Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

I heard this guys name mentioned a few days ago, but thought it would be a while before they announced it. 

He is definitely a facilities type of guy who can bring the money together. Not sure if he’s the best option but he should be one that will keep Jimbo happy with upgrades and money for coaches. Also probably not a guy that will be hard to work with for whoever they name President in the future. 

11 hours ago, Stoney said:

Zach Evans Top 5 ain’t looking too Lone Star friendly at the moment.

I may be wrong, but think I saw a&m hasn't ever signed a kid from North Shore Stoney?  Think the last player Texas got was maybe Corey Redding.  That place is an LSU feeder school for the most part.

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I may be wrong, but think I saw a&m hasn't ever signed a kid from North Shore Stoney?  Think the last player Texas got was maybe Corey Redding.  That place is an LSU feeder school for the most part.

From what I’ve ever read, North Shore to A&M has never been thing.

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

There was 1 kid years ago I think, but I could be wrong. Yes that school is a LSU school for sure. The staff there does an excellent job convincing those kids. Many of them start off high on A&M or Texas just to get talked into LSU by recruitments end. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

There was 1 kid years ago I think, but I could be wrong. Yes that school is a LSU school for sure. The staff there does an excellent job convincing those kids. Many of them start off high on A&M or Texas just to get talked into LSU by recruitments end. 

L$U tends to finish strong.

😂

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

The “Moose” is loose in College Station. Muhsin Muhammad III 4* WR commits to A&M. 

Omeire be the 3rd WR. Get King. I’m curious to see how RB shakes out. OU take both McClellan and McGowan? The Doyle kid from Mizzou catches the eye, 6-4 230. When is the last time we’ve had a LB that size? If Peveto can get the Riley kid from Bama that’d be a nice LB haul.

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

Omeire be the 3rd WR. Get King. I’m curious to see how RB shakes out. OU take both McClellan and McGowan? The Doyle kid from Mizzou catches the eye, 6-4 230. When is the last time we’ve had a LB that size? If Peveto can get the Riley kid from Bama that’d be a nice LB haul.

Oklahoma will take both of them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Oklahoma will take both of them.

Yes I believe they do. Which is mind boggling to me. Why would a prototypical pro style RB like McGowan chose that OU system and to go to it with another elite back already in tow. 

OU is recruiting lights out. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Yes I believe they do. Which is mind boggling to me. Why would a prototypical pro style RB like McGowan chose that OU system and to go to it with another elite back already in tow. 

OU is recruiting lights out. 

Any RB can flourish in Oklahoma’s offense. 

They lost a couple of RBs last year with a transfer and a medical retirement.

I also think they might lose two to the NFL draft after this next season as well. 

They need two in this cycle to keep the numbers at a good level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Any RB can flourish in Oklahoma’s offense. 

They lost a couple of RBs last year with a transfer and a medical retirement.

I also think they might lose two to the NFL draft after this next season as well. 

They need two in this cycle to keep the numbers at a good level.

Any running back on almost any team in the conference can flourish against those big 12 front 7s 😂😂

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Any running back on almost any team in the conference can flourish against those big 12 front 7s 😂😂

Oh yeah he is much better off slamming into 8 man boxes because his QB can’t throw the ball downfield. 😂

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Oh yeah he is much better off slamming into 8 man boxes because his QB can’t throw the ball downfield. 😂

That’s actually not really true anymore. Georgia, Bama, A&M, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee all but put up decent passing numbers. The conference isn’t as wide open as the big 12, but it’s far from the LSU/Bama days of 2009-2015 or so... There’s a couple of teams that can push the ball downfield. 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s actually not really true anymore. Georgia, Bama, A&M, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee all but put up decent passing numbers. The conference isn’t as wide open as the big 12, but it’s far from the LSU/Bama days of 2009-2015 or so... There’s a couple of teams that can push the ball downfield. 

I thought we were just bantering back and forth with tried and true stereotypes that we always say about the conferences.

• LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Vernon Broughton says Bama ain’t in his top 5. Anybody think he doesn’t wind up staying in Texas? OVs to LSU, Ohio State, and finish up at A&M the next three weeks.

I think he ends up at Texas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

I think he ends up at Texas. 

Could be. Think it will come down to UT or A&M. Can’t see OSU or Arkansas getting him. LSU is always a dark horse.