Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

On 1/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, I don’t know why they’re ashamed to type Texas A&M Aggies rather than Fighting Texas Aggies.

We’ve all been over this in the past and I still don’t understand why Aggies seem to refuse to write A&M. Everyone statewide and nationally know them as A&M and you’d figure Aggies would like nothing more than to differentiate themselves from UT.

Instead, it appears they want to be known as the Texas Aggies, it’s silly. 

I know one of the Aggies came up with some historical confirmation that they are in fact the Texas Aggies, but guess what, no you’re not anymore. You are Texas A&M University.

Accept it!

Aggies, you are the Fighting Texas A&M Aggies, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Embrace the full name of your university and please quit trying to prove to the world you’re on the same level as the Texas Longhorns. If you’d just let it go and be who you are it’d look a lot better.

A-freakin'-MEN. We're not just Texas. We're TEXAS A&M.

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

A-freakin'-MEN. We're not just Texas. We're TEXAS A&M.

You’ve probably never been on campus if you don’t get this and you claim to be an Aggie.  

I truthfully don’t understand how people aren’t understanding this. I truly don’t. Is it low IQ? Pride? Stubbornness? What is not making sense about the several explanations and factual evidence provided? 

23 hours ago, WETSU said:

You’ve probably never been on campus if you don’t get this and you claim to be an Aggie.  

I truthfully don’t understand how people aren’t understanding this. I truly don’t. Is it low IQ? Pride? Stubbornness? What is not making sense about the several explanations and factual evidence provided? 

Wow. That kind of arrogance is what makes real Aggies shake our heads. "Aggies" like you should've just gone to t.u. As is, please keep your attitude for the country club. The rest of us don't want anything to do with Austin, the Longhorn Network, or playing that university's football team in a bowl game anytime soon. Mainly because of the uppity kind of attitude you just displayed. We are PROUDLY students and alumni of TEXAS A&M UNIVERISTY.

2 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Wow. That kind of arrogance is what makes real Aggies shake our heads. "Aggies" like you should've just gone to t.u. As is, please keep your attitude for the country club. The rest of us don't want anything to do with Austin, the Longhorn Network, or playing that university's football team in a bowl game anytime soon. Mainly because of the uppity kind of attitude you just displayed. We are PROUDLY students and alumni of TEXAS A&M UNIVERISTY.

Then you'd understand the difference in team name and school name lol

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Exactly. Any Aggie would know what this is about. And it has NOTHING to do with being compared to Texas or anything like that...  I mean how many times would you have to hear “Fightin Texas Aggie first down”, at a game before you understood even if you didn’t attend the university and know the history? I mean if the guy wants to get offended by my comments then fine. I’m beginning to think it’s a Texas fan trolling... There’s just no way anyone who’s spent even 1 day on campus doesn’t understand what we’ve been saying this entire time. 

On 1/9/2019 at 3:06 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. We're the Fighting Aggies of Texas A&M Univeristy. The Texas A&M Fighting Aggies. Anyway you cut it, we are not Texas University, so we're not the Texas Aggies. No more than "Helter Skelter" is a call to start a race revolution or however Manson misinterpretted it.

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Yep. We're the Fighting Aggies of Texas A&M Univeristy. The Texas A&M Fighting Aggies. Anyway you cut it, we are not Texas University, so we're not the Texas Aggies. No more than "Helter Skelter" is a call to start a race revolution or however Manson misinterpretted it.

This is simply incorrect, and your troll job is failing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Heard Ellison could JUCO or gray shirt? That could give us a shot to flip Shepherd and still add a LB/CB.

I think you see Shepherd and the last spot is up for grabs for a couple of guys, but A&M wants it to be the linebacker Lee from Louisiana. But I don’t think that’s likely. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think you see Shepherd and the last spot is up for grabs for a couple of guys, but A&M wants it to be the linebacker Lee from Louisiana. But I don’t think that’s likely. 

That he didn’t visit this weekend kinda shut that door.

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

I see us landing Shepherd and CB Ainias Smith 

I really don’t like smith that much. He’s just a place filler really. I’d rather save the spot for next years class if that’s who they plan on putting in it. But I’m sure this staff has a plan. 

22 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I think if the Aggies go 8-4, there may be an explosion in College Station. With the high grade on the recruiting class, expectations and pressure would be so much higher.

No. A&M plays an unreal schedule. Matter of fact, A&M has 4 of the preseason top 10, 3 of which are in the road. CBS just put out their list and A&M plays the entire top 4. To escape next season anything better than 9-3 would be a huge victory. Everyone in college station knows that the schedule puts real limitations on expectations for next season. 

31 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I think if the Aggies go 8-4, there may be an explosion in College Station. With the high grade on the recruiting class, expectations and pressure would be so much higher.

that was part of Sumlin's problem.  The expectations were too high based on what he did year 1...  and the fact that he just wasn't a good coach there

38 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

No that would be very successful year. In order for A&M to be ok if they sweep 

Win @ home 

Sweep Mississippi school

Arkansas Auburn South Carolina are wins 

Competitive against Bama and Lsu. 

Win bowl game.

47 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

That recruiting class won't make an impact for a year or two. Throw in a killer schedule and you'll see a better team with a worse record.