Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

I know it’s been a rough week for A&M and it’s fans losing to auburn, but it’s comical how losing to the number 8 team with a top 10 defense is all of the sudden making them a team that would lose to Iowa st. What a joke. 

Oh like I said earlier... As if right on cue several of them crawled out of their hole and were bold enough to come troll here. Says a lot. They need attention that they're lacking in life. I say don't give it to them, other than to laugh at them. 😛

That said, I don't think eagle is a troll (most aren't but the ones who are are pretty obvious lol)... Just has a different opinion. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Good conversation has been had.  Aggies get upset when others don’t agree with them.  It’s okay.  It’s funny to the rest of us.  Just because you disagree with somebody doesn’t mean they’re trolling you, it just means you disagree.  We’ve already learned something about SOS.  The only SOS that figures into the CFP committees decision (therefore the only one that matters)  is their own personal opinions.  When asked to display their data on SOS they can’t give it because it’s figured many different ways.  Some look at “best losses” if everybody has one, some looks at total schedule, some give no credence to fcs competition games.  

Some people are just too emotionally invested in their programs Champ.  

• Stinks 1

15 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ah well.... You should've seen him those years that Longview was humiliating Hallsville every year. He scrambled to excuses and crying that Longview players were classless or something because they beat his Bobcats so badly. No surprise he decided to crawl out of his hole this week after A&M lost to a Top 10 team to show his face and troll. 

Assuming you are referencing me.

JohnnyFootball you have me confused with someone else in regards to coming out of a hole and most particularly when it comes to Hallsville football.  I have not actively posted about Hallsville football since 2017.  And, if you or others go back and read through my comments about Hallsville football you will repeatedly see that I say that we are NOT good in football, never have been and never will be, and that we are a baseball school.  In reference to specifically mentioning Hallsville versus Longview in football games please scroll back to the Week 11: Hallsville vs Longview thread dated November 2015.  You will NOT see derogatory comments from me.  The next opportunity for Longview comments are in the same thread title but dated November 2014.  I DID comment on the sportsmanship of the game where at least one Longview player was kicked out due to poor sportsmanship and commented about how another poor sportsmanship event happened when a Longview player backpedaled into the end zone that was not called.  You must read the entire comment while in context. There WAS a poster (El Deleto) in that thread from Hallsville  that DID comment on Longview being classless but it was not me.  Get your facts straight when talking about me.  I have no delusions when it comes to Hallsville football.  Read all of my posts about Hallsville football and it will become clear to you.  Additionally, IF you read my high school football comments about Longview the ONLY time that I came close to dissing the team was when I complained about your fans’ expectation about NOT winning a State Championship.  I spoke about how Hallsville is just happy to make the playoffs as a 4th place team and that Longview fans are spoiled when it comes to winning.  But all of that was written in a supportive way to the Longview program.  If you should find any consistent derogatory comments about Longview versus Hallsville football then kindly bring it to my attention and I will gladly apologize.  Otherwise....

Regarding The University of Texas football program, yes I AM ALL IN with them as I AM an alum of that prestigious school.  However, again, if you read my multiple posts about them through the years you will see that I am usually reasonable in my posting.  Apparently the comments by me and other fans in the A&M thread HAS touched a sensitive nerve with the faithful or else such responses would not have been forthcoming.  Like it or not, A&M has ALWAYS been goofed on in the state of Texas and now that A&M is part of the vaunted SEC they are now goofed on by their conference mates as well.  Call it trolling or whatever, but it is what it is.  A&M is different.  Realize that and get over it.  Besides that, there are some comments that have left the door wide open for some snide comment. And that applies to ALL fan bases.

I do NOT need the "attention" garnered from a message board to fill any void in my life.   But I am giving myself "attention" in this point because, according to you I need that attention.  I am highly  successful in my field  of work.  I have been with the same company for 30 years and have progressed  through the ranks.  I have been fortunate enough to travel to 28 different countries and throughout the USA.  I have raised two kids that have both graduated from college (UT and SFA) and both are successful in their respective fields of study.  I have a brand new granddaughter and one on the way.  I can travel and do what I want and when I want.  I am presently writing this from Perth, Australia by the way. There, I have gained my internet fame and attention.

Lastly, IF you have read my post about the A&M strength of schedule I prefaced it with IMO.  That is it; my OPINION.  Perhaps it was semantics in what I was trying to convey but the SEC's mid-level to bottom dwellers and other occasional upstarts poach off of the top teams’ rankings. I do not need someone correcting me on how things work as my level of intelligence to comprehend is there.  Further to that point, I do not have the disposable hours in my life to be a chronic message board squatter pouring over countless amount of data (this post exempted).  I have been around long enough and am exposed to enough information for most things to pass the eyeball test.  I like to call it “The Reasonable Man Theory”. However, that seems to fall on the other side of the fence for many people.

Yes, this rant is lengthy and defensive because it did touch a nerve in your stating things that I did not say and assuming that posting on here fills a void in my life.  It was personal and NOT about some stupid football team.

I typically respect most of your posts about Aggie football, etc. as you are typically not the sunshine poster that WETSU is.  I would have expected more from you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

JohnnyFootball you have me confused with someone else in regards to coming out of a hole and most particularly when it comes to Hallsville football.  I have not actively posted about Hallsville football since 2017.  And, if you or others go back and read through my comments about Hallsville football you will repeatedly see that I say that we are NOT good in football, never have been and never will be, and that we are a baseball school.  In reference to specifically mentioning Hallsville versus Longview in football games please scroll back to the Week 11: Hallsville vs Longview thread dated November 2015.  You will NOT see derogatory comments from me.  The next opportunity for Longview comments are in the same thread title but dated November 2014.  I DID comment on the sportsmanship of the game where at least one Longview player was kicked out due to poor sportsmanship and commented about how another poor sportsmanship event happened when a Longview player backpedaled into the end zone that was not called.  You must read the entire comment while in context. There WAS a poster (El Deleto) in that thread from Hallsville  that DID comment on Longview being classless but it was not me.  Get your facts straight when talking about me.  I have no delusions when it comes to Hallsville football.  Read all of my posts about Hallsville football and it will become clear to you.  Additionally, IF you read my high school football comments about Longview the ONLY time that I came close to dissing the team was when I complained about your fans’ expectation about NOT winning a State Championship.  I spoke about how Hallsville is just happy to make the playoffs as a 4th place team and that Longview fans are spoiled when it comes to winning.  But all of that was written in a supportive way to the Longview program.  If you should find any consistent derogatory comments about Longview versus Hallsville football then kindly bring it to my attention and I will gladly apologize.  Otherwise....

Regarding The University of Texas football program, yes I AM ALL IN with them as I AM an alum of that prestigious school.  However, again, if you read my multiple posts about them through the years you will see that I am usually reasonable in my posting.  Apparently the comments by me and other fans in the A&M thread HAS touched a sensitive nerve with the faithful or else such responses would not have been forthcoming.  Like it or not, A&M has ALWAYS been goofed on in the state of Texas and now that A&M is part of the vaunted SEC they are now goofed on by their conference mates as well.  Call it trolling or whatever, but it is what it is.  A&M is different.  Realize that and get over it.  Besides that, there are some comments that have left the door wide open for some snide comment.

I do NOT need the "attention" garnered from a message board to fill any void in my life.   But I am giving myself "attention" in this point because, according to you I need that attention.  I am highly  successful in my field  of work.  I have been with the same company for 30 years and have progressed  through the ranks.  I have been fortunate enough to travel to 28 different countries and throughout the USA.  I have raised two kids that have both graduated from college (UT and SFA) and both are successful in their respective fields of study.  I have a brand new granddaughter and one on the way.  I can travel and do what I want and when I want.  I am presently writing this from Perth, Australia by the way. There, I have gained my internet fame and attention.

Lastly, IF you have read my post about the A&M strength of schedule I prefaced it with IMO.  That is it; my OPINION.  Perhaps it was semantics in what I was trying to convey but the SEC's mid-level to bottom dwellers and other occasional upstarts poach off of the top teams’ rankings. I do not need someone correcting me on how things work as my level of intelligence to comprehend is there.  Further to that point, I do not have the disposable hours in my life to be a chronic message board squatter pouring over countless amount of data (this post exempted).  I have been around long enough and am exposed to enough information for most things to pass the eyeball test.  I like to call it “The Reasonable Man Theory”. However, that seems to fall on the other side of the fence for many people.

Yes, this rant is lengthy and defensive because it did touch a nerve in your stating things that I did not say and assuming that posting on here fills a void in my life.  It was personal and NOT about some stupid football team.

I typically respect most of your posts about Aggie football, etc. as you are typically not the sunshine poster that WETSU is.  I would have expected more from you.

I think it’s comical you think I’m a sunshine pumper. I’m more like a normal fan while you are a obsessive hater. But I can see how your lack of football knowledge confuses you to think that about me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think it’s comical you think I’m a sunshine pumper. I’m more like a normal fan while you are a obsessive hater. But I can see how your lack of football knowledge confuses you to think that about me. 

Not surprised in your caustic reply.  Hate is an awfully strong word.  It is usually associated with someone or something that has caused harm to another or some sort of jealousy regarding the desire to have something that the other has that one wants, hence the hate that it cannot be had.  A&M has done nothing to me nor does it have anything that I want.  If I were to describe my feelings about A&M at this point I would probably subscribe to the word "pity".  Pity in the fact that much of the fan base cannot or will not accept the idea that they struggle for relevance in the major sporting world (football) and that "next year" will be the year, Jimbo is the man, the "next recruiting class" will deliver us to the Promised Land.  Being in the SEC is the apex of the program.

Just as I chastised JohnnyFootball about reading my previous posts I suggest you do the same regarding Texas and A&M football.  I believe that your take is all wrong.  You assert yourself as some kind of football savant and vehemently defend your positions in moments of disagreements.  I know plenty about football.  Enough to know that I know what I am talking about.  Heck, just in the past week you have vacillated all over the place in the A&M thread.  Let me paraphrase a few quotes of yours for you:

"Mond has everything you want in a QB.  He just is not a gamer."

"A&M has similar talent as Auburn does.  Just not as fast."

"Jimbo needs to do a better job at coaching/playcalling.  He is relying on out-talenting the competition.  You can't do that against Auburn."

"Mond is an average QB at best."

No, I am not confused about what I think of you.  The proof is in your writings.

• Thanks 6
  • Stinks 1

44 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Not surprised in your caustic reply.  Hate is an awfully strong word.  It is usually associated with someone or something that has caused harm to another or some sort of jealousy regarding the desire to have something that the other has that one wants, hence the hate that it cannot be had.  A&M has done nothing to me nor does it have anything that I want.  If I were to describe my feelings about A&M at this point I would probably subscribe to the word "pity".  Pity in the fact that much of the fan base cannot or will not accept the idea that they struggle for relevance in the major sporting world (football) and that "next year" will be the year, Jimbo is the man, the "next recruiting class" will deliver us to the Promised Land.  Being in the SEC is the apex of the program.

Just as I chastised JohnnyFootball about reading my previous posts I suggest you do the same regarding Texas and A&M football.  I believe that your take is all wrong.  You assert yourself as some kind of football savant and vehemently defend your positions in moments of disagreements.  I know plenty about football.  Enough to know that I know what I am talking about.  Heck, just in the past week you have vacillated all over the place in the A&M thread.  Let me paraphrase a few quotes of yours for you:

"Jimbo needs to do a better job at coaching/playcalling.  He is relying on out-talenting the competition.  You can't do that against Auburn."

No, I am not confused about what I think of you.  The proof is in your writings.

You know as much about football as my dog does. That much is clear by your post. I would LOVE to have highly intelligent football talks with this board. You and a couple of others can’t keep up though. You drag threads down your nonsense. I defend my position because arguing with a few of you is like talking to liberals. You can’t even have a logical conversation because you move the goalpost or ignore cold hard facts. Then regurgitate the same thing a few days later. Truthfully it’s probably my fault for feeding into the stupidity, but I don’t come to this board for aggie worship. I come here to talk sports, but it only last so long before something stupid comes about. 

An example would be I would love to be able to get on here and discuss the problems I have with Jimbos playcalling. Get on and talk Xs and Os.  The problem is someone like you will get on with some stupid “aggy is just mediocre always has been and always will be” argument instead of talking football and derail everything into what we generally have on this board. It’s because a few of you have the football IQ of middle school cheerleaders.

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You know as much about football as my dog does. That much is clear by your post. I would LOVE to have highly intelligent football talks with this board. You and a couple of others can’t keep up though. You drag threads down your nonsense. I defend my position because arguing with a few of you is like talking to liberals. You can’t even have a logical conversation because you move the goalpost or ignore cold hard facts. Then regurgitate the same thing a few days later. Truthfully it’s probably my fault for feeding into the stupidity, but I don’t come to this board for aggie worship. I come here to talk sports, but it only last so long before something stupid comes about. 

An example would be I would love to be able to get on here and discuss the problems I have with Jimbos playcalling. Get on and talk Xs and Os.  The problem is someone like you will get on with some stupid “aggy is just mediocre always has been and always will be” argument instead of talking football and derail everything into what we generally have on this board. 

Sorry, but what is it?  Intelligent football talk?  Reference your statements below.  You cannot even make up your mind about Mond.

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Sorry, but what is it?  Intelligent football talk?  Reference your statements below.  You cannot even make up your mind about Mond.

Case and point. You don’t even understand what you’re reading there...

Mond does have everything you need in a successful college QB. He’s intelligent pre snap, he’s got the arm to make the throws needed, he’s strong enough to take hits and has enough legs to make an offense work. The problem is he doesn’t have the it factor. He doesn’t have that clutch I’ll make this throw into double coverage or I’ll scramble for the first down gene. He is a guy that will do everything right in practice but when the lights come on you’re disappointed. It’s not that he does tons of things wrong, it’s just he doesn’t “win” the game for you with his play. Polar opposite of what you guys have in Sam. Sam isn’t a great qb because he is just better than Mond tools wise. He’s better because he knows how to improvise and “win” on third down or make a clutch play when needed. I am not sure what you aren’t capable of comprehending about those comments on Mond, but it again just shows you don’t know much about the game. 

But it’s not just football talk. We can be talking about strength of schedule and someone always says the sec is overrated because it’s too heavy. What conference isn’t? What conference is more than just 3-4 teams on top usually with 3-4 more making a run every few years followed by 3-4 teams on the bottom? What doesn’t make sense about “ranking” teams in the conference and then comparing them to their counterpart in another conference to debate which conference is better/deeper? 

The truth is there are 3-4 decent longhorn posters on this board who understand the game and while having different opinions on conference issues still “get it.” Then there’s 3-4 (you’re in this group) that dont really understand the game of football from a Xs and Os standpoint, don’t understand football lingo like what a gamer is, and can’t hold a intelligent conversation about conference talk because you think the sec is overrated simply because they get talked about on the tv a lot. Recruiting rankings, overall conference vs conference winning percentage, nfl draft, and other factors all point towards the sec being exactly what everyone says they are. A more talented conference than the big 12. It’s just different. Deal with it. 🙄

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Case and point. You don’t even understand what you’re reading there...

Mond does have everything you need in a successful college QB. He’s intelligent pre snap, he’s got the arm to make the throws needed, he’s strong enough to take hits and has enough legs to make an offense work. The problem is he doesn’t have the it factor. He doesn’t have that clutch I’ll make this throw into double coverage or I’ll scramble for the first down gene. He is a guy that will do everything right in practice but when the lights come on you’re disappointed. It’s not that he does tons of things wrong, it’s just he doesn’t “win” the game for you with his play. Polar opposite of what you guys have in Sam. Sam isn’t a great qb because he is just better than Mond tools wise. He’s better because he knows how to improvise and “win” on third down or make a clutch play when needed. I am not sure what you aren’t capable of comprehending about those comments on Mond, but it again just shows you don’t know much about the game. 

But it’s not just football talk. We can be talking about strength of schedule and someone always says the sec is overrated because it’s too heavy. What conference isn’t? What conference is more than just 3-4 teams on top usually with 3-4 more making a run every few years followed by 3-4 teams on the bottom? What doesn’t make sense about “ranking” teams in the conference and then comparing them to their counterpart in another conference to debate which conference is better/deeper? 

The truth is there are 3-4 decent longhorn posters on this board who understand the game and while having different opinions on conference issues still “get it.” Then there’s 3-4 (you’re in this group) that dont really understand the game of football from a Xs and Os standpoint, don’t understand football lingo like what a gamer is, and can’t hold a intelligent conversation about conference talk because you think the sec is overrated simply because they get talked about on the tv a lot. Recruiting rankings, overall conference vs conference winning percentage, nfl draft, and other factors all point towards the sec being exactly what everyone says they are. A more talented conference than the big 12. It’s just different. Deal with it. 🙄

Wrong. Wrong Wrong.  I know what "it" is and if you don't know what "it" is then you don't have "it".  I have lived it.  Though I did not play football collegiately I did have the opportunity to play baseball in college.  I know what "it" is and Mond does not have "it" like you said.  Therefore he does not have everything you need in a QB.  Some difference making players can get away with having a deficiency or two but not a QB.  Like it or not the QB is the face of the team and typically how the QB goes so goes the team. Conference talk and touting how great the SEC is.  X's and O's, yep, I  get all of that.  A&M's place in the SEC is the same as it was in the SWC and the B12.  X's and O's?  Jimbo is not letting Mond do what he does best.

I do not even post enough for you to make a declaration of what I do or do not know.

Your arrogance precedes everything about you.

• Like 5
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

An example would be I would love to be able to get on here and discuss the problems I have with Jimbos playcalling. Get on and talk Xs and Os.  The problem is someone like you will get on with some stupid “aggy is just mediocre always has been and always will be” argument instead of talking football and derail everything into what we generally have on this board. It’s because a few of you have the football IQ of middle school cheerleaders.

You are proving his point.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

LSU's defense is good but their offensive philosophy now affects their defense. They're not going to shut teams down completely any more like they used to- their offense gives the ball back too quickly. They gave up 38 to Vanderbilt. 

That's a good point. I haven't seen much of Auburn's defense so I was genuinely curious how they stacked against LSU's 

11 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Regarding The University of Texas football program, yes I AM ALL IN with them as I AM an alum of that prestigious school.  However, again, if you read my multiple posts about them through the years you will see that I am usually reasonable in my posting.  Apparently the comments by me and other fans in the A&M thread HAS touched a sensitive nerve with the faithful or else such responses would not have been forthcoming.  Like it or not, A&M has ALWAYS been goofed on in the state of Texas and now that A&M is part of the vaunted SEC they are now goofed on by their conference mates as well.  Call it trolling or whatever, but it is what it is.  A&M is different.  Realize that and get over it.  Besides that, there are some comments that have left the door wide open for some snide comment. And that applies to ALL fan bases.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 4

Barring an upset (either by A&M or of A&M) this year is going to be tough to judge the Aggies due to their schedule. Either they are playing teams that are very average to awful (Texas State, Lamar, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, UTSA, South Carolina) or they are playing teams that are well above average to elite (Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU). They could go 7-5 and we won't know whether they are a top 50 team or a top 15 team. They literally do not play anyone that we could say is a fringe top 25 team to get an accurate read on where A&M falls. I think we'd all agree that those 5 probable losses (Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU) are  5 of the top 15 teams in the nation. And we can also probably safely agree that none of their probable 7 wins (Texas State, Lamer, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, UTSA, South Carolina) will crack the top 50. 

7 minutes ago, TxFight said:

Barring an upset (either by A&M or of A&M) this year is going to be tough to judge the Aggies due to their schedule. Either they are playing teams that are very average to awful (Texas State, Lamar, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, UTSA, South Carolina) or they are playing teams that are well above average to elite (Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU). They could go 7-5 and we won't know whether they are a top 50 team or a top 15 team. They literally do not play anyone that we could say is a fringe top 25 team to get an accurate read on where A&M falls. I think we'd all agree that those 5 probable losses (Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU) are  5 of the top 15 teams in the nation. And we can also probably safely agree that none of their probable 7 wins (Texas State, Lamer, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, UTSA, South Carolina) will crack the top 50. 

Excellent point... I hope to see our boys improve. So far, the OL has regressed. Hopefully this season will help them get some starts and confidence under their belts. They'll get a few wins and the chance to go against some of the best DLs in the nation. Hopefully next year that translates to good experience  and knowing what to expect. 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Strange. Wasn't he the strength coach when Oklahoma was actually able to beat an SEC team? 

I tend remember him as the strength coach who wrecked the O-Line from 2008- 2013 until Bedenbaugh set him straight, but do as you please. 

If that is how this stuff works then maybe Fisher should recruit a team for the Big 12 because your best team in the SEC was a team full of Big 12 recruits lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1