The Smoakhouse Forums

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Corbin, I forget about Cordarrian Richardson, Spiller...things should be good in the backfield. Get Zach Evans for 2020 and things would look real good.

I think Corbin will have a breakout season. He is extremely talented! 

• Like 1

D90C17DB-35B8-46AA-88FD-FAE79D63226F.jpeg

Thats just a clean, classic look. The stripes looked good as throwback for a year or two but these, these are timeless. 4A89980B-72DA-4AB4-BE81-BC96059E5104.jpeg

I’ll be honest. I was a fan of the tie dye collar back in the day.

• Like 1

Center Erik McCoy has declared for the draft as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nick2011 said:

Center Erik McCoy has declared for the draft as well. 

So pretty much everybody we expected to go pro (Trayveon, Sternberger, McCoy) went Pro. Dodson kinda shocked me. I really thought he might come back. How do Y’all think the line will look next year? 

Just now, Stoney said:

So pretty much everybody we expected to go pro (Trayveon, Sternberger, McCoy) went Pro. Dodson kinda shocked me. I really thought he might come back. How do Y’all think the line will look next year? 

The offensive line will be much better next season. Between Corbin progressing and the offensive line returning, I truthfully don’t expect the running game to take a hit. I truthfully think corbin might even be a better runner than Williams overall. Where Williams will be missed the most is blocking and third down assignments. He’s not really a freak athlete or anything, but he was durable and handled a heavy workload well is why he looked as good as he did this season. Corbin might be better pure runner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Yeah Dodson shocked me also. I guess he heard good news about his draft stock. The offensive line should be pretty solid next year. I think we are only losing 2 starters. Kenyon Green will make an instant impact on the OL. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The offensive line will be much better next season. Between Corbin progressing and the offensive line returning, I truthfully don’t expect the running game to take a hit. I truthfully think corbin might even be a better runner than Williams overall. Where Williams will be missed the most is blocking and third down assignments. He’s not really a freak athlete or anything, but he was durable and handled a heavy workload well is why he looked as good as he did this season. Corbin might be better pure runner. 

I agree, Corbin is someone I’m most excited to see play next year. I’m so glad Fisher was able to close in on him late last year and get him to College Station. 

• Like 1

Think Kenyon Green walks in as day 1 starter at LT or do y’all think they start him inside at G or maybe RT? Maybe a LT Kenyon, LG Hocker, C Mathews, RG Prater/Jenkins, RT Green look next year? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dodson kinda shocked me.

ATM that looks like a thin linebacker unit going into next season and counting on a couple of guys coming off season ending injuries.  I'm surprised Jimbo didn't go after a juco linebacker to provide immediate depth/help.  Maybe look at the grad transfer market??

18 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Think Kenyon Green walks in as day 1 starter at LT or do y’all think they start him inside at G or maybe RT? Maybe a LT Kenyon, LG Hocker, C Mathews, RG Prater/Jenkins, RT Green look next year? 

I say either LT or RT. Could go either way with him. 

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

ATM that looks like a thin linebacker unit going into next season and counting on a couple of guys coming off season ending injuries.  I'm surprised Jimbo didn't go after a juco linebacker to provide immediate depth/help.  Maybe look at the grad transfer market??

There wasn’t many juco linebackers who would be more than just a body in the position. They are moving Hansford to LB which he was a 4 star recruit at the position so I’m curious to see how he does with an off season of practice. And the kid from Pennsylvania is a stud. He would be a high 4 star in a place like Florida or Texas but he didn’t get the rankings being from PA. But he’s the type of kid penn st or Michigan turns into a All American. He’s probably the most important recruit of the class and he’s a early enrollee. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I think he’s your left tackle by SEC play next season. He’s on the same level as Matthews and LJ in terms of being physically ready as a freshman to compete. I think he’s LT and you move Moore into his more natural spot at LG taking Sutherland’s place. 

LT Kenyon Green

LG Moore

C McCullem or Matthews

RG Hocker

RT Carson Green

thats the starting 5 by week 4 imo. 

• Like 1

For Jimbo to sign 26, he has to have 26 spots open on the 85. 13 seniors are graduating, so that leaves 13 spots. McCoy, Trayveon, Sternberger, Dodson are going pro. Montel Parker, Jordan Moore, Klyde Chriss are transferring. That leaves 6 spots needing to be opened. Charles Strong is reportedly in the transfer protocol. That’s 5. Starkel could grad transfer. That’s 4. 

17 minutes ago, Stoney said:

For Jimbo to sign 26, he has to have 26 spots open on the 85. 13 seniors are graduating, so that leaves 13 spots. McCoy, Trayveon, Sternberger, Dodson are going pro. Montel Parker, Jordan Moore, Klyde Chriss are transferring. That leaves 6 spots needing to be opened. Charles Strong is reportedly in the transfer protocol. That’s 5. Starkel could grad transfer. That’s 4. 

We won’t see the spots open up for all 26 until after spring ball. You only have to be under the 85 by start of fall so you’ll see a few guys leave after spring practice if they aren’t progressing. The staff will handle this one way or another. Lots of dead weight on the roster right now that will be convinced to leave when they are still sitting 3rd string or less after spring practices. 

• Like 1

^ I didn’t know Moses Reynolds was still on the team. Talk about dead weight. Lol

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

^ I didn’t know Moses Reynolds was still on the team. Talk about dead weight. Lol

Is Kellen Deisch still on the roster?  Aggie version of JP Urquidez at Texas.  Both way overrated 4* that have never and will never see the field.

6 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Is Kellen Deisch still on the roster?  Aggie version of JP Urquidez at Texas.  Both way overrated 4* that have never and will never see the field.

I’m seeing where he played in 9 games? Extra point team maybe?

5 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Kellen needed to add 40 bounds before he would be able to do anything at the D1 level. Everyone knew it but he projected to have good feet. The comparable player is Hoofkin or whatever his name is that you guys just signed. High upside because of his athletic ability, but it’s hard to put on that amount of weight and maintain the athletic ability you were ranked highly for. At the least it’s going to take 2-3 years. Deisch still has some time to do something, but I doubt he will. 

Just now, WETSU said:

Kellen needed to add 40 bounds before he would be able to do anything at the D1 level. Everyone knew it but he projected to have good feet. The comparable player is Hoofkin or whatever his name is that you guys just signed. High upside because of his athletic ability, but it’s hard to put on that amount of weight and maintain the athletic ability you were ranked highly for. At the least it’s going to take 2-3 years. Deisch still has some time to do something, but I doubt he will. 

I didn't know he came in light weighted.  Seems like some kids can add the needed weight quickly and some just can't do it ala Deisch and Urquidez.  Wasn't Carson Green light coming in?  Thought I remembered his recruiting page listed him at around 260 or so.  Same as Cosmi at Texas.  Think he was 260-270 coming in and he's arguably Texas's best OL, at about 300 lbs. and one the strongest in the weight program.

I guess the other Anderson twin is still on the team?

Carson Green has definitely been a 3* hit. 

6 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I didn't know he came in light weighted.  Seems like some kids can add the needed weight quickly and some just can't do it ala Deisch and Urquidez.  Wasn't Carson Green light coming in?  Thought I remembered his recruiting page listed him at around 260 or so.  Same as Cosmi at Texas.  Think he was 260-270 coming in and he's arguably Texas's best OL, at about 300 lbs. and one the strongest in the weight program.

Green came in at 285 and had olineman body type just needed some more weight. Kellen came in at 270 but was built like a TE. In fact, he had only been playing OT for 1 year before getting to campus if I recall correctly. And also has had a shoulder injury while on campus that required him to miss nearly an entire offseason of weight room. I’m not ready to call him a complete bust just yet, but I’m also not expecting anything meaningful from him. Especially not with the tackles A&M brought in behind him. 

Hopefully we land Marcus Banks today, but it looks like he’s leaning more towards Bama 

12 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Hopefully we land Marcus Banks today, but it looks like he’s leaning more towards Bama 

If we miss out on Banks, do we focus on getting Lee or try to flip Shepherd?