Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

2 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Knew that was coming. He will do well at the next level. 

Out of Ausbon, Rogers and him, Davis is the one I’ll hate seeing leave. Ausbon would probably be second. 

8 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Anybody thinking they'd like Zach Evans on your roster, I've got two words for ya. 

Maurice Clarett

I think you misspelled Knuckle Head. Lol Good luck to him at Georgia. Woulda been nice to have someone with his talent at A&M but this kid’s attitude and immaturity is a huge red flag that I’m glad we won’t have to deal with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

I think you misspelled Knuckle Head. Lol Good luck to him at Georgia. Woulda been nice to have someone with his talent at A&M but this kid’s attitude and immaturity is a huge red flag that I’m glad we won’t have to deal with.

Maybe I should've said "four words" and added "Marcus Dupree."

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Better coach better state Better Team. Not likely to happen so maybe wishful thinking.

He’s good friends with Mack Brown, is titled Assistant Head Coach, has a retirement home  in NC and family right there with him  If he preferred college Station he’d have stayed 

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

He’s good friends with Mack Brown, is titled Assistant Head Coach, has a retirement home  in NC and family right there with him  If he preferred college Station he’d have stayed 

I didn't say it was likely just giving answering your question why he would come back. Don't pretend A&M doesn't have a lot to offer. 

A&M mods have said that North’s carolina is running more spread concepts and doesn’t use a TE as often. That he might miss the te being the focal point of the passing game like he had it under fisher. Plus money would probably be better. 

Im not saying it happens but where there’s smoke there’s usually a fire. There’s at least a reason A&M mods are hearing there may be interest. A&M mods aren’t the sunshine pumpers some others are. They would shut it down quickly if there wasn’t at least interest. Again it may not happen but this isn’t just random wishful thinking.

• LOL! 1

UNC sites are saying Brewster is happy and it’d take a hefty sum to lure him away.  Not sure what his salary is, but as an associate head coach it’s prolly more than just being a position coach.  Mack just let go of one coach and says he doesn’t anticipate having to replace anymore.

52 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

UNC sites are saying Brewster is happy and it’d take a hefty sum to lure him away.  Not sure what his salary is, but as an associate head coach it’s prolly more than just being a position coach.  Mack just let go of one coach and says he doesn’t anticipate having to replace anymore.

For what it’s worth, he makes less at UNC then he did at A&M the first time. If they decided to once again pay more who knows what happens. Talk is he’s unhappy with the usage of TEs like I said. From a football and money standpoint it makes tons of sense. Family and a relationship with Mack is the reason to stay. 

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

For what it’s worth, he makes less at UNC then he did at A&M the first time. If they decided to once again pay more who knows what happens. Talk is he’s unhappy with the usage of TEs like I said. From a football and money standpoint it makes tons of sense. Family and a relationship with Mack is the reason to stay. 

From a football and money standpoint it makes tons of sense?  He left a higher paying job in college station to go to chapel hill for less money.  That tells me money didn’t factor in.  He knew who the HC and OC were when he went to chapel hill and he knew the style of offense they’d be running.  

it’s been said it’s possible he could return.  The UNC site I read yesterday evidently had knowledge of the situation.  They said it would take a large sum of money to pry him away from home this time.  

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

From a football and money standpoint it makes tons of sense?  He left a higher paying job in college station to go to chapel hill for less money.  That tells me money didn’t factor in.  He knew who the HC and OC were when he went to chapel hill and he knew the style of offense they’d be running.  

it’s been said it’s possible he could return.  The UNC site I read yesterday evidently had knowledge of the situation.  They said it would take a large sum of money to pry him away from home this time.  

That is why no one is really expecting to return  or blaming him for saying No. A&M will definitely welcome him back . Dismissing the notion is ridiculous as well.

9 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

That is why no one is really expecting to return  or blaming him for saying No. A&M will definitely welcome him back . Dismissing the notion is ridiculous as well.

They will or would welcome him back?  Isn’t Lucci where the rumor started?

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

They will or would welcome him back?  Isn’t Lucci where the rumor started?

Why wouldn't it be. He left on good terms. You may have been reading too much texags. He is a good coach and great for recruitment. Kinda silly holding a grudge.

6 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Why wouldn't it be. He left on good terms. You may have been reading too much texags. He is a good coach and great for recruitment. Kinda silly holding a grudge.

What?!  He left on good terms for less money.  Who’d be holding the grudge?

Nobody is denying why he left. It was about family and getting back closer to home. Those things are still factors and he might not make a move at all. This rumor is not from Lucci. It’s being addressed by every outlet. Nobody is saying this is a done deal or anything like that. Just that there’s legitimate interest. It would have been shut down quickly if this wasn’t real. 

Again, nobody is saying it’s a sure thing or denying his reasons for leaving the first time. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Nobody is denying why he left. It was about family and getting back closer to home. Those things are still factors and he might not make a move at all. This rumor is not from Lucci. It’s being addressed by every outlet. Nobody is saying this is a done deal or anything like that. Just that there’s legitimate interest. It would have been shut down quickly if this wasn’t real. 

Again, nobody is saying it’s a sure thing or denying his reasons for leaving the first time. 

Exactly