Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Kendall Milton commits to Georgia. Just something for Evans to think about.

I don’t think that is a factor. 

Does Evans really want to be ran into the ground during college anyways? He should welcome talent to share carries with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I read where Evans said he wants to be on a national title team. Not really sure what that means unless he's talking about contenders year in and out or maybe the recent ones. Who knows.

Then I guess he is going to Alabama or Clemson.

• LOL! 1

17 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Then I guess he is going to Alabama or Clemson.

This about UT but I would be curious to why it wouldn't include other Texas schools also. I think Saban and crew is fixing to make a hard move towards him or he might end up in Athens. IDK, JMO

“It’s just … you don’t know how to put it,” Evans told 247Sports as a part of a wide-ranging interview. “I don’t want to be disrespectful. I ain’t saying (Texas) can’t win a natty. It’s just at the moment [Texas is] not quite there. You beat Georgia but you barely beat Georgia. What about when it comes to a Bama or go to a Clemson?

“Texas is a good school, they coming up. It’s just … I don’t know.”

18 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

This about UT but I would be curious to why it wouldn't include other Texas schools also. I think Saban and crew is fixing to make a hard move towards him or he might end up in Athens. IDK, JMO

“It’s just … you don’t know how to put it,” Evans told 247Sports as a part of a wide-ranging interview. “I don’t want to be disrespectful. I ain’t saying (Texas) can’t win a natty. It’s just at the moment [Texas is] not quite there. You beat Georgia but you barely beat Georgia. What about when it comes to a Bama or go to a Clemson?

“Texas is a good school, they coming up. It’s just … I don’t know.”

Kid sounds ignorant.  Sure, Texas barely beat Georgia, but just a year before Bama barely beat Georgia... did that make them less of a team?  A&M barely beat LSU, should that diminish the win and the effort it took to win that?  

Mid the kid watches college football, there are two teams built to win the NC every year.  Bama and Clemson... why even consider anywhere else if you are going to speak like this?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Kid sounds ignorant.  Sure, Texas barely beat Georgia, but just a year before Bama barely beat Georgia... did that make them less of a team?  A&M barely beat LSU, should that diminish the win and the effort it took to win that?  

Mid the kid watches college football, there are two teams built to win the NC every year.  Bama and Clemson... why even consider anywhere else if you are going to speak like this?

Not to deter the direction of the conversation, but Texas didn't 'barely' beat Georgia. For anyone and everyone who watched that game, they know the final score was not indicative of how that game played out. Just want to clarify that part. 

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Mav, the kid is.....”different.” He wanted to go to a school but according to him their class was already full. 5* RB and a program in the country turned him down? Why? What’s the story? Who turns that kid down?

59 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Mav, the kid is.....”different.” He wanted to go to a school but according to him their class was already full. 5* RB and a program in the country turned him down? Why? What’s the story? Who turns that kid down?

Something fishy is up with this kid

Evans grew up an artist. He sketched wolves in a composition book and learned origami from Google searches. He’d play street football in front of his North Side home, but his mom, Antoinette Evans, didn’t know Evans was even interested before he appeared in a youth football uniform late in elementary school. Antoinette said her son doesn’t even really talk about football. Asked when she thought he fell in love with, she could only respond: “When he decided that’s what he was going to do.” 

This is a common theme when you ask others about Evans. Much in the way he taught himself origami, resulting in a lack of printer paper in Antoinette’s house, Evans seemingly willed himself to the status of a standout recruit.

• Like 1

Set aside his bountiful talent: The spectacular plays, state championship and absurd testing numbers. Instead, consider that Evans is a five-star prospect who doesn’t watch football. He’s a high-profile Lone Star State rusher who didn’t include a Texas school in his top five – only to visit Texas and A&M less than a month later. He’s the recruit who asks coaches every question, often again and again, yet answers few in return. 

“I’m playing the recruiting game with them,” Evans said.

• Like 1

You play it cool. You go with the flow to see how they relate. You pick at things. You point out certain things to see what they really need. Are they lacking at my position or do they just want me to be a part of the machine?” – Evans on the recruiting game

• Like 1

A few weeks prior Clemson landed five-star back Demarkcus Bowman, filling up the final ball carrier spot in the Tigers’ class. Evans had interest in the Tigers. Another school, which Evans opted not to name, also closed its running back recruiting before Evans could decide. There’s a dice tattoo along Evans’ right arm. Evans knows even recruiting, if he wants to do things his way, is a risk. 

“My spots fill up quick,” Evans said. “A lot of (coaches) preach how a school can do this or that. But that’s not the way I was raised. Salt and sugar look the same. You just have to play the game with them. Play it smart. They’re playing it smart too.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Evans grew up an artist. He sketched wolves in a composition book and learned origami from Google searches. He’d play street football in front of his North Side home, but his mom, Antoinette Evans, didn’t know Evans was even interested before he appeared in a youth football uniform late in elementary school. Antoinette said her son doesn’t even really talk about football. Asked when she thought he fell in love with, she could only respond: “When he decided that’s what he was going to do.” 

This is a common theme when you ask others about Evans. Much in the way he taught himself origami, resulting in a lack of printer paper in Antoinette’s house, Evans seemingly willed himself to the status of a standout recruit.

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Set aside his bountiful talent: The spectacular plays, state championship and absurd testing numbers. Instead, consider that Evans is a five-star prospect who doesn’t watch football. He’s a high-profile Lone Star State rusher who didn’t include a Texas school in his top five – only to visit Texas and A&M less than a month later. He’s the recruit who asks coaches every question, often again and again, yet answers few in return. 

“I’m playing the recruiting game with them,” Evans said.

Very interesting.. I don't fault the kid for having interests other than playing football. Kudos to him on that.

However, it's obvious that he does't have the attention to detail when it comes to football. Maybe his origamis and art projects, but not football. And that's what strange to me

• Confused 1

“It wasn’t football for Zachary,” Sterling said. “It’s really still not. He’s really good at it, but football is just not him. He don’t watch football. He don’t talk about football. None of that. I won’t say it’s not something he doesn’t want to do, because of course he wants to do it. But he just wasn’t attracted to it. It just didn’t catch his attention.”

• Like 1

Just now, Stoney said:

“It wasn’t football for Zachary,” Sterling said. “It’s really still not. He’s really good at it, but football is just not him. He don’t watch football. He don’t talk about football. None of that. I won’t say it’s not something he doesn’t want to do, because of course he wants to do it. But he just wasn’t attracted to it. It just didn’t catch his attention.”

@ETXfan16 @MavGrad99 Kid’s different.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Very interesting.. I don't fault the kid for having interests other than playing football. Kudos to him on that.

However, it's obvious that he does't have the attention to detail when it comes to football. Maybe his origamis and art projects, but not football. And that's what strange to me

Myles Garrett was much the same way. Dominant on the field, but just not the typical athlete off of it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

BREAKING: Texas A&M ends it’s North Shore drought as national top-100 WR Shadrach Banks commits to the Aggies

https://t.co/5AvEM4Ykzx https://t.co/JQBcM6nP1M

Nice pickup

2021 starting out all kinds of nice so far. Stowers, Banks. Hope to see some more North Shore kids coming. Curious to see if Davis is willing to be part of a 2 QB class. Then there’s some RB for 2020 that’s supposed to be good but who knows?

16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

2021 starting out all kinds of nice so far. Stowers, Banks. Hope to see some more North Shore kids coming. Curious to see if Davis is willing to be part of a 2 QB class. Then there’s some RB for 2020 that’s supposed to be good but who knows?

Nice pickup. He's a stud!