Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

3 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I would certainly bet on A&M covering. I expected to see Clemson favored, but not by 20

That’s probably why the line is that high. Nobody is taking A&M in a heads up, so they set the line high to get A&M betters involved. 

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

I’m not sure they cover that spread. 

That Clemson DL is going to be extremely difficult to get any rushing attack going and if Texas State can get to Mond as much as they did just imagine what Clemson will do on their home turf.

Lawrence didn’t play very well the other night, but I bet he’ll be himself against the Aggies. He may have been a little too casual. Thinking with the Aggies coming in he’ll be focused.

I’m actually thinking Clemson DOES cover 19.5

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That Clemson DL is going to be extremely difficult to get any rushing attack going and if Texas State can get to Mond as much as they did just imagine what Clemson will do on their home turf.

Lawrence didn’t play very well the other night, but I bet he’ll be himself against the Aggies. He may have been a little too casual. Thinking with the Aggies coming in he’ll be focused.

I’m actually thinking Clemson DOES cover 19.5

All valid points. But Clemson showed some holes in their game as well against a Georgia tech team learning to play real football for the first time in 10 years...  Lots of teams are sloppy week one and get some issues cleaned up. I didn’t see anything from either team that just makes me think this is going to be a 3 possession game or worse. I’ll either be right or be eating crow come Sunday morning. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

All valid points. But Clemson showed some holes in their game as well against a Georgia tech team learning to play real football for the first time in 10 years...  Lots of teams are sloppy week one and get some issues cleaned up. I didn’t see anything from either team that just makes me think this is going to be a 3 possession game or worse. I’ll either be right or be eating crow come Sunday morning. 

That’s true, Clemson wasn’t lights out either.

We’ll see what happens, I know quite a few Aggies who are attending the game!

I think the Aggie defense matches up well to the Clemson offense. I bet they pressure Lawrence into a couple picks. 

Same with the Aggie O vs. Clemson D, I don't think it's a mismatch either. 

I think this game is gonna come down to the wire. 

I don't think this one will be close. Clemson will not underestimate the Aggies this year. This is one of the few ranked opponents they will face all year. With the goal being another National championship, Dabo will have them ready and I dont look for him to let off the gas. I'm taking Clemson and giving up the 19.5. Clemson 42- A&M 21. 

20 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I don't think this one will be close. Clemson will not underestimate the Aggies this year. This is one of the few ranked opponents they will face all year. With the goal being another National championship, Dabo will have them ready and I dont look for him to let off the gas. I'm taking Clemson and giving up the 19.5. Clemson 42- A&M 21. 

Bout what I’m thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OkieATMfan said:

Saw an A&M lineman guaranteed a victory today. Not usually a fan of that kinda stuff. Wonder what Jimbo thought about it.

He was sort of baited into it. They asked if the conditions were ripe for an upset and he said “yes there will be an upset.” 

I hate this type of stuff from players, but what’s he supposed to say? “Gee I sure hope we have a chance for an upset.” I am glad the guys are confident and not coming into this with a “I hope we can” mentality. It’s going to take some low hanging gonads to go into their house and beat them.