Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

28 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Nobody is denying why he left. It was about family and getting back closer to home. Those things are still factors and he might not make a move at all. This rumor is not from Lucci. It’s being addressed by every outlet. Nobody is saying this is a done deal or anything like that. Just that there’s legitimate interest. It would have been shut down quickly if this wasn’t real. 

Again, nobody is saying it’s a sure thing or denying his reasons for leaving the first time. 

I asked if the rumor was started with lucci.  Others can take a rumor and talk about it.  UNC site said the issue started with texags and the others are running with it.  they’re saying there’s no interest from brewster’s side and it’d take a large sum of money to get him back, think $1million plus for a position coach for him to consider it.  Does that sound like legitimate interest?  It does it Fisher and the AD are willing to spend that on a position coach or offer a co-OC title or something.  Mack brown also stated he doesn’t expect any other staff changes other than the firing he just did.  

as far as the sure thing comment you made.  I guess I misunderstood what Lion was saying, which is easy to do.  It sounded like he said the Aggies are going to welcome him back.  If there’s a legit chance he could come back, I could see that they “would” welcome him back.  He’s a good coach and great recruiter, a lot to offer.  The reasons why he left just far outweigh any thoughts of why he’d come back imo.  Does that help clear it up from my side?  How Lion got there was a grudge involved is beyond me

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I asked if the rumor was started with lucci.  Others can take a rumor and talk about it.  UNC site said the issue started with texags and the others are running with it.  they’re saying there’s no interest from brewster’s side and it’d take a large sum of money to get him back, think $1million plus for a position coach for him to consider it.  Does that sound like legitimate interest?  It does it Fisher and the AD are willing to spend that on a position coach or offer a co-OC title or something.  Mack brown also stated he doesn’t expect any other staff changes other than the firing he just did.  

as far as the sure thing comment you made.  I guess I misunderstood what Lion was saying, which is easy to do.  It sounded like he said the Aggies are going to welcome him back.  If there’s a legit chance he could come back, I could see that they “would” welcome him back.  He’s a good coach and great recruiter, a lot to offer.  The reasons why he left just far outweigh any thoughts of why he’d come back imo.  Does that help clear it up from my side?  How Lion got there was a grudge involved is beyond me

Just because something is said on the UNC site does not make it fact. Just because Mack said something about replacing staff does not make this a done deal. 

I can promise you one thing, the mods on 24/7 are not sunshine pumpers. They do not just go along with rumors or what lucci May or may not have started. If they are addressing it, it’s because they have talked to sources around situation and thought interest was sincere enough it could be addressed. You can believe what you want to believe and take the UNC words as gospel if you want to. But this same song and dance has been done about tons of coaches then a week later moves are made. Again I’m not saying this will for sure happen, but just because UNC reports it will take 1mil plus or Mack says something does not make it fact. There are two sides to this and we haven’t heard from Brewster or his agent about the matter yet so until then it’s just a possibility. 

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Just because something is said on the UNC site does not make it fact. Just because Mack said something about replacing staff does not make this a done deal. 

I can promise you one thing, the mods on 24/7 are not sunshine pumpers. They do not just go along with rumors or what lucci May or may not have started. If they are addressing it, it’s because they have talked to sources around situation and thought interest was sincere enough it could be addressed. You can believe what you want to believe and take the UNC words as gospel if you want to. But this same song and dance has been done about tons of coaches then a week later moves are made. Again I’m not saying this will for sure happen, but just because UNC reports it will take 1mil plus or Mack says something does not make it fact. There are two sides to this and we haven’t heard from Brewster or his agent about the matter yet so until then it’s just a possibility. 

So one set of mods only say something if it’s vetted and factual, but mods from other team sites just throw stuff out there and hope it sticks.  I see how you think. 

But it works both ways.  You can take the Aggie mods as gospel if you want.  Like you said, it’s merely a possibility, but there’s more leading to it not happening.  

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

So one set of mods only say something if it’s vetted and factual, but mods from other team sites just throw stuff out there and hope it sticks.  I see how you think. 

But it works both ways.  You can take the Aggie mods as gospel if you want.  Like you said, it’s merely a possibility, but there’s more leading to it not happening.  

I was kinda curious why someone like yourself is always  concerned about all A&M . I get it you don't like them but that is a lot of invested time in a program that one is not interested in. I gotta hand it to you being consistent like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Stop being a tool. 

I have clearly said many times nothing is for sure. But use your brain. How many times have you seen coaches and mods of sites say there is nothing to see here and then shortly after something happens? 

I am not saying that UNC mods don’t know anything. I am saying that when two sides are reporting something different, the truth is often cloudy and somewhere in the middle. But you’re such a Aggie hater you are obsessed with this topic and having that “in your face” moment if Brewster stays. Nobody on this site is even saying it will happen though. Just there’s smoke. 

36 minutes ago, WETSU said:

But you’re such a Aggie hater you are obsessed with this topic and having that “in your face” moment if Brewster stays. 

That's what 90% of his posts are, which is why I stopped engaging in good faith. Now, he just whines about me not talking to him in good faith, which is fine by me. 

• LOL! 1

37 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Stop being a tool. 

I have clearly said many times nothing is for sure. But use your brain. How many times have you seen coaches and mods of sites say there is nothing to see here and then shortly after something happens? 

I am not saying that UNC mods don’t know anything. I am saying that when two sides are reporting something different, the truth is often cloudy and somewhere in the middle. But you’re such a Aggie hater you are obsessed with this topic and having that “in your face” moment if Brewster stays. Nobody on this site is even saying it will happen though. Just there’s smoke. 

You said there was legitimate interest.  I’d call it speculated interest.

im not hating.  You call it engaging in discussion.  We were having a good discussion til you dropped the insults

I’m not sure if this helps the discussion or not but Eric Nahlin from Inside Texas wrote on Wednesday that Brewster would be a candidate for the TE coaching spot at ATM once the current coach went to Ole Miss. I saw him put it out before anyone from any ATM mod. 
I think it has legs. 

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

I’m not sure if this helps the discussion or not but Eric Nahlin from Inside Texas wrote on Wednesday that Brewster would be a candidate for the TE coaching spot at ATM once the current coach went to Ole Miss. I saw him put it out before anyone from any ATM mod. 
I think it has legs. 

Of course it has legs. DB is just so giddy with excitement that A&M might get turned down that he can’t help himself. 

It may not even happen, but it has legs. 

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think it has legs. 

I was just telling the guy what I read on a UNC site.  Who knows?  ATm May offer Brewster $1million a year to coach TEs.  Sure it’s possible.  The UNC guy was saying what he had been told, and it was Brewster was staying and it’d take a large sum to lure him away.  That’s all

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I was just telling the guy what I read on a UNC site.  Who knows?  ATm May offer Brewster $1million a year to coach TEs.  Sure it’s possible.  The UNC guy was saying what he had been told, and it was Brewster was staying and it’d take a large sum to lure him away.  That’s all

I understand what the UNC guy was saying. But there was no direct quote from Brewster in what he said. He’s going by rumors and what he’s been told as well as the A&M side is going on rumors and what they have been told. 

The problem I have with your approach to this whole thing is you’re basing your entire argument on what a UNC mod says with no direct quote from Brewster himself. Which is fine if you want to take that approach. But then you act like it’s gospel and that it must take 1 mil or it won’t happen. All I’m saying is there are two sides to this. You could be right by listening to the UNC guy. You could be dead wrong. But stop being so arrogant about it and admit this could be a fluid situation and until we hear the announcement of a hire for A&M anything is possible. How many times have we heard coaches and mods say a coach isn’t leaving just to see the announcement days or even hours later... 

44 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I understand what the UNC guy was saying. But there was no direct quote from Brewster in what he said. He’s going by rumors and what he’s been told as well as the A&M side is going on rumors and what they have been told. 

The problem I have with your approach to this whole thing is you’re basing your entire argument on what a UNC mod says with no direct quote from Brewster himself. Which is fine if you want to take that approach. But then you act like it’s gospel and that it must take 1 mil or it won’t happen. All I’m saying is there are two sides to this. You could be right by listening to the UNC guy. You could be dead wrong. But stop being so arrogant about it and admit this could be a fluid situation and until we hear the announcement of a hire for A&M anything is possible. How many times have we heard coaches and mods say a coach isn’t leaving just to see the announcement days or even hours later... 

Not being arrogant.  I’ve just been saying what I’ve read and what I think.  You’re reading into what I’ve posted.  You don’t like it when somebody or a topic presented disagrees with your beliefs, that to me is arrogance.  

so now because what I read had no direct quotes means the guy could not know what he’s talking about.  Who knows, maybe he’s brewster’s first cousin?  Maybe he’s really in tune with the athletic department.  Maybe he doesn’t know jack squat, but you dismiss it immediately as well.  Then call me arrogant believing that side.  

take a step back for a minute and just look at the situation.  Brewster went to what most would call home.  He kept a house there for almost 20 years after being there the first time.  From all I’ve read that is most likely a fact.  He is working for a guy he’s always loved and respected and works well with.  That is pretty factual.  He loved his time in college station. That is said to be the truth as well.  He left College station for chapel hill and willingly went for less money.  That is a fact.  

Everything else I’ve read in the thread is speculation, since there’s no direct quotes.  Sure it could happen,   But the very few facts out there don’t point to it happening.  The Aggie AD may break the bank and lure him back.  Who knows.  I’m not disagreeing out of arrogance or hatred though.  Don’t be such an Aggie paranoid

29 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Not being arrogant.  I’ve just been saying what I’ve read and what I think.  You’re reading into what I’ve posted.  You don’t like it when somebody or a topic presented disagrees with your beliefs, that to me is arrogance.  

so now because what I read had no direct quotes means the guy could not know what he’s talking about.  Who knows, maybe he’s brewster’s first cousin?  Maybe he’s really in tune with the athletic department.  Maybe he doesn’t know jack squat, but you dismiss it immediately as well.  Then call me arrogant believing that side.  

take a step back for a minute and just look at the situation.  Brewster went to what most would call home.  He kept a house there for almost 20 years after being there the first time.  From all I’ve read that is most likely a fact.  He is working for a guy he’s always loved and respected and works well with.  That is pretty factual.  He loved his time in college station. That is said to be the truth as well.  He left College station for chapel hill and willingly went for less money.  That is a fact.  

Everything else I’ve read in the thread is speculation, since there’s no direct quotes.  Sure it could happen,   But the very few facts out there don’t point to it happening.  The Aggie AD may break the bank and lure him back.  Who knows.  I’m not disagreeing out of arrogance or hatred though.  Don’t be such an Aggie paranoid

This is my last post on the matter. But I from the beginning have said you and the UNC guy could be right about this. But you’ve repeatedly questioned everyone on here about what Aggie mods are saying about it. That’s all. You’re the one turning this into something it doesn’t have to be. You want me to just start acknowledging the UNC guy knows and A&M and apparently Texas mods are just making up rumors. I have acknowledged that you are right in all the “facts” you’re talking about and I see absolutely the logic in your argument. But you keep saying A&M needs to moneywhip him back and this and that just because a single mod in a UNC thinks that. He may be dead wrong. I’m simply saying before you just set your flag and die on this argument, just think about how often mods are wrong with info. Why don’t we just let this play out before you just assume some random UNC mod you’ve probably never heard of before yesterday knows anything about it...

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is my last post on the matter. But I from the beginning have said you and the UNC guy could be right about this. But you’ve repeatedly questioned everyone on here about what Aggie mods are saying about it. That’s all. You’re the one turning this into something it doesn’t have to be. You want me to just start acknowledging the UNC guy knows and A&M and apparently Texas mods are just making up rumors. I have acknowledged that you are right in all the “facts” you’re talking about and I see absolutely the logic in your argument. But you keep saying A&M needs to moneywhip him back and this and that just because a single mod in a UNC thinks that. He may be dead wrong. I’m simply saying before you just set your flag and die on this argument, just think about how often mods are wrong with info. Why don’t we just let this play out before you just assume some random UNC mod you’ve probably never heard of before yesterday knows anything about it...

I’ve said they very well could get Brewster back in college station.  I don’t think it’s likely.  

mods Can be wrong.  Malik Jefferson picked Texas.  Javonne Sheppard picked Texas.  There was an Aggie video about Brandon Jones picking the Aggies iirc.  Demarvion Leal Picked aTm.  They’re wrong all the time.  And before you go and say I picked those as a shot against the Aggies, those were the ones I could think of that were just way wrong.   I’m sure there’s more.  

im just figuring a UNC mod may have as good of insight with the UNC coach as an Aggie mod does.

29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Doyle and Cooper is a solid linebacker tandem.

Yea the linebacker corps has gone from a weakness to a potential strength with the last two classes. Hopefully out of the 6 landed in the last two classes 3 of them pan out to be high end players.