Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

12 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

They haven't looked as good as I expected most of the season. I think Auburn is a good team, but I still don't believe they are one of the 10 best teams in the country. I fully expected A&M to win that game. And you're right, there's a lot of this game left, so they could very well go in to win big, they just haven't been impressive so far in this first half, against a team that lost to San Jose State. 

This offense is not built to blow anyone with a pulse out. They milk the clock and do not have explosive ability for easy TDs. So all season long you’ll see them not beat teams the way they should. Mostly because when you lack explosion, you have to rely on many more consecutive plays without a negative that cost you a drive and that’s not always going to happen so scores are closer than they should be. 

Im not concerned with the score or how they even looked in the first half at this point, because we know what this team is now. It’s a team that has some talent in some places, but lacks explosive plays on offense and doesn’t have a elite pass rusher or playmaking safety to help generate big plays on defense. 

I’m not sure what the the SDE thought he was doing on that play. He literally has crashed and left HUGE holes on the outside on a defense that predicated on containment. I mean he didn’t use his hands at all. Just ran straight in head down. Only think I can gather is he thought a blitzing backer was coming outside him or it was a twist where nobody else twisted, but that’s happened multiple times today right at him. 

This defense is missing Elam big time, 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

This offense is not built to blow anyone with a pulse out. They milk the clock and do not have explosive ability for easy TDs. So all season long you’ll see them not beat teams the way they should. Mostly because when you lack explosion, you have to rely on many more consecutive plays without a negative that cost you a drive and that’s not always going to happen so scores are closer than they should be. 

Im not concerned with the score or how they even looked in the first half at this point, because we know what this team is now. It’s a team that has some talent in some places, but lacks explosive plays on offense and doesn’t have a elite pass rusher or playmaking safety to help generate big plays on defense. 

Playmakers like Smith, Davis, and Ausbon say they do have potential for explosive plays. A bad offensive line says they are not built to milk the clock.

This is not a good team right now. A&M gets a much needed week off to figure things out before a brutal stretch in their schedule...

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Playmakers like Smith, Davis, and Ausbon say they do have potential for explosive plays. A bad offensive line says they are not built to milk the clock.

This is not a good team right now. A&M gets a much needed week off to figure things out before a brutal stretch in their schedule...

Ausbon doesn’t have an explosive bone in his body. He is a solid possession guy, but he isn’t breaking any tackles or beating anyone with speed. Smith and Davis maybe, but you don’t have to have great pass blocking for explosive plays. Plenty of teams bust screens or slants or go routes for explosive plays when you have legit speed or playmakers at WR regardless of Oline play. Maybe I’m just harder on them then I should be, but A&M looks like they have below average athleticism at the WR spot except for Smith, who just started getting reps the last two weeks or so. 

• Stinks 1

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

WET, I’m getting Jeff Fuller vibes with Ausbon. Fuller’s go to route was the slant. Pretty much the only route he was effective running. Ausbon has the comeback route. 

I seen an Arkansas reciever make a mistake. When he took a step there was a blitz, in which he should have read curl but he ran a deep slant. 

As much as the QB reads the WR's have to do the same.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

WET, I’m getting Jeff Fuller vibes with Ausbon. Fuller’s go to route was the slant. Pretty much the only route he was effective running. Ausbon has the comeback route. 

They are similar. Demas needs to be studying up film and learning the playbook in his year off from football. He has game changing ability if he can pick up the offense. Wish he was a freshman this season. 

8 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

You think they beat both Mississippi schools the way they've looked so far?  I don't.

That OL is late Mack/early Strong level bad.

Mississippi State is awful.  I’ve seen a little improvement in the Ole Miss offense but they’re not a good team either.  I’ve got the Aggies trouncing both

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

You think they beat both Mississippi schools the way they've looked so far?  I don't.

That OL is late Mack/early Strong level bad.

Lol. Not even close. The Oline is definitely struggling though. Looked like they were shuffling guys around the entire second half yesterday trying to find something. The youngest Matthews looked like he might be getting some PT soon. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

Just now, Red90fly said:

Both are average at-best, but a&m has shown nothing so far this season to say they will beat them.

A&M has not been what I expected, but both Mississippi schools would need a lot of improvement to even be considered average. 

22 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Mississippi State is awful.  I’ve seen a little improvement in the Ole Miss offense but they’re not a good team either.  I’ve got the Aggies trouncing both

Same. I'll be shocked if either game is close.