Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Jimbo and Peveto have done a nice job with the linebacker crew. It’s become a deep position faster than what I thought it would take. 

There’s certainly bodies there. Hope to see White get some extra snaps in the bowl game to measure his progress. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There’s certainly bodies there. Hope to see White get some extra snaps in the bowl game to measure his progress. 

Wonder how much real interest there is in the Cooper kid who decommitted from OU?

31 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Perroni made the comment today that A&M could be in the market for a 4 RB class. Now Corbin’s transferring? So we got Jackson and Achane. So what mix of Evans, Ngata and Smith could make that class?

I think this is a very good sign for Evans. I think Corbin believes spiller has already cemented his place in the rotation and that more talent is on the way. 

• Like 1

I still don’t know what to make of Jordan Jefferson. He seems to think he’s signing with A&M. Some folks say they’d be shocked it happens because of grades or other circumstances. Does anybody know if this kid has even been to A&M this year on any type of visit? 

• Like 1

OL will play hold a&m back from being a serious contender (along with CB) for the foreseeable future.  The past 3 classes brought in minus Green are on par with UH and such.  Chibuzo, Clement, Bankhead, Trainer, Jefferson, ect. are all JAG's.  Sure, 1 or 2 may pan out, but I wouldn't bet on.  

Turner did no favors and the new OL coach hasn't shown anything so far and doesn't seem like a good recruiter.  Jimbo left the OL at FSU a disaster and looks like nothing has changed coming over.  Where are the Tackles?  It looks like all the OL takes are interior guys.  How do you lose one of the top Tackles in the state who is an aggie legacy to TCU?

Demas, King, and whatever other skill guys wont matter at all when A&M continues to get whipped up front by the likes of Bama', LSU, and Auburn with occasional dog fights/upsets by the Mississippi schools.

And if ya'll are counting on Shepherd in a couple of years, well good luck with that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

OL will play hold a&m back from being a serious contender (along with CB) for the foreseeable future.  The past 3 classes brought in minus Green are on par with UH and such.  Chibuzo, Clement, Bankhead, Trainer, Jefferson, ect. are all JAG's.  Sure, 1 or 2 may pan out, but I wouldn't bet on.  

Turner did no favors and the new OL coach hasn't shown anything so far and doesn't seem like a good recruiter.  Jimbo left the OL at FSU a disaster and looks like nothing has changed coming over.  Where are the Tackles?  It looks like all the OL takes are interior guys.  How do you lose one of the top Tackles in the state who is an aggie legacy to TCU?

Demas, King, and whatever other skill guys wont matter at all when A&M continues to get whipped up front by the likes of Bama', LSU, and Auburn with occasional dog fights/upsets by the Mississippi schools.

And if ya'll are counting on Shepherd in a couple of years, well good luck with that.

It’s WAY too early to tell what fisher will or won’t do with the Oline at A&M. They may make a little progress next year who knows. 

This was a down year in the state in terms of tackles and Oline talent. 2021 looks to be the best year in decades. If A&M doesn’t land much talent in 2021 I’ll be right there with you. But I think it’s just a little early to tell. Perhaps you’re right but with the 2021 class being so deep, and Texas likely hiring a new HC, I’m going to bet A&M gets plenty of potential for the future in that class. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

This is a great pickup. The secondary is improving greatly in the last two classes. 

We had a great safety class last year. Corner class is looking pretty good this year too. This is gonna be a exciting early signing day.

3 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

^^^^

That reads funny on so many levels.  Georgia has the "Hot Lips" Houlihan cheerleaders while A&M has George, the Yell Leader.

And Klinger is having a field day on 6th street 😂

• LOL! 2