Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Yes I did. I thought it was Arkansas and A&M just a couple of weeks ago when someone else said it was Texas. I thought then it would be A&M but i thought Arkansas was a dark horse. I still think this kid could go to any one of Texas, Arkansas, OSU or A&M and it shouldn’t be a total shock. I’m not saying this kid is for sure announcing for Texas or anything. I’m just saying that hookem and orange bloods are filled with people who seem to be caught off guard with the thought of anyone landing broughton other than Texas. And I don’t think that’s been true for some time...

Yes you did, I was just clarifying.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What is there a need to clarify? 

“I’d take that bet. This kid is either going to Arkansas or A&M.”

thats a pretty matter of fact statement.  Now you’re crawfishing in it

40 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

“I’d take that bet. This kid is either going to Arkansas or A&M.”

thats a pretty matter of fact statement.  Now you’re crawfishing in it

Am I? What am I crawfishing in? 

Just now, WETSU said:

Am I? What am I crawfishing in? 

I believe he’s going to A&M, I’m defending a Aggie mod who predicted it, and you think I’m crawfishing? 

I know I live in your head, but your comprehension skills get worse by the week. Take a break DB. Nobody is crawfishing anything. I believe this kids signs with A&M. 

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I believe he’s going to A&M, I’m defending a Aggie mod who predicted it, and you think I’m crawfishing? 

I know I live in your head, but your comprehension skills get worse by the week. Take a break DB. Nobody is crawfishing anything. I believe this kids signs with A&M. 

“still think this kid could go to any one of Texas, Arkansas, OSU or A&M and it shouldn’t be a total shock. “. From he goes to Arkansas or aTm.....  crawfishing.

6 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

“still think this kid could go to any one of Texas, Arkansas, OSU or A&M and it shouldn’t be a total shock. “. From he goes to Arkansas or aTm.....  crawfishing.

Okay. I know reading isn’t your strong suit, but there is a difference in where I think a guy will go and where I wouldn’t be shocked if he winds up. 

Example... I wouldn’t be shocked if you your reading comprehension is somewhere in the grade school level, but I think, am confident, it’s somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd grade level.

thats not me crawfishing, it’s me saying I would be surprised but I still have my own opinion. Both my previous statement and the one I made yesterday can both still be true at the same time because one encompasses the other. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Okay. I know reading isn’t your strong suit, but there is a difference in where I think a guy will go and where I wouldn’t be shocked if he winds up. 

Example... I wouldn’t be shocked if you your reading comprehension is somewhere in the grade school level, but I think, am confident, it’s somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd grade level.

thats not me crawfishing, it’s me saying I would be surprised but I still have my own opinion. Both my previous statement and the one I made yesterday can both still be true at the same time because one encompasses the other. 

Saying one thing definitively then giving yourself an out in case it’s wrong is crawfishing.  I don’t know what else to call it.  Hedging your bet maybe?  I still say you’re crawfishing because you have some doubts you’re original (will to bet on) statement prolly isn’t as sound as you once believed

57 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Saying one thing definitively then giving yourself an out in case it’s wrong is crawfishing.  I don’t know what else to call it.  Hedging your bet maybe?  I still say you’re crawfishing because you have some doubts you’re original (will to bet on) statement prolly isn’t as sound as you once believed

Look, I’d still bet on it. I’m still just as confident as I was the first time. I’ll still say right now to you that I would bet on Broughton being an Aggie. Is that what you want? Because you want to be able to come back in a few weeks if I’m wrong and point your little obsessed finger and say I told you so? For the last time, I am still just as confident now as I was then. Honestly more so. Feeling confident he chooses a certain school and me being shocked if he picks another are two different things. Are you not capable of understanding that? 

Only you could take what I said this way. 

16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dallas Walker 3* DT commits to A&M

This is a nice get. 6’4 315 right now and very athletic. He is way better than his star ranking. This kid will be like Dodson and be a hidden gem from Tennessee that does well in college station. 

As for Hornsby, I’d rather have King, but either are good prospects. King is going to be an Aggie I think though. Should be announcing this week. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is a nice get. 6’4 315 right now and very athletic. He is way better than his star ranking. This kid will be like Dodson and be a hidden gem from Tennessee that does well in college station. 

As for Hornsby, I’d rather have King, but either are good prospects. King is going to be an Aggie I think though. Should be announcing this week. 

That’s one of my biggest likes about Jimbo and Crew...they take a 3* and have him producing like a 4*. Guys really didn’t improve under Sumlin imho. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Malik Hornsby has reopened his recruiting. I hope this isn’t bad news for King. At this point I’d rather have him then Malik.

Haynes is faster, bigger, and a better passer. I seriously doubt he's sweating Hornsby. 

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Haynes is faster, bigger, and a better passer. I seriously doubt he's sweating Hornsby. 

King has a higher floor, Hornsby has a higher ceiling. Imo Hornsby one of those guys that really needs 2 years to develop if he’s going to a title contender program. He can go to a place like UNC and win them an extra game or two year one. But he goes to A&M and loses them an extra game or two if he has to start year one. King has a high enough floor you probably could coach the team similar to how they used Mond and a heavy running game and you won’t see too much drop off in King and a second or third year guy because of how polished he is and his IQ.

23 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Haynes King is reportedly down to Tennessee and Texas A&M. I think he ends up at A&M.

Yea it’s being reported that he is super torn between the two. I think his heart wants Tennessee and his head thinks A&M. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Yea it’s being reported that he is super torn between the two. I think his heart wants Tennessee and his head thinks A&M. 

He leaves tomorrow for the Elite 11 challenge. I read that he wants to make his decision prior to that event. I'm not sure we hear anything by the end of today though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He probably gets on the field quicker at Tennessee. Has a better shot at success at A&M. Plus thinking about will family get to see that in person or on tv has to have him thinking. I’d love to him. I like him better than Hornsby. I think we’ll be alright if lose him because Calzada I think could be  a real steal but I’d still like him on campus.

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

He probably gets on the field quicker at Tennessee. Has a better shot at success at A&M. Plus thinking about will family get to see that in person or on tv has to have him thinking. I’d love to him. I like him better than Hornsby. I think we’ll be alright if lose him because Calzada I think could be  a real steal but I’d still like him on campus.

ADs will make sure they get to see their kids play on Saturday 

• Like 1

I know he’s grown close to the staff at Tennessee, but this seems like a no brainer. Look at the receivers A&M is bringing in. Look at the proven production of QBs in Jimbos system. Look at the talent already on campus for both teams. Distance... How close each team is to competing for titles... Aggie network in your home state...There really isn’t anything Tennessee offers that A&M doesn’t beat by a wide margin. If A&M had offered in November we wouldn’t even be having this convo. But they drug their feet until May to offer and it allowed him to grow extremely close to the Tennessee staff. If he chooses Tennessee, this is one that will haunt jimbo and Aggies everywhere for some time. Because it almost assuredly could have been avoided.