Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

8 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I don’t understand why a Texas talent like Evans would want to go to an out of state school like Georgia when both Texas A&M and Texas programs are trending in a positive direction? 

This is easy to answer. 

Evans believes he’s a 3 year player wherever he goes. He also knows that RBs have a short shelf life in earning money to play this game. Last year ATMs Williams had 271 carries Georgia’s Swift had 163. Georgia also has the better oline between Texas and ATM. Georgia also has made the playoffs and played for a National Championship and look closer to winning one than any instate program. 

With Evans it’s all about the NFL/$$ and right now Georgia is the easiest and least wear/tear path to get there. 

Most think Evans will remain open until the ink dries on NSD2. So if either or both instate schools prove to be a better or as good of a situation as Georgia then I believe he’ll stay closer to home. 

56 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

This is easy to answer. 

Evans believes he’s a 3 year player wherever he goes. He also knows that RBs have a short shelf life in earning money to play this game. Last year ATMs Williams had 271 carries Georgia’s Swift had 163. Georgia also has the better oline between Texas and ATM. Georgia also has made the playoffs and played for a National Championship and look closer to winning one than any instate program. 

With Evans it’s all about the NFL/$$ and right now Georgia is the easiest and least wear/tear path to get there. 

Most think Evans will remain open until the ink dries on NSD2. So if either or both instate schools prove to be a better or as good of a situation as Georgia then I believe he’ll stay closer to home. 

Can’t wait for this kid to be an Aggie after Fisher pulls the upset in Athens! 😉

• LOL! 1

47 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Can’t wait for this kid to be an Aggie after Fisher pulls the upset in Athens! 😉

He may be an Aggie in the end but a single win won’t matter. This is the kid that gave a quote saying “Texas win vs USC last year was a good win but he was waiting to see how good Texas looked vs a good defense like OU.”

Thats a real quote. IMO I think Texas is out  and it will come down to who can sell him on getting his numbers without a huge workload. I think the reason Georgia is getting the crystal balls is because they can say he and Milton can share the load and still get numbers. 

8 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He may be an Aggie in the end but a single win won’t matter. This is the kid that gave a quote saying “Texas win vs USC last year was a good win but he was waiting to see how good Texas looked vs a good defense like OU.”

Thats a real quote. IMO I think Texas is out  and it will come down to who can sell him on getting his numbers without a huge workload. I think the reason Georgia is getting the crystal balls is because they can say he and Milton can share the load and still get numbers. 

Oh it was a joke. I do however think this recruitment will be a long one. The real question will be who gets hosed late for this kid. Not many programs are going to want to wait around on him to decide late, and if he does decide late and a spot isn’t there, Evans is good enough somebody is losing their spot. So basically some 3 star somewhere committed to a team is going to be having a bad day sometime in the future. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Anybody know what the starting CB did to get suspended? Just asking because when asked if it was one game, Jimbo said we'll see.

It’s unknown at this point. Anything talked is just rumor, but the rumor I’ve seen (and there is ZERO evidence backing this) is that he failed a random in in house drug test sometime in the offseason and will likely sit the first week and be back for Clemson. But there’s no proof of that at all so just take it for what it’s worth. 

True story - I work with a girl who is an Aggie grad. We are jeans casual in the office, so on gamedays we get to wear our school/team apparel to work. We had a meeting this morning and she strolled in to the conference room yelling about it being Aggie game day. I turned around she was wearing a t-shirt with the SEC logo in huge print. I said, "you're not wearing your A&M shirt, what's up with that?" She replied, "Yeah but this one is my favorite."

😑😑😑😑😑😑

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

True story - I work with a girl who is an Aggie grad. We are jeans casual in the office, so on gamedays we get to wear our school/team apparel to work. We had a meeting this morning and she strolled in to the conference room yelling about it being Aggie game day. I turned around she was wearing a t-shirt with the SEC logo in huge print. I said, "you're not wearing your A&M shirt, what's up with that?" She replied, "Yeah but this one is my favorite."

😑😑😑😑😑😑

Not surprised.

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Antonio Doyle decommits from Mizzou and Fong has put A&M in as the favorite. 

He was thought to be an Aggie lean when he committed to mizzou. He looks like he will possibly be heading to A&M with Manning and Antonio Johnson. If that happens, it’s possible that in 2021 or so, A&M might have 7 or 8 defensive starters from outside the great state of Texas. Shots fired at all you wanna be WRs who need to be learning OLB or corner. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M only had 7 ints all of 2018. They had 4 last night. I know it was Texas state, but that’s a good sign because even against subpar competition last year they couldn’t do that. 

Exactly. 

There were several mistakes. Multiple Ausbon drops, Rogers fumble on the 1, Mond pick in the end zone (good play by the defender), and several missed assignments on the OL. 

Have to clean those up if we want any chance at beating Clemson. 

56 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Exactly. 

There were several mistakes. Multiple Ausbon drops, Rogers fumble on the 1, Mond pick in the end zone (good play by the defender), and several missed assignments on the OL. 

Have to clean those up if we want any chance at beating Clemson. 

Agreed. I was encouraged by the defense though even with the level of competition. They played the ball in the air much better than last year. Also, the linebackers are much better. Both have speed that will enable them to make plays that Alaka and Dodson simply couldn’t.