Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

This would be a great year for some David to come along and topple Goliath. 'Bama has had a lot of player/coaching attrition so far this off-season. 

Yeah, they still have Nick and Tua (and enough five-stars to populate a small galaxy), but this would be the perfect year for Cinderella to punch her ticket to the ball. 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

This would be a great year for some David to come along and topple Goliath. 'Bama has had a lot of player/coaching attrition so far this off-season. 

Yeah, they still have Nick and Tua (and enough five-stars to populate a small galaxy), but this would be the perfect year for Cinderella to punch her ticket to the ball. 

The Cinderella you speak of... is that LSU, Georgia, or Florida?  :lol: 

• LOL! 1

37 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The Cinderella you speak of... is that LSU, Georgia, or Florida?  :lol: 

I'm non-committal on the who...  just saying that Alabama looks very mortal.

I won't say weak, but they don't look superhuman right now. 

On 1/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, ETXfan16 said:

I think we will see strong A&M teams in 2020 and 2021. 

2020 could be a great year. Potentially bring back Mond who will by that point in time probably have 34 career starts (when was the last time you’ve seen that lately in CFB) and all of the WRs this year were sophomores as well as 3 of the starting 5 offensive line. It’s possible A&M has 7 offensive starters each with 26+ starts under their belt in 2020. 2020 could be an extremely veteran heavy team with a ton of young talent as well between the last 2 classes plus 2020 class. Plus Clemson and Georgia are no longer on the schedule. I think if every one returns for 2020 that is eligible to, 2020 could be the year we see A&M truly push for a conference title.

all that said, the schedule is just too brutal for anything serious this year. When was the last time you’ve seen a team play 3 consensus preseason top 5 teams and come out with a good record lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

2020 could be a great year. Potentially bring back Mond who will by that point in time probably have 34 career starts (when was the last time you’ve seen that lately in CFB) and all of the WRs this year were sophomores as well as 3 of the starting 5 offensive line. It’s possible A&M has 7 offensive starters each with 26+ starts under their belt in 2020. 2020 could be an extremely veteran heavy team with a ton of young talent as well between the last 2 classes plus 2020 class. Plus Clemson and Georgia are no longer on the schedule. I think if every one returns for 2020 that is eligible to, 2020 could be the year we see A&M truly push for a conference title.

all that said, the schedule is just too brutal for anything serious this year. When was the last time you’ve seen a team play 3 consensus preseason top 5 teams and come out with a good record lol. 

Good points, but if those sophomores have a pretty good year you know some will be gone. I predict the big WR with the dreadlocks heading to the NFL if he plays at the level I've seen him play in big games. I do think Mond will be back unless Fisher does some kind of miracle work. 

24 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Good points, but if those sophomores have a pretty good year you know some will be gone. I predict the big WR with the dreadlocks heading to the NFL if he plays at the level I've seen him play in big games. I do think Mond will be back unless Fisher does some kind of miracle work. 

It’s possible some of the WRs leave early I agree. But I think they have recruited well at that position. I’m more interested in a very experienced Mond, oline deep with experience, and you gotta figure that probably at least 2 of the 4 heavy playing time WRs come back. Plus they have recruited extremely well to fill some gaps. 

29 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

He’s been committed to Texas, but not many have felt confident in his commitment.  

I’ve always thought this would be a battle either way. When he committed to Texas I thought it was seemingly rushed compared to how his recruitment was going. I’ve also read rumors where he has since split up with his girlfriend that was going to Texas (she announced she was going there and he committed just a short time after) so that may or may not have anything to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’ve always thought this would be a battle either way. When he committed to Texas I thought it was seemingly rushed compared to how his recruitment was going. I’ve also read rumors where he has since split up with his girlfriend that was going to Texas (she announced she was going there and he committed just a short time after) so that may or may not have anything to do with it. 

I’ve given up on trying to guess when it pertains to a 17-18 boy.  

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve given up on trying to guess when it pertains to a 17-18 boy.  

I agree. But it’s always been obvious his girlfriend going to Texas was a major factor. And some 17 year old guys will make decisions based off of that. 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

I agree. But it’s always been obvious his girlfriend going to Texas was a major factor. And some 17 year old guys will make decisions based off of that. 

Yea I can see that.  But Texas had done a good job recruiting him til the point where he was dismissed from his HS team. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yep. That's why I'm a Sooner.  :D 

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

This year... LSU :lol: 

6 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Yea I can see that.  But Texas had done a good job recruiting him til the point where he was dismissed from his HS team. 

I get that, but his recruitment to A&M was also going well until his girlfriend was going to Texas. I know you don’t believe that, but it is what it is. The girlfriend was a deciding factor. I don’t believe at that time it was anything that either team did that pulled him one way or another. It was very much at 50/50 recruitment if not even slightly more A&M if you go by some national experts opinions. 

And I think EVERY school sort of slowed down recruiting him for a while after that HS team incident. I know A&M did because they also didn’t think they would have room for him. It wasn’t until the missed out on some of the big out of state recruits that they picked up the pursuit a few weeks ago. Remember he met with A&M coaches shortly before ESD and decided not to sign. Either way, it’s been a lot of drama with this kid. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I get that, but his recruitment to A&M was also going well until his girlfriend was going to Texas. I know you don’t believe that, but it is what it is. The girlfriend was a deciding factor. I don’t believe at that time it was anything that either team did that pulled him one way or another. It was very much at 50/50 recruitment if not even slightly more A&M if you go by some national experts opinions. 

And I think EVERY school sort of slowed down recruiting him for a while after that HS team incident. I know A&M did because they also didn’t think they would have room for him. It wasn’t until the missed out on some of the big out of state recruits that they picked up the pursuit a few weeks ago. Remember he met with A&M coaches shortly before ESD and decided not to sign. Either way, it’s been a lot of drama with this kid. 

It played in but was not the deciding factor.  I personally think something fishy happened with his handler.  Everybody loved Willie Lyles until he started smelling fishy.  I see what some others are saying about his handler.  He went from going to sign on ESD, to taking 3-4 more OV, tweets about feeding his family, to de committing.  Might be absolutely nothing to it, but something just doesn’t right 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

It played in but was not the deciding factor.  I personally think something fishy happened with his handler.  Everybody loved Willie Lyles until he started smelling fishy.  I see what some others are saying about his handler.  He went from going to sign on ESD, to taking 3-4 more OV, tweets about feeding his family, to de committing.  Might be absolutely nothing to it, but something just doesn’t right 

Well it’s definitely your opinion it wasn’t the deciding factor.

i agree the FWK is a shady character. But like I said earlier, similar things have been done in Texas favor with him as well. That’s just part of the game these days with recruits. There are tons of top ranked recruits using FWK. 

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Well it’s definitely your opinion it wasn’t the deciding factor.

i agree the FWK is a shady character. But like I said earlier, similar things have been done in Texas favor with him as well. That’s just part of the game these days with recruits. There are tons of top ranked recruits using FWK. 

Yes its definitely my opinion.  He was supposed to sign ESD.  He was all Texas.  The only ones I heard otherwise were a few Aggies.  

About fwk and shepherd....  I’m not saying it’s shady just towards aTm.  Yes Texas signed some kids that worked with him.   I just think it’s odd that a grown man takes so much interest in a bunch of kids across the state that he’s “just got their best interest at heart”.  You know what I mean?! Like the other poster said, I feel he would’ve signed ESD had it not been for this man.  I think the guy is lyles2.0 trying to make some under the table cash off a bunch of kids.  Why do these kids’ high school coaches not get more involved in these kids’ recruitment???  

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

When I say good I’m talking about championship caliber good. Go sit down. LSU couldn’t even beat A&M. 🙄

Just so we are clear... before losing to A&M in a 10 hour game... LSU was not in talks of sneaking into the playoffs?  Can you tell me how many top 10 teams LSU defeated?  Also did LSU not have a better record than A&M in like opponents this year (you know, since we are taking cheap shots.). 

And when you say championship caliber teams are we anointing an A&M team in 2020 that none of us have even seen?  :lol:  go to bed @WETSU, your homerism is showing 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Yes its definitely my opinion.  He was supposed to sign ESD.  He was all Texas.  The only ones I heard otherwise were a few Aggies.  

About fwk and shepherd....  I’m not saying it’s shady just towards aTm.  Yes Texas signed some kids that worked with him.   I just think it’s odd that a grown man takes so much interest in a bunch of kids across the state that he’s “just got their best interest at heart”.  You know what I mean?! Like the other poster said, I feel he would’ve signed ESD had it not been for this man.  I think the guy is lyles2.0 trying to make some under the table cash off a bunch of kids.  Why do these kids’ high school coaches not get more involved in these kids’ recruitment???  

Well that’s the same way it was before he committed to Texas. Most people thought he was “all A&M” except a few Texas mods/fans. Then his girlfriend getting into Texas happened and about 2 weeks later he’s committed to Texas.... 

And to be fair, your not giving Jimbo and his staff enough credit on why he didn’t sign with texas on ESD. This wasn’t just because FWK was involved...