Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Call me crazy, call me old school but I will stick to my guns that a winning team is built on the lines. A good o-line can make your skill positions look better. A good d-line can do the same. I think experience is starting over talent up front. If you wanna keep Henson, fine but you gotta put your best 5 out there. Your best tackle is playing right guard. Hocker is a solid left guard. Prater is a under sized, backup who’s line calls aren’t helping Mond. 

The issues up front started a chain reaction through out the offense. Mond wasn’t bad last year with decent line play. Not trying to compare Trayveon and Spiller but the running game was better because we could establish the run. Mond is a QB who needs all aspects of the offense to be clicking for him to be successful. A bad Mond already can’t handle adversity when he’s playing subpar ball. Take his weapons away and his blocking and he’s scared poop less. 

Kendrick Rogers is a mismatch because of his size. He can make a highlight reel catch every once in a while. Between those highlight reels he couldn’t catch a cold. Ausbon is a possession who can’t stretch the field. Quartney Davis is probably the best of the bunch because he can make plays after the catch. If the QB could get him the ball. Jalen Wydermeyer is gonna be a beast. Pair him with a healthy Baylor Cupp and the middle of the field should be fun next year. 

I’m not 100% sure if Spiller is gonna be a lead back or a good split backfield back. A healthy Corbin, a Richardson with his head on right and let’s see what Achane brings to the table, this running game could be good. If they have the blocking up front and a QB who can hit the broad side of a barn.

I don’t get if it’s Mond or the play calling but why is it 10 seconds or less and trying to get guys lined up and the ball snapped with a second or two on the clock? If it’s coaching that’s awful. If it’s Mond that’s veteran mistake that shouldn’t be happening. 

Agree with the scrimmage play. SEC is super physical with depth. Better get with the program Jimbo.

IMO LSU has the best o-line in the CF.

Auburn has the best d-line.

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

Total embarrassment from A&M tonight

Hopefully, this will become a rare occurrence from 2020 and beyond. Two years of culture change. Third year need to start seeing the results of it.

5 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Agree with the scrimmage play. SEC is super physical with depth. Better get with the program Jimbo.

IMO LSU has the best o-line in the CF.

Auburn has the best d-line.

It's pretty telling how we're loading up on OL this recruiting class. Remember, this team has been an aggregate of around the 15th ranked recruiting class. 

Jimbo got like #4 last year and is looking at top 5 this season. 

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Hopefully, this will become a rare occurrence from 2020 and beyond. Two years of culture change. Third year need to start seeing the results of it.

You hate to see a performance like this in game 25 of a coaches tenure... Teams are going to come out flat from time to time sure, but you don’t see the better teams losing games like this very often. I expect this sort of looking lost and playing uninspired and poor game planning for the personnel in the first season. By game 12 of year 2, you can’t have performances like this and expect to take the next step. Especially in recruiting. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's pretty telling how we're loading up on OL this recruiting class. Remember, this team has been an aggregate of around the 15th ranked recruiting class. 

Jimbo got like #4 last year and is looking at top 5 this season. 

I’m disappointed in the staff though on the Oline recruiting this year. They have 2 guys committed that absolutely stand zero chance of ever playing meaningful minutes are A&M. A&M absolutely needs Shepherd to come in and be ready to work his tail off and take over in 2021z 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m disappointed in the staff though on the Oline recruiting this year. They have 2 guys committed that absolutely stand zero chance of ever playing meaningful minutes are A&M. A&M absolutely needs Shepherd to come in and be ready to work his tail off and take over in 2021z 

Morris and Ogunbiyi. Shepherd. Two interior guys and a tackle who can’t play barring a miracle until 2021. To go along with a ton of interior guys on campus and a sad looking tackle group. I’d love there to be a spot open up somehow, someway to bring in a grad transfer tackle to add to the mix. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

You hate to see a performance like this in game 25 of a coaches tenure... Teams are going to come out flat from time to time sure, but you don’t see the better teams losing games like this very often. I expect this sort of looking lost and playing uninspired and poor game planning for the personnel in the first season. By game 12 of year 2, you can’t have performances like this and expect to take the next step. Especially in recruiting. 

Totally agree Wetsu, this was a total drubbing, I mean bad. Remember that LSU @ Texas game earlier this year?? I did not look like the game we saw tonight. 
You can call it a one hit wonder, but I still have more trust in Texas than I do A&M and do not think A&M wants Texas in a bowl game. 

17 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Totally agree Wetsu, this was a total drubbing, I mean bad. Remember that LSU @ Texas game earlier this year?? I did not look like the game we saw tonight. 
You can call it a one hit wonder, but I still have more trust in Texas than I do A&M and do not think A&M wants Texas in a bowl game. 

Of course you don't. No bias whatsoever.

Baylor also barely beat Tech but handily beat Texas and Texas smacked Tech. 

It's like the transitive property doesn't work in College Football or something. 

A&M's losses have come to teams who have lost a combined 6 games. TCU alone has 7 losses. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Regardless of this loss, I’m not IN THE SLIGHTEST concerned with how A&M would fair against Texas in a bowl game. Not the slightest. First off, A&M would get up for that game. LSU is not 50-7 better than A&M everyday on a neutral field... this was a combination of a night road game, with LSU coming for blood after what they feel was a cheated game last year, and A&M came out as flat an uninspired as we have seen under Jimbo. Idk if it was nerves or maybe trying too hard to keep emotions in check, but they played with very little effort, urgency or heart tonight. 

I do not believe this is indicative of what would happen if A&M and Texas played in a month. 

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's like the transitive property doesn't work in College Football or something. 

A&M's losses have come to teams who have lost a combined 6 games. TCU alone has 7 losses. 

Just because you lost to really good teams it doesn’t make your team better. You still got your rears handed to you. A&M’s loss tonight alone was by more points than all of Texas’s losses this season (total points) combined. 

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Regardless of this loss, I’m not IN THE SLIGHTEST concerned with how A&M would fair against Texas in a bowl game. Not the slightest. First off, A&M would get up for that game. LSU is not 50-7 better than A&M everyday on a neutral field... this was a combination of a night road game, with LSU coming for blood after what they feel was a cheated game last year, and A&M came out as flat an uninspired as we have seen under Jimbo. Idk if it was nerves or maybe trying too hard to keep emotions in check, but they played with very little effort, urgency or heart tonight. 

I do not believe this is indicative of what would happen if A&M and Texas played in a month. 

A&M wasn’t up for LSU?

Guys, A&M was absolutely horrible last night. LSU could’ve scored 77 on y’all like OU did if they really wanted.

Texas A&M is not good at football. 

4 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

A&M played a red hot LSU team in Baton Rouge at night. Texas played LSU in week 2 at home. LSU has gotten A LOT better since week 2, and Texas has gotten A LOT worse since week 2. It’s ridiculous to compare scores in college football, especially when the games were played 10 weeks apart. I can promise you A&M does want Texas in a bowl game. 

LSU looks exactly the same to me. What makes you say they’re so much better, the production looks exactly the same as week 2?

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The 7 wins came against teams with an average of 3.8 wins. They didn’t beat a single team with a winning record.

So they are pretty spectacularly mediocre this year. They lost to good teams and beat awful teams.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The 7 wins came against teams with an average of 3.8 wins. They didn’t beat a single team with a winning record.

So they pretty spectacularly mediocre this year. They lost to goo teams and beat awful teams.

That’s correct! That’s the other part of this equation that makes me believe A&M is not a good team. Their only wins were against really poor opponents. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

So they are pretty spectacularly mediocre this year. They lost to good teams and beat awful teams.

A&M’s 2019 by the numbers

Scoring Average by opponents 

Homecoming games(Texas State, Lamar, UTSA)

49.3 ppg, 8ppga....offense/defense was gangbusters against weak in state programs. 3-0

Weak to Average SEC Opponents

(Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina)

33.5ppg, 20ppga....offense dropped nearly 2 tds a game, defense raised nearly 2 tds a game. With basically a 14 point scoring differential, A&M could handle a average team. 4-0

Top 25 to Top 10 teams

(Clemson, Auburn, Bama, Georgia, LSU)

15.6ppg, 33.6ppga...18 point differential. That’s tough. That’s how you go 0-5. That asks a lot of questions. Is it a talent gap? Coaching gap? Both? This is the one that will determine Jimbo’s tenure at A&M. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That's fair too. Our schedule was super top and bottom heavy. 

That said, we beat the 5-7 teams we played. Texas didn't.

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

LSU looks exactly the same to me. What makes you say they’re so much better, the production looks exactly the same as week 2?

Lmao your whole argument is based off the transitive property, which just doesn't hold up in football. 

You need to worry about beating 5-7 teams like TCU, not about who would win a hypothetical bowl game.

Anyone else find it absolutely hilarious that this coward shows up here today after being absent the last 4 weeks when A&M was winning?

He must just be killing time between washing his truck on a Sunday again. 😂😂

12 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lmao your whole argument is based off the transitive property, which just doesn't hold up in football. 

You need to worry about beating 5-7 teams like TCU, not about who would win a hypothetical bowl game.

Anyone else find it absolutely hilarious that this coward shows up here today after being absent the last 4 weeks when A&M was winning?

He must just be killing time between washing his truck on a Sunday again. 😂😂

Coward?..

We had a pretty good thing going after Longview’s run and state championship win. I suppose that’s long over now.
No one can say anything critical about A&M or they’re a troll or whatever other derogatory term you feel like labeling them that day. 

I have not gone anywhere. A&M winning against nobodies I guess is something I am supposed to comment on and stroke your ego?

I am not afraid to admit when my team is lacking unlike you. Texas is lacking this year and yes, we do need to be worried about trying to beat teams like 5-7 TCU, you are correct.
“Must be killing time between washing his truck“, as if that’s a bad thing or cutting me down in some way. So, I show a fun picture of what I’m doing and you bring it up months later and try to make it into a negative.

I respect Wetsu will come on here and talk football. You literally come on here and personally attack folks.

Have a good Sunday, JF. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Coward?..

We had a pretty good thing going after Longview’s run and state championship win. I suppose that’s long over now.
No one can say anything critical about A&M or they’re a troll or whatever other derogatory term you feel like labeling them that day. 

I have not gone anywhere. A&M winning against nobodies I guess is something I am supposed to comment on and stroke your ego?

I am not afraid to admit when my team is lacking unlike you. Texas is lacking this year and yes, we do need to be worried about trying to beat teams like 5-7 TCU, you are correct.
“Must be killing time between washing his truck“, as if that’s a bad thing or cutting me down in some way. So, I show a fun picture of what I’m doing and you bring it up months later and try to make it into a negative.

I respect Wetsu will come on here and talk football. You literally come on here and personally attack folks.

Have a good Sunday, JF. 

Aaaaand there's the meltdown.

Bringing up the Longview thing is funny- you were completely wrong about that situation too!! 😂

Look you admitted earlier this season that you take time out of your weekends to come here and harass Aggie fans. This is no different, and is made more hilarious that you didn't have the balls the last 4 weeks until A&M finally lost to #1 LSU.Sorry that you're not getting the cordial treatment that you deserve, you poor, poor victim. :(

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That’s gotta be a priority going forward. Build from the lines up and out and everything else will fall in line.

Yep. That's what Sherman did but be was fired before he got to really use the line of future NFLers he built up. We're recruiting a lot of them. And guys like Green will be good, but he's young.

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Obviously (most) teams get better throughout the year but the biggest difference in LSU this week was that 7 OT loss from last year.