Aggies 2019 Thread

Stoney

16 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

They have always been "legit" Wet.

Oregon has had a good team besides for the taggert years, but they have done it with offense. I can’t remember the last time they signed a stud linebacker. Two 5 stars in one class, regardless of family ties is quite a steal for them. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Oregon has had a good team besides for the taggert years, but they have done it with offense. I can’t remember the last time they signed a stud linebacker. Two 5 stars in one class, regardless of family ties is quite a steal for them. 

Well, they have never been legit when it comes to recruiting.

• Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

With Brewster staying at UNC, who is the current target? 
I think Brewster genuinely likes working with Mack and loves living in North Carolina. 

No names yet, but the coaching convention is this week so expect some news this week sometime. Might even be news that Henson is leaving for another job. I’ve heard Jimbo is giving him a chance to look for another job rather than firing him. Also saw where Henson could be reassigned to TEs and an Oline coach hired. Either way there will probably be some moves made late this week early next week for many programs. 

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No names yet, but the coaching convention is this week so expect some news this week sometime. Might even be news that Henson is leaving for another job. I’ve heard Jimbo is giving him a chance to look for another job rather than firing him. Also saw where Henson could be reassigned to TEs and an Oline coach hired. Either way there will probably be some moves made late this week early next week for many programs. 

Yeah, that Aggie OL struggled this season. 

33 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, that Aggie OL struggled this season. 

Henson is/was a huge part of the problem, but talent is also an issue. Of the 5 starters last year, it was one 5 star true freshman and four 3 star guys who were not heavily recruited. A&M had a lot of injuries last spring and early in fall camp to some of the younger 4 star guys that were supposed to be pushing for PT or starting. They just didn’t have a lot of talent. Statistically, the players from this years Oline that were also on last years Oline graded out about the same. They are just limited and some of them playing out of position. Hopefully the younger guys can get/stay healthy and Green moves to tackle allowing one of the current tackles to move to their more natural position inside. 

A&Ms entire season will in 2020 will ride on the Oline. If they get improvement, 11 wins is a serious possibility. If they stay the same it’s probably another 8-9 win year. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Henson is/was a huge part of the problem, but talent is also an issue. Of the 5 starters last year, it was one 5 star true freshman and four 3 star guys who were not heavily recruited. A&M had a lot of injuries last spring and early in fall camp to some of the younger 4 star guys that were supposed to be pushing for PT or starting. They just didn’t have a lot of talent. Statistically, the players from this years Oline that were also on last years Oline graded out about the same. They are just limited and some of them playing out of position. Hopefully the younger guys can get/stay healthy and Green moves to tackle allowing one of the current tackles to move to their more natural position inside. 

A&Ms entire season will in 2020 will ride on the Oline. If they get improvement, 11 wins is a serious possibility. If they stay the same it’s probably another 8-9 win year. 

I hear you, UT’s struggles with the OL unit have caused the truth and accuracy of “We’re baaaack!!!” to be delayed by a year (well, that was part of the problem not the only issue).

That can be discussed on the Longhorns 2020 Thread posted yesterday.