The Smoakhouse Forums
Stoney

Aggies 2019 Thread

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

You’ve lost your mind... 

johnny did not want to be a horn. There’s no evidence to prove that other than your ego and thinking everybody wants to be a longhorn unless doesn’t doesn’t want them. 🙄They did offer him as a safety though. Which to be honest isn’t the worst thing. Only two major programs were looking at him at QB and that’s A&M and 

"They did offer him as a Safety". Yes, you are making my point. I believe Robert Griffin out of Copperas Cove was also "offered as a DB or athlete ", but not QB. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

"They did offer him as a Safety". Yes, you are making my point. I believe Robert Griffin out of Copperas Cove was also "offered as a DB or athlete ", but not QB. 

That is correct! UT offered two Heisman Trophy winners as defensive backs not quarterback and said they wouldn’t give them a shot at QB.

Completely stupid and killed UT!

• Like 1

The QB dumbness was a large part of the buildup to the end of the Mack Brown Era.

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

My gosh, freaking OU..... just start rattling off the quarterbacks they’ve had over the years. No wonder they’ve won so many Big 12 championships. UT has had two sure fire game changers since 2000, VY and Colt. Now Ehlinger does make that three, but no conference title yet. Seriously, think about all those really good to great quarterbacks those darn Sooners have had. I think maybe two of them were actually native Oklahomans???

That is part of it, but Oklahoma won the conference too one year with a WR playing quarterback the whole year.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

That is part of it, but Oklahoma won the conference too one year with a WR playing quarterback the whole year.

That’s true, black guy, what was his name? He wasn’t absolutely terrible either though and obviously had skills running the ball.

5 hours ago, eagle34 said:

That doesn’t prove Johnny wanted to go to Texas though... which is what you said. 

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Paul Thompson?

20 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Unless I'm mistaken they haven't won a championship since Colt. I haven't looked it up so I could be wrong. The last time they played for a NC was Colt and I don't think they have won the Big 12 since then. Until Ehlinger leads them to a title "development " doesn't mean much. 

He was literally 1 game away...

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That is correct! UT offered two Heisman Trophy winners as defensive backs not quarterback and said they wouldn’t give them a shot at QB.

Completely stupid and killed UT!

Mack would have ruined RG3

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Mack would have ruined RG3

RG3 was never going to Texas. He was recruited to play QB for Art Briles at Houston. When Briles took over the BU job, RG3 went with him. 

On 7/19/2019 at 11:28 PM, WETSU said:

You’ve lost your mind... 

johnny did not want to be a horn. There’s no evidence to prove that other than your ego and thinking everybody wants to be a longhorn unless doesn’t doesn’t want them. 🙄They did offer him as a safety though. Which to be honest isn’t the worst thing. Only two major programs were looking at him at QB and that’s A&M and Oregon. 

I was told Johnny's mom was one of the reasons he decommitted from Oregon along with the recruitment of a certain QB from Hawaii.