...abusive parent, drugs, etc...then that should also be taken into account. Either would need to be proven, however, for obvious reasons. 

If a kid simply wants to transfer from one school to another for extracurricular reasons, then as a parent, I do not agree that allowing my kid to bounce from one place to another is good for them, in any way. Stability is important for a youth. Commitment is important for a youth. Loyalty. Development. All these things are vitally important for a youth, and none of them are accomplished when you start teaching them to bounce from one place to another, that the grass is greener on the other side. Heck, even as an adult, try interviewing for a job with a resume that shows you've bounced for one job to another, and try explaining it, and see how likely you are to get that job; and that's not even taking into account the other areas I mentioned that are crucially important for a kid. 

22 minutes ago, TxFight said:

Here's the thing, if he truly wants to play varsity football, he is still eligible at North Forest. An athlete in UIL is always eligible somewhere. (The only exception would be the 15 day waiting period if you transfer after school has started). 

TAPPS is the way around everything. There is a nationally ranked DB for Klein Oak that had to sit out a year for a disciplinary purposes. Instead of sitting out, he transferred to a private school in Dallas, did their version of "alternative placement" and will now be playing varsity football for a different program in the Houston area than where he started his HS career...

16 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Can yall verify that Fong and Perroni both put in CB picks for Evans to Georgia?

Fong put his in for Georgia a couple of weeks ago. Perroni put one in for Georgia in the last couple of days I believe. 

6 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I don’t understand why a Texas talent like Evans would want to go to an out of state school like Georgia when both Texas A&M and Texas programs are trending in a positive direction? 

Just like Bolling from Jesuit in Houston going to UGA to run track rather than staying in state with A&M, UT or others. It’ll never make sense to me. I think I’m just too sentimental and proud of the state of Texas, and think lots of the kids these days just don’t care as much as some of us earlier models do.

UGA had a video about their football team racing on the track and Bolling surprised them all by showing up mid-race to run the anchor leg for one of the teams. I think Georgia would be a very nice place to attend college and run track, but he’s from Texas not really anywhere near Athens, GA. Maybe that’s part of it for him though.

Oh well.

6 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I don’t understand why a Texas talent like Evans would want to go to an out of state school like Georgia when both Texas A&M and Texas programs are trending in a positive direction? 

It’s likely That 5 of the top 6 backs in Texas leave the state. The only one looking likely to stay right now is the 4th back, Achane, who is really being recruited as a slot WR by everyone but A&M. It’s definitely a trend this cycle.