Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Not sure how to feel about that. Anything could happen. Guess just keep an eye on what LSU does.

A&M really likes the Georgia kid they have. Plus Spiller looks to be the guy with a nice change of pace back in Achane if Evans doesn’t sign. 

RB depth will be a little scary, but I am not too let down if Evans chooses to go elsewhere and A&M doesn’t get another RB. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M really likes the Georgia kid they have. Plus Spiller looks to be the guy with a nice change of pace back in Achane if Evans doesn’t sign. 

RB depth will be a little scary, but I am not too let down if Evans chooses to go elsewhere and A&M doesn’t get another RB. 

Any idea on a time for the Georgia kid to sign?

18 signees. Harris, Morris and Johnson to go. Phillips will greyshirt unless a spot is still open in February. Biggest questions I see remaining are: will Harris flip to Florida and where does A&M stand with Evans after Smith signed with Stanford.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing going into last season with Texas but unexpected injuries hit us hard. For us, Roschon Johnson gave a little credit to the theory that the RB position is over-rated. He stepped in basically as an athlete and did a pretty good job. I'm sure the Aggies have some guys they could plug in the position if injuries required it.

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Donnell Harris signs with A&M. A&M signs their entire commitment list except for Phillips. 3 spots open. RB, transfer OT, and BPA.

Any steals or surprises? Smith picking Stanford was dissapointing well unless Evans is legit coming . Also how does the whole grey shirt thing work? Who does it benefit? Too lazy to look it up

43 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Any steals or surprises? Smith picking Stanford was dissapointing well unless Evans is legit coming . Also how does the whole grey shirt thing work? Who does it benefit? Too lazy to look it up

Jefferson was a shock to me.

Diggs getting pressure from Mom to stay close to home made for a interesting morning.

Harris was a wild card that you could have understood flipping to Florida.

Smith going to Stanford is either gonna be a whiff if Evans doesn’t come to A&M or understandable if Evans does come. 

Greyshirt just means the kid could count against next years class or this year’s class, it just depends on how the numbers look. Not sure if that means he can enroll at the school or not. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing going into last season with Texas but unexpected injuries hit us hard. For us, Roschon Johnson gave a little credit to the theory that the RB position is over-rated. He stepped in basically as an athlete and did a pretty good job. I'm sure the Aggies have some guys they could plug in the position if injuries required it.

If they don’t sign Evans, A&M will still have Spiller and Richardson, as well as the two freshman backs. That’s 4 guys, and yes there are a couple of guys that could get work there in a pinch. I would like Evans and for depth alone he is definitely needed, but I think ill be more concerned with not landing Shepherd or a different OT. 

I think A&M will and Evans. Just a gut feeling. 

Overall I’m extremely pleased with the class. A&M went out of state to pull in some defensive help, and did a good job at every position besides maybe OT. Morris was a nice grab but I would have liked a juco or grad transfer for some immediate help. 

16 hours ago, Stoney said:

Donnell Harris signs with A&M. A&M signs their entire commitment list except for Phillips. 3 spots open. RB, transfer OT, and BPA.

Did you see him trolling Florida during the announcement . I don't underestand why he committed weeks ago and was an A&M place card on the table where everyone could see.

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It’s not enough for some kids to have the God given athletic ability, they gotta have the attention that comes with it. Kid trolled Florida for a couple seconds of feel good.

I kinda wish they didn't do that. I mean why have a big huge fanfare dragged out for months anyways. Do not give out verbals till the end. Have a nice ceremony at the local high school and call it a day. Then again some fans take recruiting way too seriously. Talent is everywhere but development only happens with the player and coach. 

36 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I kinda wish they didn't do that. I mean why have a big huge fanfare dragged out for months anyways. Do not give out verbals till the end. Have a nice ceremony at the local high school and call it a day. Then again some fans take recruiting way too seriously. Talent is everywhere but development only happens with the player and coach. 

This is why I do not follow recruiting except at a macro-level. I am 53 years old and I do not have the time nor patience to try to figure out what is inside the head of a teenager. Some will make it. Some won’t despite their talents for a variety of reasons.

• Like 2