Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

Losing Jackson #### so bad. I was hoping he would be that guy that could come in early second half and get 10-12 carries and just really pound a defense. From everything I’ve heard from spring practice he’s a legit 6’2 230 and will hurt you if you get in his way. A&M has another back like that in UCF transfer Richardson, but From what I understand Jackson is the better athlete of the two. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Did this thread die?  When was the funeral?

There not much to talk about we haven’t already discussed. A few recruiting tidbits but most of us on this site that talk recruiting do so on A&M forums anyway. 

A&M landed a top 150 DE last week and lead for several guys. 

45 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There not much to talk about we haven’t already discussed. A few recruiting tidbits but most of us on this site that talk recruiting do so on A&M forums anyway. 

A&M landed a top 150 DE last week and lead for several guys. 

Hogwash.  There’s always something to talk about like the Oregon AD you couldn’t money whip

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Hogwash.  There’s always something to talk about like the Oregon AD you couldn’t money whip

For starters, there was not a single mention from the A&M side about him. His side pushed he had interest in A&M in order to get a raise. A&M never once reached out to him. You need to at least get your facts straight if you’re going to try to talk smack. 

A&M will not be hiring an AD for a while. They will most certainly hire a new President first and let the new president hire the AD. Thus the reason you haven’t seen A&M try to make any moves and why RC was named the interim AD. They know this is going to take a while. 

But it’s clear that’s why you bumped this. You think you have something to rub in Aggies face when clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

So why not let the grown ups talk about something when there is something to report and you just stick to your hookem message board BS obsession with aggy all while saying aggy isn’t your rival...

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

For starters, there was not a single mention from the A&M side about him. His side pushed he had interest in A&M in order to get a raise. A&M never once reached out to him. You need to at least get your facts straight if you’re going to try to talk smack. 

A&M will not be hiring an AD for a while. They will most certainly hire a new President first and let the new president hire the AD. Thus the reason you haven’t seen A&M try to make any moves and why RC was named the interim AD. They know this is going to take a while. 

I brought it up because you guys didn’t even mention it.  It’s almost like y’all don’t care anymore.  I was just razzing you, nothing more

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

But it’s clear that’s why you bumped this. You think you have something to rub in Aggies face when clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

So why not let the grown ups talk about something when there is something to report and you just stick to your hookem message board BS obsession with aggy all while saying aggy isn’t your rival...

Oh my gosh, I hurt your poor lil ole feelings over a joke.  So much so that you’re taking to bashing.  

Youre really obsessed with the idea that im a hooked subscribing button supporter.  

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Just something a friend told me (he’s an Aggie).  It wasn’t one sided.  Mullens and Slocum are friends.  From my understanding it was Slocum that told the Aggie brass to reach out to Mullens.  

Trust me on this, your friend is wrong. A&M never seriously pursued this guy. He used A&Ms vacancy to leverage a pay raise from Oregon. I can promise you, this won’t be the last guy to do this before it’s all said and done. 

Just now, WETSU said:

Trust me on this, your friend is wrong. A&M never seriously pursued this guy. He used A&Ms vacancy to leverage a pay raise from Oregon. I can promise you, this won’t be the last guy to do this before it’s all said and done. 

Trust you?  You have info proving him wrong?

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Trust you?  You have info proving him wrong?

The real question is, can your friend prove anything? I’m saying that I haven’t seen one Aggie talking about, posting or mentioning that A&M reached out to him. And I have both been following this closely among message boards, and know a guy  who donates substantial amounts who is generally in the know on things. From the first day this got legs, nobody mentioned it was A&Ms side reaching out. In fact, most people hate the thought of hiring a guy who hired willie taggert just 2 years ago... 

Also, nothing about your friend saying those things makes a lick of sense. A&M wouldn’t have named a fan favorite guy like RC to leave him with a title for like 2 weeks then have their guy targeted. They would have just left it vacant and hired a guy. But that’s not what they are doing... as I said before, everyone who knows anything is saying that the new president will be hired, and then the new president(with considerable influence by Jimbo and his opinion) will hire the next guy. 

So to answer your question, no I can’t “prove” your friend wrong, but no other person that has even the slightest clue about A&M has mentioned anything like what you just said. Which makes me think the “friend” is a fictional person that is actually something you read on a Texas site.

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

He must've had a bad mother's day and is trying to take it out on us. You can't get too mad at him. I don't blame his family for probably not liking him- look what they have to deal with LOL

40 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Burden of proof is on the person making claims. Til he proves it, wetsu doesn't have to prove anything wrong.

Trust me, after reading his stance on Baylor and the Oakman case, he clearly doesn’t understand how the burden of proof works. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Trust me, after reading his stance on Baylor and the Oakman case, he clearly doesn’t understand how the burden of proof works. 

Oh I gathered over the years that he has no idea about burden of proof, logical fallacies, or logic in general. Your best option is to not engage him because he will never admit he's wrong (surprising, I know, with how often it happens) and will try hard to shift discussion elsewhere, move goalposts, and whine to mods. Better to just not even touch it and let the troll do his thing. :) There are plenty of good people here to talk athletics with. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Burden of proof is on the person making claims. Til he proves it, wetsu doesn't have to prove anything wrong.

Not sure where my friend heard it.  I did read on an Oregon site that said aTm made the statement Mullins was on the Aggies’ short list though.  

He must've had a bad mother's day and is trying to take it out on us. You can't get too mad at him. I don't blame his family for probably not liking him- look what they have to deal with LOL

Personal shots

Oh I gathered over the years that he has no idea about burden of proof, logical fallacies, or logic in general. Your best option is to not engage him because he will never admit he's wrong (surprising, I know, with how often it happens) and will try hard to shift discussion elsewhere, move goalposts, and whine to mods. Better to just not even touch it and let the troll do his thing. :) There are plenty of good people here to talk athletics with. 

JF, I blame you and WETSU.  He baited and you bit! LOL!!