Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Even if Herman negative recruited with A&M as his target and Demas got all butthurt we shouldn’t think that A&M hasn’t negatively spoken about UT and our conference either like other football staffs aren’t negative selling all the time, including A&M. I mean, one of A&M’s main recruiting pitches has to be how mighty and superior the SEC is as compared to the Big 12. Is that not belittling to UT, I’d say it is? 

So, if Herman or Ehlinger got up there and said a few things that put the Aggies in a less than desirable light it’s not the end of the world.

With all that being said, I’d hope UT coaches and players do not consistently negatively recruit and run other programs into the ground, because that’s no way to be. 

🤘🏻

Talking up your conference is NOT the same thing as directly naming another school and negatively recruiting them. That being said, I’m sure negative recruiting happens everywhere. But Herman needs to be an adult here. You don’t get in front of a group of recruits, of which half or more are seriously considering A&M, and make fun of them like he did the Missouri Qb. Herman just does things that show so much immaturity sometimes. I’m not saying he’s not a decent coach or that Texas should fire him or anything like that, but you have to admit the guy does some very immature stuff. 

33 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Talking up your conference is NOT the same thing as directly naming another school and negatively recruiting them. That being said, I’m sure negative recruiting happens everywhere. But Herman needs to be an adult here. You don’t get in front of a group of recruits, of which half or more are seriously considering A&M, and make fun of them like he did the Missouri Qb. Herman just does things that show so much immaturity sometimes. I’m not saying he’s not a decent coach or that Texas should fire him or anything like that, but you have to admit the guy does some very immature stuff. 

If that’s 100% accurate of what happened, does that mean the other recruits weren’t bothered by it?  I’ve read that what bothered Demas so bad was what Sam said to the players.  I’ve also read where his handler has said Demas wasn’t nearly as mad as certain reporters made it out to be.

43 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Every media outlet but hookem247 has touched on it in some matter. Both orangebloods and and every Aggie site. Take your pick and go look for yourself. 

That’s not what I asked.  You guys are always asking for info to back up something.  I just want to know where you got yours.  I’ve read on Hookem that Tom made comments.  I know where you got your info, just want to see if you’re willing to stick it out there

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If that’s 100% accurate of what happened, does that mean the other recruits weren’t bothered by it?  I’ve read that what bothered Demas so bad was what Sam said to the players.  I’ve also read where his handler has said Demas wasn’t nearly as mad as certain reporters made it out to be.

That’s not what I asked.  You guys are always asking for info to back up something.  I just want to know where you got yours.  I’ve read on Hookem that Tom made comments.  I know where you got your info, just want to see if you’re willing to stick it out there

Right now there are no direct quotes because every recruiting site is not wanting to reveal sources. But every recruiting site is roughing on it. If that’s not enough I understand, but it is what it is. 

And why do texas fans refer to FWK as a handler? Y’all don’t have a problem with him when he’s bringing kids to your campus and some of your recruits or commits have ties to him. It’s only when you lose a recruit and he’s tied to him that he’s a problem. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Every media outlet but hookem247 has touched on it in some matter. Both orangebloods and and every Aggie site. Take your pick and go look for yourself. 

I'm on orangebloods every day. I haven't seen anything regarding this. You're the one that said it happened. If you can't post links to back it up, then don't make the accusations. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I agree with you in that Herman has acted inappropriately in the past. The Missouri QB situation is the example I think of. Mack Brown would NEVER have done that - nothing even close - and I wish Herman hadn’t have. I would not run A&M down in a pitch to recruits I was hosting as the HC of the University of Texas. Nope, not happening, and I hope he didn’t do that!

39 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

No direct quotes huh?

Are you illiterate? You do realize Hamm didn’t directly quote anything in those two photos don’t you? He just talked about the story. Which is why I didn’t cite him. 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I'm on orangebloods every day. I haven't seen anything regarding this. You're the one that said it happened. If you can't post links to back it up, then don't make the accusations. 

I was not going to post anything that wasn’t a direct quote to back my evidence. I’m just basing my idea on what happened by the various sites account of what happened. But no matter what I post you guys will discredit it without a direct quote, which I haven’t seen anybody willing to give at the moment. This is one of those things everyone pretty much knows happened, even Texas fans, but you’re gonna play the “quotes or it didn’t happen” card like someone burying their head in the sand. Herman walks on water to you I bet: 

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I was not going to post anything that wasn’t a direct quote to back my evidence. I’m just basing my idea on what happened by the various sites account of what happened. But no matter what I post you guys will discredit it without a direct quote, which I haven’t seen anybody willing to give at the moment. This is one of those things everyone pretty much knows happened, even Texas fans, but you’re gonna play the “quotes or it didn’t happen” card like someone burying their head in the sand. Herman walks on water to you I bet: 

I asked you to provide a link to anything said because I could not find anything...hence, I did look. The only thing I am finding at all, is that Ehlinger and Matthew McConaughey made some comments, but not Herman. The only person I've seen say otherwise, is Taylor Hamm. 

Hamm walks on water to you I bet...see how stupid that sounds Wet? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I asked you to provide a link to anything said because I could not find anything...hence, I did look. The only thing I am finding at all, is that Ehlinger and Matthew McConaughey made some comments, but not Herman. The only person I've seen say otherwise, is Taylor Hamm. 

Hamm walks on water to you I bet...see how stupid that sounds Wet? 

No I do not think Hamm is the tell all truth. Every site has talked about how Demas did not have a great visit. I know for a fact orangeblood said that. Since you’re on the site I’m not going to waste my time digging it up.  But they Said his visit didn’t go well and they had ground to make up. And the reason I haven’t posted anything is because the story is still up in the air. Hamm is saying some details, but everyone else is just saying some stuff happened. Do we believe Hamm? He claims to have spoken to Demas directly and Demas even retweeded him. I feel like if Demas wanted the story set straight he would have done it. Hamm May very well be lying or he might not. But something happened as every site is saying the visit didn’t go well. 

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No I do not think Hamm is the tell all truth. Every site has talked about how Demas did not have a great visit. I know for a fact orangeblood said that. Since you’re on the site I’m not going to waste my time digging it up.  But they Said his visit didn’t go well and they had ground to make up. And the reason I haven’t posted anything is because the story is still up in the air. Hamm is saying some details, but everyone else is just saying some stuff happened. Do we believe Hamm? He claims to have spoken to Demas directly and Demas even retweeded him. I feel like if Demas wanted the story set straight he would have done it. Hamm May very well be lying or he might not. But something happened as every site is saying the visit didn’t go well. 

I'm not questioning how the trip went. I'm not questioning whether Herman made comments about another conference or school. Heck, I'd expect that! He's competing against them. I think someone would have to be naive to not believe all coaches don't do that. 

What I am questioning are the derogatory comments Herman allegedly made to a 5* recruit he's trying to flip. That makes no sense. 

And I see nothing on Demas' Twitter regarding it either. 

55 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Are you illiterate? You do realize Hamm didn’t directly quote anything in those two photos don’t you? He just talked about the story. Which is why I didn’t cite him. 

he can’t direct quote himself can he?!?! those are pretty much where the  “talk without direct quotes” got started.  He flat out said it himself..   When reporters state they’re hearing rumors..... it means they don’t necessarily trust the source they got it from.  Hamm is the only person I’ve seen come out and say that Tom Herman said anything.  Other sites are just tagging along.  Texas sites are saying it might’ve been Tom but mostly Sam and McConnaughy.  So if you’re going to say it happened due to rumors at least know where the rumors started.  

13 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I'm not questioning how the trip went. I'm not questioning whether Herman made comments about another conference or school. Heck, I'd expect that! He's competing against them. I think someone would have to be naive to not believe all coaches don't do that. 

What I am questioning are the derogatory comments Herman allegedly made to a 5* recruit he's trying to flip. That makes no sense. 

And I see nothing on Demas' Twitter regarding it either. 

You’re prolly not going to see it either.  FWK called Hamm out about why he was bringing so much heat down on Demas

8B168B72-51FE-48C5-8D8B-95B7DEA2913A.jpeg

35 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Every site is saying they’ve heard.... or rumors are.  There’s but one that threw it out there.  Even Perroni said it was rumors....

585F8858-0F82-4008-BFB9-F2F910A7B14F.jpeg

Hamm is the only person claiming to have spoken with Demas himself. No other site is saying that. So either Hamm is lying about what demas told him, or demas is lying about what he told Hamm happened, or other sources are lying about what really happened. Either way, SOMETHING happened because everyone agrees Demas didn’t enjoy the visit. So what’s your opinion? 

B2C00256-41B4-405A-8DE7-6405409AF051.png

56 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Lol, Dude if you believe that clown doesn’t stretch anything you’re gullible.  He’s known for embellishing severely.  

So Demas spoke with him personally, then retweeted the story Hamm put out, and is letting Hamm do this without calling him out? So far Hamm is the ONLY person claiming to have spoken directly with Demas. So he’s the only one with info straight from the horses mouth, yet we shouldn’t believe anything he said? 

EJ is the real liar here. He said straight up this was 100% false at first and that Demas visit went “very well.” Then after every other source including Texas sides said the opposite, he changed his story to it might have went poorly, but it’s because Demas is a drama queen. Gathering all of this without ever speaking to Demas personally about this issue...If you believe a word of anything EJ ever says, you’re gullible. 

37 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So Demas spoke with him personally, then retweeted the story Hamm put out, and is letting Hamm do this without calling him out? So far Hamm is the ONLY person claiming to have spoken directly with Demas. So he’s the only one with info straight from the horses mouth, yet we shouldn’t believe anything he said? 

EJ is the real liar here. He said straight up this was 100% false at first and that Demas visit went “very well.” Then after every other source including Texas sides said the opposite, he changed his story to it might have went poorly, but it’s because Demas is a drama queen. Gathering all of this without ever speaking to Demas personally about this issue...If you believe a word of anything EJ ever says, you’re gullible. 

Who knows.  All we have proof of is Hamm saying that Herman went on and on to the recruits.  Everybody else still calling it rumors.  Lots of sites saying it wasn’t Herman it was Sam and mM.  With the history Hamm has of leading readers onto something to be totally wrong I’d say yes you shouldnt believe dang near all of his writings.  

Edited by DB2point0