Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Is there any truth to the rumor that Coach King isn’t fond of Jimbo? 

It's not Jimbo. It was Coach Turner. He recruited East Texas and never really gave a look at any Longview kids. Plus he didn't take part in Coach King's football clinic when asked.

That said, he's gone. Hoping the new coach recruiting East Texas is doing better at forming a relationship with Coach King. They enjoyed their official visit here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

I haven’t heard or read that anywhere. Where is this rumor at? 

It’s not out on the internet that I’m aware of, it’s just rumors from East Texas writers.  Maybe it was Turner like @JohnnyFootball said above. 

I thought that’s why King wasn’t already committed, because Fisher is known for his work with QBs and ATM is close to home. 

On 6/27/2019 at 10:39 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

It's not Jimbo. It was Coach Turner. He recruited East Texas and never really gave a look at any Longview kids. Plus he didn't take part in Coach King's football clinic when asked.

Co-sign. 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

73831437-5D93-4BC7-B4DE-D13C66BEE9FC.jpeg 

Haynes King at #1 after day 3 of the Elite 11

He’s definitely playing well. And he’s more of a gamer than a camp setting guy anyways which makes this even more impressive. He will probably end the year as a 5 star guy and a top 30 composite player. 

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He’s definitely playing well. And he’s more of a gamer than a camp setting guy anyways which makes this even more impressive. He will probably end the year as a 5 star guy and a top 30 composite player. 

Not sure about going from 3* to 5*, but he's a heck of a QB. This would be a great pickup for the Aggies. Would much rather see him stay in-state than Tennessee or LSU. 

Where are you getting him as a 3*? He’s a 4* recruit right now and ranked as the #3 dual threat quarterback in the nation. Since early 2019 he’s done nothing but move up the rankings. So I agree with @WETSU, it would not surprise me at all to see him become a 5* by the end, especially if he keeps competing at a high level at camps and has a good season with Longview again! 

C7F37034-71DA-4251-A440-15AFC920475A.jpeg

No disrespect intended. I dont follow the recruiting ranking as close as you guys. I thought he just started getting some of these big offers a few months ago. Anyway, whether he's a 3* or 5* he's a hell of a player. Hopefully, he stays in-state. 

The more I watch this Demas kid and hear him talk about A&M I can’t help but feel like this is the type of kid that will get us to the next level. Athletic freak. Can we see red”butt” on this site? Toss up between him and O’Neal who’s the bigger red”butt” on the team. That type of talent, that level of excitement is contagious on the recruiting trail. Can’t wait to see what he’s got up his sleeve. Broughton? Evans? Roy?

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

It’s possible all 3 of them become Aggies @Stoney

I feel good about Broughton. Coworker and me have been talking about Roy. He’s worried about a Baton Rouge guy that LSU isn’t 100% in on. That there’s some reason that LSU is willing to let him go. I’m okay with it as long as we can get some linebacker depth to offset the lineman takes. Evans is a crapshoot. That he came to CS and Demas has been in his ear is huge. I just can’t believe it until he signs and doesn’t pull a McCoy.

Looking like we got some possible good news in the secondary. Moten is supposed to commit tomorrow and A&M is looking good there. Eaton, Moten, Jones ain’t a shabby haul. If Manning flips that’s some serious gravy.

8 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

That is an awesome picture. 

Try and find the video of this. There’s a couple kids doing flips and tumbles and it’s okay. Demas closes it out and the height he gets...he could charge baggage and flyer rewards for it. It’s different.

48 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Try and find the video of this. There’s a couple kids doing flips and tumbles and it’s okay. Demas closes it out and the height he gets...he could charge baggage and flyer rewards for it. It’s different.

I saw the videos before the picture. Dudes got springs for legs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

4* CB Joshuah Moten will announce his commitment at 2pm today 

Yes Sir, A&M is lit 🔥🔥🔥

Kenneth Phillips announces Thursday. 

Broughton is working on making his decision.

Man the Ags have gotten some dang good players these last few months! 🔥🔥

Seeing teams in the top 10 classes with 20 signings, while we’re at 11 with 14 just shows the quality of player Jimbo and Crew are reeling into CS. Look at the depth charts. LB may be the weak link but everything else is starting to become SEC caliber. 

Moten and Jones are very good corners. Adding a guy like Eaton to follow behind the DB class from last year, and A&M will be very good in the secondary for 2021-22. It doesn’t guarantee results, but this is the best assortment of defensive talent A&M has gotten from front to back in 20+ years. They are loaded up front and starting to get good athletes in the back. Need a stud or two at LB. 

• Like 1

I’m curious to see what we wind up with at LB. Phillips at Rover a few years down the road should be a solid player. Sewell seems like a west coast kid but getting him to CS could open his eyes. I haven’t heard anything on the kid from Georgia in a while. This staff went out at the end of last year and found Brown & Russell. Another finish like that would okay.

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

2021 Denton Guyer 4* QB Eli Stowers commits to A&M.

2021 looks like a deep talented class for QB's in Texas.  This kid, Stone, North Shore QB, Milroe, couple of more can't remember names ( Morton maybe? ).

I'm interested to see who Texas ends up with having only offered Stone and Milroe.  Will probably know before summer is up.  I'm leaning Milroe.

The DL and OL talent and depth for this class is insane.  What seems crazy as it doesn't seem loaded like usually is with DB's.  Sure some names will emerge in the coming year though.

6 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

2021 looks like a deep talented class for QB's in Texas.  This kid, Stone, North Shore QB, Milroe, couple of more can't remember names ( Morton maybe? ).

I'm interested to see who Texas ends up with having only offered Stone and Milroe.  Will probably know before summer is up.  I'm leaning Milroe.

The DL and OL talent and depth for this class is insane.  What seems crazy as it doesn't seem loaded like usually is with DB's.  Sure some names will emerge in the coming year though.

Preston's Stone ends up at Texas. 

12 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Katy is loaded with Conner and Foster on the o-line. Featheree, Jackson, Zuhn...lotta talent.

35 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

And like I though Kenneth Phillips committed earlier today! Gig em 👍

His film is decent. He’s not a huge get, but looks like he could be a great special teams guy and contribute in the box as a safety or LB in certain packages.

52 minutes ago, WETSU said:

His film is decent. He’s not a huge get, but looks like he could be a great special teams guy and contribute in the box as a safety or LB in certain packages.

If the kid turns out to be nothing but a solid role player/backup that will be fine. You hope White, Russell, Brown are the front runners. Give me that over walk ons, converted wideouts who hadn’t played LB since HS.

8 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I think the kid will be better than most think. He has potential to be a great player, I can see it in the film!

Oh yea there’s lots of tools to work with. He’s a good pickup as a prospect. Kind of reminds me of a little bigger at this stage Donovan Wilson. Not great at anything and doesn’t necessarily blow you away with measurables and combine results, but has a nose for the football.