Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That works both ways though. A&Ms success nationally has picked up and we've got guys from all over. Has Texas? 

Also before like 2010 Texas was a national title contender just about every year. Them being down those few years had big effects on recruiting too.

Yes, before 2010 Texas was a NC contender each year. 2010 and beyond, however,  not so much.

2010 - 5 wins - #2 recruiting class 

2011 - 8 wins - #4 recruiting class 

Texas A&M

2010 - #16 recruiting class 

2011 - #36 recruiting class 

The year A&M moved to the SEC,

Texas - #16 class

Texas A&M - #9 class

We can say Texas fell off in rankings due to losing, but 2010 and 2011 disprove that.

Here's the thing, saying A&M's move to the SEC is what led to a change in recruiting is not a bad thing, especially for A&M. As for Texas, they have since climbed their way back to the top 10, and even top 5, in recruiting, in large part because (and to answer your other question) they are recruiting out of state better than I've personally ever seen them do. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Zach Evans is at the BBQ party.

59 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

That’s good news 👍

40 minutes ago, Stoney said:

For a kid that was only going to Georgia this weekend, it’s really good news. Just keep finding ways to get him to A&M.

2 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

That’s right!!

I hope his tires leave college station undamaged. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

16 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That works both ways though. A&Ms success nationally has picked up and we've got guys from all over. Has Texas? 

Also before like 2010 Texas was a national title contender just about every year. Them being down those few years had big effects on recruiting too.

A&M’s success nationally? What national success, the one year of JF where y’all won nothing but a Heisman and the Cotton Bowl?

😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Is he having Ribs or Brisket?

Haven’t seen Coach Price’s menu for yesterday but the man can cook. If I was d-lineman thats where I’d be headed. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

A&M’s success nationally? What national success, the one year of JF where y’all won nothing but a Heisman and the Cotton Bowl?

😁

We were talking about recruiting, which is what he was referring to.  A&M has done a good job recruiting outside the state of Texas. 

17 commits for A&M but curious to see if the RB from Georgia makes it. I don’t think the OL from Navasoto is making it. You’re looking at 9, maybe 10 spots open. How do you fill those?

QB- good

RB- Evans, Ngata, Achane

WR- good

TE- good

OL- Morris could commit this weekend, Hayes from Athens 

DL- Princely, Harris, maybe McKinley Jackson

LB- need to flip or find some more Brown’s, Russell’s later in the recruiting season

CB- Eaton, does Manning flip

S- if Bama is out on Alford could he wind up here

Evans, Ngata, Morris, Princely, Harris, Eaton has you at 6, Alford would be 7, Hayes 8, that leaves you without a LB

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

17 commits for A&M but curious to see if the RB from Georgia makes it. I don’t think the OL from Navasoto is making it. You’re looking at 9, maybe 10 spots open. How do you fill those?

QB- good

RB- Evans, Ngata, Achane

WR- good

TE- good

OL- Morris could commit this weekend, Hayes from Athens 

DL- Princely, Harris, maybe McKinley Jackson

LB- need to flip or find some more Brown’s, Russell’s later in the recruiting season

CB- Eaton, does Manning flip

S- if Bama is out on Alford could he wind up here

Evans, Ngata, Morris, Princely, Harris, Eaton has you at 6, Alford would be 7, Hayes 8, that leaves you without a LB

A&M is really only after Sowell at LB. Many people say it’s a Oregon A&M battle but Oregon probably gets him. 

Other than that I think you’ve got it right. I think A&M has extremely good shots with all of those guys remaining. I don’t see all three of the running backs signing. 2 out of the 3. If Evans wants in Achane loses his spot. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M is really only after Sowell at LB. Many people say it’s a Oregon A&M battle but Oregon probably gets him. 

Other than that I think you’ve got it right. I think A&M has extremely good shots with all of those guys remaining. I don’t see all three of the running backs signing. 2 out of the 3. If Evans wants in Achane loses his spot. 

Ngata and Evans is the hope. Ngata and Achane isn’t a bad settle. Just how much weight can you pack on Achane at the next level?

I’m curious to see how the secondary shakes out now. Moten, Eaton, Jones. Seen some talk if Manning was a take then Jones could shift to safety. Some folks say Manning could be headed back to OU. What happened to Alford and Bama? That seemed like a sure deal, that he was off of A&M. Now he’s coming back around and rumored to be very interested in A&M again.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I think Evans knows and has already told the staff he’s committed to them.  I think he’s just playing games now

He’s too much of a wildcard to believe that. I’m not saying he doesn’t end up at Georgia, but I don’t think he is a silent anywhere.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

He’s too much of a wildcard to believe that. I’m not saying he doesn’t end up at Georgia, but I don’t think he is a silent anywhere.

https://247sports.com/Article/Zachary-Evans-recruitment-college-football-recruiting-profile-133930204/

This is a pretty good story about Evans. He’s a different kind of kid. Marches to his own drum. It ties in perfectly to how his recruiting is going. A different colored jersey and a fancy locker room ain’t gonna sell him like the other normal recruits. 

Who knows how it’s gonna turn out. Give me Ngata for sure. Evans would be great but I’d more than settle for Achane or EJ Smith to pair with him.