Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. That's what Sherman did but be was fired before he got to really use the line of future NFLers he built up. We're recruiting a lot of them. And guys like Green will be good, but he's young.

2020 o-line? LT- Kenyon Green, LG- Jared Hocker, C- Luke Mathews, RG- Tank Jenkins, RT- Moore/Green/Morris???

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

Regardless of this loss, I’m not IN THE SLIGHTEST concerned with how A&M would fair against Texas in a bowl game. Not the slightest. First off, A&M would get up for that game. LSU is not 50-7 better than A&M everyday on a neutral field... this was a combination of a night road game, with LSU coming for blood after what they feel was a cheated game last year, and A&M came out as flat an uninspired as we have seen under Jimbo. Idk if it was nerves or maybe trying too hard to keep emotions in check, but they played with very little effort, urgency or heart tonight. 

I do not believe this is indicative of what would happen if A&M and Texas played in a month. 

So you're saying last night was an anomaly? 

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Aaaaand there's the meltdown.

Bringing up the Longview thing is funny- you were completely wrong about that situation too!! 😂

Look you admitted earlier this season that you take time out of your weekends to come here and harass Aggie fans. This is no different, and is made more hilarious that you didn't have the balls the last 4 weeks until A&M finally lost to #1 LSU.Sorry that you're not getting the cordial treatment that you deserve, you poor, poor victim. :(

Nope, not trying to play a victim at all. 

I am not melting down. You have a very poor attitude and negative spirit. See you later.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That's fair too. Our schedule was super top and bottom heavy. 

That said, we beat the 5-7 teams we played. Texas didn't.

Texas did beat a 5-7 team in West Virginia. Texas did beat 2, 8-4 teams and a 9-3 team, Texas A&M didn’t.

Now it doesn’t mean anything because Texas is a disappointing team that didn’t meet expectations. 

Just now, Stoney said:

Stevie Wonder seen this butt whooping coming. 

No. A loss was a certain thing. Nobody thought A&M was going to win this. But they played literally as poor as possible last night. It seriously couldn’t have been much worse. LSU is not that much better of a team every time they play. It was the perfect storm. 

12 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas did beat a 5-7 team in West Virginia. Texas did beat 2, 8-4 teams and a 9-3 team, Texas A&M didn’t.

Now it doesn’t mean anything because Texas is a disappointing team that didn’t meet expectations. 

Yeah. And I'd venture to say the loss last night makes this season far more disappointing for A&M after competing with some good teams all year, going out and laying an egg like old days. 

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Didn't you say earlier in the thread that you looked for the Aggies to cover the spread?

Yes I didn’t expect this at all. LSU hasn’t played even half that good of defense all year. I thought it would be a 10-14 point game because LSU would give up some points. 

Nobody with a brain thinks A&M only put up 7 while teams like Vandy and ole miss and even Arkansas put up points and gathers from it that A&M just isn’t good enough to score on them. LSU came ready to play, A&M did not. They could play 10 more times and never get that lopsided of a score I can almost guarantee you. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Amazing, isn't it? It's like A&M has a talent issue that Jimbo is trying to fix.

Be disappointed in the loss. Take a deep breath and remember “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Lot can change between now and Early Signing Day and heck of a lot before National Signing Day but Jimbo is looking at a second straight top 10 class. If he can stack Top 10 classes, the talent gap should shrink. Swap out Packerland for Aggieland and I think this fits. 2 years in to a 10 year plan. Relax.4F5769B3-38F9-42BF-8B17-D1A22D1B1425.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Be disappointed in the loss. Take a deep breath and remember “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Lot can change between now and Early Signing Day and heck of a lot before National Signing Day but Jimbo is looking at a second straight top 10 class. If he can stack Top 10 classes, the talent gap should shrink. Swap out Packerland for Aggieland and I think this fits. 2 years in to a 10 year plan. Relax.4F5769B3-38F9-42BF-8B17-D1A22D1B1425.gif

Heck, he's eyeing another top 5 recruiting class, not just top 10

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

That’s the difference in this season. Texas A&M didn’t have much expectations going into the season after what they lost last year. Texas had high expectations and failed tremendously. If anyone wants to talk about a poor coaching performance, that would definitely be Herman and not Fisher this season. 

A&M was preseason #12 and Texas was #10. I don't know what all the Aggies lost, but Texas was replacing 8 starters on defense. The lack of expectations from Aggies has zero to do with Texas. The Longhorns just played a pretty good game vs LSU whereas A&M did not.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Agreed. Plus it'll be Jimbo's third year and a lot of the young guys this season will have matured a year. 

Same QB and Mond just isn’t that good.  His ceiling looks to be on par with a mid major QB like Ward from Houston a few years ago.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Amazing, isn't it? It's like A&M has a talent issue that Jimbo is trying to fix.

Actually if you do the math that means the avg recruiting class A&M should be like the 12th or 13th best team in the nation...

there was a development problem, not a talent problem.

9 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

A&M was preseason #12 and Texas was #10. I don't know what all the Aggies lost, but Texas was replacing 8 starters on defense. The lack of expectations from Aggies has zero to do with Texas. The Longhorns just played a pretty good game vs LSU whereas A&M did not.

Whoever had us at #12 with our schedule was crazy. And I think that people read a little too much into the sugar bowl win for Texas if they had them at #10. Neither team should've had many expectations this season. Both lost a lot of players and had rough schedules.

Just goes back to preseason rankings being a joke.

• Thanks 1